Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 112 of 157 1 2 110 111 112 113 114 156 157
addict
addict
It's broken now not only for Karlach.

Originally Posted by t1mekill3r
It's broken now not only for Karlach.

Good to know it's not my gamer hubris then.

Wonder what it depends on though, considering I see people gushing over the new animation, so evidently it works for some of us

[Linked Image from tarraxahum.neocities.org]
D
stranger
stranger
D
So, is Dammon now returned from the dead?

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Worked for me. It is VERY cute.

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Glad we got the patch with some added goodies for karlach!
But yeah im slightly concerned about this dialogue change with the watcher. Im reeaaallyyy hoping its not a *no your unfixable* line cauase that would just break me.

Dont do eeet larian!
Hope some one here comes in with a comfirmation or not soon

#justiceforKarlach

I
stranger
stranger
I
I see the activity here is naturally fading a bit. Devs, please do not mistake people's patience for a problem gone. Thank you much for any slight improvement you already applied, I still hope to be able to play your game one day.

I
stranger
stranger
I
Well. I’ve done the dialogue. Can’t entirely recall what it used to be, but I think what news I do have is bad news. There’s a point where you can ask “Do you know how to fix this malfunctioning engine” to the Steel Watcher, and you get the response

“Your make is very obsolete. Repairing your engine would not only be impractical, but impossible. Report to the Steel Watch Foundary for immediate dismantling.”

Originally Posted by Isomin
Well. I’ve done the dialogue. Can’t entirely recall what it used to be, but I think what news I do have is bad news. There’s a point where you can ask “Do you know how to fix this malfunctioning engine” to the Steel Watcher, and you get the response

“Your make is very obsolete. Repairing your engine would not only be impractical, but impossible. Report to the Steel Watch Foundary for immediate dismantling.”

Pretty sure that line was already in there. At the very least I definitely saw it in the extracted dialogue files at least a patch ago.

It does sound bad, however. (Still not a reason to not ask anyone at the actual factory about it though. Who said a Watcher knows better that its creator?)

Yeah, I'm pretty positive I remember the Watcher saying her engine can't be fixed and that she should report to Foundry immediately. I did the scene and I can't tell if there's anything different. Maybe someone else here with better memory than mine can say. lol

Unless there's a different watcher somewhere in the city with 'special' dialogues, the scene remained the same for me. laugh

apprentice
apprentice
I looked up the old steel watcher scene up on youtube, and that line was already there, in the exact same phrasing.

I
stranger
stranger
I
Looking at the patch notes, it says it “polished” the dialogue. I’m taking that to mean that there’s some line in there that hasn’t had its overall meaning changed, but was fancied up a bit.

That will at least allow me to believe that Larian aren’t doubling down on making Karlach miserable, and that there may be hope for the future.

Edit: Yeah, just watched the dialogue on YT after playing it myself. As best I can tell, word for word identical. Maybe the polish was on visuals during the dialogue? Or maybe the patch didn’t quite work in this regard.

Last edited by Isomin; 02/11/23 05:04 PM. Reason: Additional information
D
stranger
stranger
D
How does the fix work? Early in Act 2 Dammon ran off in the gloom and died. I then did all of Act 2. If I start Act 3 it is done. Does he just come back to life to talk to him about the iron or what?

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
Also just because the current engine can't be repaired, doesn't mean they can't just make her a new one, pull out the old one, and revivify her once it's replaced. I would only be worried if they added some dialogue from Barcus or Dammon saying explicitly "we can't fix your engine because xyz".

Also previously when they "polished dialogue" they didn't actually change anything said unless explicitly stated in the notes. In the past it meant sound quality, animation clipping, etc.

apprentice
apprentice
I hope its just some minor polish on the visuals or something like that. I want to keep holding on to my faint hope of something good in the future, thank you very much.

As for Dammon, I don't know - I'd suggest checking at Last Light Inn, if you are still in Act 2, and see if he's around. From the way the patchnote sounds he should simply be back.

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Ah ok. So not great news in the watcher dialogue but also nothing new new* that confirms she wont still get a fix later.

Its so hard cause in oder to give karlach a *fixed* engine ending. It really does seem we need upper city or an avernus section quest line similer to house of hope or the gith creche in scope. Which will definately NOT be a patch me thinks. It really would be DLC or DE style content fix.

So every new tidbit in a patch going forward im like...holding my breathe that larian doesnt shut us down with a definitive NO FIX.

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Originally Posted by ialwaysroll1
I see the activity here is naturally fading a bit. Devs, please do not mistake people's patience for a problem gone. Thank you much for any slight improvement you already applied, I still hope to be able to play your game one day.

Well said, its important thst the devs know everyone here is patient because for the most part we have alot of faith in the company to do right by us based on the evidence both in the game currently, and their previous track record as a company.

That said. This thread does explode with activity when any news of karlach info is released. So Larian just know we are all still here waiting/ hoping. Even if this thread isnt growing by a page a day like before smile

(I have zero patience so I uninstalled all mods and got the kiss scene proper

I have now ceased to exist from an emotional overload, it's been nice knowing y'all!)

I gotta ask though, not sure why they had to polish Karlach's kiss scene (not that I mind! It's very cute shadowheartgiggle)

They made it more emotional and with a dose of touch and I love it. Just have to wonder a little why the need to polish hers only and not the others.
All it does is twisting the knife in my heart deeper, considering her endings. frown

Originally Posted by WildOrchid
I gotta ask though, not sure why they had to polish Karlach's kiss scene (not that I mind! It's very cute shadowheartgiggle)

They made it more emotional and with a dose of touch and I love it. Just have to wonder a little why the need to polish hers only and not the others.
All it does is twisting the knife in my heart deeper, considering her endings. frown
They changed Halsin's kiss scene too. I really like it, it became more passionate, but the old one is great too, very gentle. The old one showed height difference between Tav and Halsin, and now it looks like they missed this aspect. I also don't really get the point to change such scenes, but Larian people know best.

Oh Halsin too, nice. Yeah, I mean I welcome these additions and I'm probably overthinking it and they just wanted to polish them a bit better. laugh

Page 112 of 157 1 2 110 111 112 113 114 156 157

Link Copied to Clipboard