Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 113 of 157 1 2 111 112 113 114 115 156 157
R
Rae Offline
R
Originally Posted by Isomin
Well. I’ve done the dialogue. Can’t entirely recall what it used to be, but I think what news I do have is bad news. There’s a point where you can ask “Do you know how to fix this malfunctioning engine” to the Steel Watcher, and you get the response

“Your make is very obsolete. Repairing your engine would not only be impractical, but impossible. Report to the Steel Watch Foundary for immediate dismantling.”

Yes this dialogue was already in the game. We spoke about it few times in the past here. I think it doesn't really matter what steel watcher says, because we already know, she has old and overheating engine, but we need to fix it somehow. Far worse it will be, it something like this say gondians.

About the patch. I like the polishing of Karlach, it is nice to see how Larian still updates the game not only by bugfixes.

If the possibility of fix her engine will make it (back) to the game, I'm expecting it at least six months from now in some huge patch and it will be probably only some smaller quest or story line or how we can call it, or a year or more in case of Avernus or Upper city story in Definitive Edition, because this will take much more time to implement.

A side thought, but it's so funny how so many youtubers and bloggers put Karlach on the thumbnail every time they talk about new patches and stuff, regardless of how many changes actually relate to her.

The unspoken rule of "everyone will click on it if you say 'NEWS' and put a screenshot of Karlach there" laugh

[Linked Image from tarraxahum.neocities.org]
N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
I mean they got me several times now lol

R
Rae Offline
R
Originally Posted by tarraxahum
A side thought, but it's so funny how so many youtubers and bloggers put Karlach on the thumbnail every time they talk about new patches and stuff, regardless of how many changes actually relate to her.

The unspoken rule of "everyone will click on it if you say 'NEWS' and put a screenshot of Karlach there" laugh

this is very true laugh

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
It's cause they KNOW

I
stranger
stranger
I
Originally Posted by Norrec69
Well said, its important that the devs know everyone here is patient because for the most part we have alot of faith in the company to do right by us based on the evidence both in the game currently, and their previous track record as a company.

That said. This thread does explode with activity when any news of karlach info is released. So Larian just know we are all still here waiting/ hoping. Even if this thread isnt growing by a page a day like before smile

Yes sir, these are the exact feelings behind my message. I believe Larian to be nice people trying to do nice things and the perceived hope of a fixed issue is indeed what is keeping my reaction polite and punctual. However I do strongly think Karlach's epilogue and the way it is handled are purely wrong and disrespectful. Final parts of the game were evidently rushed and it created problems. It's an obvious fact and some form of apologies would have been simply honest and surely well-received.

Then is debated parts of the narration itself.. we have a saying in my country that basically say don't open fire on something already dead so I'm going to do just that and refrain.
I yet think more apologies or at least explanations should have happened there. Straight ignoring people's feelings is never alright. I am sorry if it did happened. I searched and found nothing.

Sorry too if I sound like whining here. I do understand I am only one customer and that my words weight the negligible amount of a few copies sold but even if I don't really count, it do seems right to write somewhere why I would cease to care or purchase anything related to the individuals behind these decisions, first because of these issues, secondly because of the communication on them and ultimately of course if they are not fixed correctly. Thanks for reading and have a nice day everyone.

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Not whining my friend, just giving feedback and adding your voice to the cause!

Somebody on Reddit just noticed that the patch note "Karlach's scene about facing death now can also trigger at camp in Act 2" is technically them moving it slightly earlier in the plot, which could be read a few different ways.

That's an interesting thought. The most positive reading, I suppose, can be them freeing up space in Act 3... (although I'm also very hesitant to be reaching here ahah)

Somebody on Reddit just noticed that the patch note "Karlach's scene about facing death now can also trigger at camp in Act 2" is technically them moving it slightly earlier in the plot, which could be read a few different ways.

That's an interesting thought. The most positive reading, I suppose, can be them freeing up space in Act 3... (although I'm also very hesitant to be reaching here ahah)

Either that, or they thought it would fit narratively better in act 2......

Actually, I'm gonna go and get my hopium dose now.

That's why I bought the game -- saw a bunch of clips with Karlach in the thumbnail. Suffice to say: Monkey sees Karlach > Neuron activation.

apprentice
apprentice
I'm still here. We're excited for updates, we're waiting for a thoughtful story for her

D
stranger
stranger
D
Dammon is still dead, so my Karlach quest is done. Also, still could not get a tome that was bugged, and when I talk to a character the game crashes. 80 hours and I might as well start from scratch.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
great way of putting it. still really holding out hope they give karlach the happy ending she deserves and larians track record and continued updates have given me more hope that theyll do it right.

apprentice
apprentice
did anyone look into the datamines to see if there's any new dialogue for karlach? we halsin people, we got new dialogue for halsin that is'nt in the game now but was added in this patch

N
addict
addict
N
^Very curious if there are changes for Shadowheart dialogues in the patch too.

Originally Posted by Madguise
did anyone look into the datamines to see if there's any new dialogue for karlach? we halsin people, we got new dialogue for halsin that is'nt in the game now but was added in this patch

What are the new lines about? To my knowledge, Karlach hasn't gotten any new dialogue, just some "polish"(tm) on her existing one with the Steel Watcher.

Last edited by Walking Kole; 03/11/23 08:51 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Walking Kole

What are the new lines about? To my knowledge, Karlach hasn't gotten any new dialogue, just some "polish"(tm) on her existing one with the Steel Watcher.

everything here is stuff we've been requested that they add to the game, which means they are listening and reading the forums/discord

Originally Posted by Walking Kole

everything here is stuff we've been requested that they add to the game, which means they are listening and reading the forums/discord

That ultimatum is harsh, but it makes sense given what Minthara was plotting to do. Just like Wyll and Karlach leaving if you go forward with the plot.

Good to hear that other fandoms are being served well!

Shadowheart's files also seem to indicate that there's a casual hug option incoming. At the very least for her, but the structure with multiple answers does seem akin to a kiss option, so hopefully everyone.

I'm glad for y'all. It's indeed good news they're listening and adding stuff. approvegauntlet

Page 113 of 157 1 2 111 112 113 114 115 156 157

Link Copied to Clipboard