stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by t1mekill3r
Originally Posted by Estelindis
Originally Posted by Baihu
Tells me Astarion is unavailable, which ya know is normal for him

Thanks for the laugh lol.

Kissing animations are gone for me. I see Astarion got some new lines for them, but it's only subtitles with the dreaded "1. continue" and no sound.
In my game, at least, the kissing scene is also gone with Wyll. Asking for a kiss causes the conversation to end immediately.

Same with Shadowheart so I guess they're all broken now.
My kissy-facing seems to be fine with Lae'zel; but then again, I am one hot little blue girl so how can she resist? laezelapprove

old hand
old hand
Speaking of kisses, the new kiss animation for Karlach is amazing. I’d love to see a more intimate kiss animation for Shadowheart, as well.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by SiriusFun
GOG builds offline installer when they get it from Larian. Is not like Larian does not have installers, and GOG is building from scratch. Larian has his part to "blame" too.And I agree that waiting a day, as you suggested, will suffice.
Larian has absolutely nothing to do with GOG's offline installers. Larian supplies the game build to GOG just as they do to Steam. Once it's verified, it's pushed through Galaxy to users very similar to how it is on Steam. GOG has to take the new build and make the offline patch. This takes extra time, which is why it's usually a day or so later than when Galaxy and Steam get it.

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Ecc2ca
Speaking of kisses, the new kiss animation for Karlach is amazing. I’d love to see a more intimate kiss animation for Shadowheart, as well.
After looking at new Halsin/Karlach animation... just imagine what Larian can do with Shadowheart kiss animation!

S
stranger
stranger
S
Offline installer is already available to download from GOG. So faster than 24 hours, which is good.
Also an update patch pushed by Larian first is not the same with an offline installer for the entire game. Update patch is way smaller size, that's why it is pushed first, and this is how many games are patched or updated.
Though I think that a more plausible reason may be, if Larian provided the full installer together with the patch, that GOG preferred to delay pushing both patch and full offline installer, to not slow bandwidth too much, when numerous BG3 gamers would update it in first hours after release.

Last edited by SiriusFun; 03/11/23 09:19 AM.
veteran
veteran
Can someone please atempt to explain me why is Larian so strubbornly against allowing us to create ACTUALL custom party via Hirelings? O_o

I totally understad that is is important for our protagonist to stay the same Race for the entire length of game ...
Despite the fact that his face, or natural skin/scales collor can litteraly change at any time and people still recognize them.
Despite the fact that there is several spells, or even items for non-casters that completely altern our visage, high, weight, shape, or form.
Ok, i admit it ... i dont understand it at all, but i accepted it.

But why does it matter for a being who have zero personality, zero impact on story, zero story of its own, zero reason to figure in any conversation in any shape or form at all ... and taken over and over, its simply lump of meat, skin and (maybe?) organs ... that are magicaly shaped into form of person ... so our protagonist dont have to fight everything alone? O_o

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
B
stranger
stranger
B
As I've yet to see it mentioned in the thread yet, I want to note the new smoothed textures, especially Astarions (perhaps because he has no bodyhair to mask the missing skin texture) seem unfinished or under-rendered. Blurry.
Not a change that was needed to begin with, but it looks very bad and at odds with the rest of an otherwise beautifully detailed game.

There are also some very awkward changes to camera cinematics.

No mods, fully updated drivers.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Did a HOTFIX just drop? (31 MGB on GOG)

U
stranger
stranger
U
Game still crashes on PS5 when i try to put a custom marker on map. Everytime. Problem got worse since Patch 3 was released.

old hand
old hand
It may have just dropped on GOG. I see something-or-other downloaded about 7 hours ago on Steam.

B
BvB Offline
stranger
stranger
B
MULTI-SELECT: Please revert the controller multi-select change. Or at least give us the option in the menus to change between "hold x and manually select" and "press/hold R trigger and skim". The new version is ridiculously inefficient and a headache for fast-looting or inventory management. Thank you.

B
B
Originally Posted by MarcoNeves
Did a HOTFIX just drop? (31 MGB on GOG)

Yes, the new version # is 4.1.1.3905231 but I can't find patch/hotfix notes anywhere. Does anyone have more info as to what was changed/fixed with this?

A
stranger
stranger
A
In my game, at least, the kissing scene is also gone with Wyll. Asking for a kiss causes the conversation to end immediately.

Same with Shadowheart so I guess they're all broken now.
Okay, it seems to be a mod issue. I had thought at first that it couldn't be, because I had disabled my mods and then loaded an old, pre-mod save, but it turned out that I still had some overrides in there. Once I removed those, the kiss scene occurs again.

HOWEVER...

...while previously Wyll ended the kiss scene with an adorable sappy smile, he now looks unhappy afterwards! Like, he's smiling, and then his mouth turns downwards like he just remembered something really unpleasant, and he starts scowling. laugh

EDIT: Okay, the precise sequence of events is as follows.
1) Camera on Wyll, normal post-kiss smile.
2) Camera on my character, looking down and then looking back up.
3) Camera on Wyll, his mouth turns down and his expression becomes displeased.

EDIT 2: It may be worth mentioning that, prior to this patch, the kiss always ended the conversation. Maybe this weird expression change is as a result of us being returned to the normal conversation menu now, after the kiss.

I'm curious, what Mod was causing the problem?

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Can someone please atempt to explain me why is Larian so strubbornly against allowing us to create ACTUALL custom party via Hirelings? O_o

I totally understad that is is important for our protagonist to stay the same Race for the entire length of game ...
Despite the fact that his face, or natural skin/scales collor can litteraly change at any time and people still recognize them.
Despite the fact that there is several spells, or even items for non-casters that completely altern our visage, high, weight, shape, or form.
Ok, i admit it ... i dont understand it at all, but i accepted it.

But why does it matter for a being who have zero personality, zero impact on story, zero story of its own, zero reason to figure in any conversation in any shape or form at all ... and taken over and over, its simply lump of meat, skin and (maybe?) organs ... that are magicaly shaped into form of person ... so our protagonist dont have to fight everything alone? O_o

I have a good laugh with your post. You are totally right, though.

Not only applied for hirelings, also for origin companions. I can't get why they don't have limited customization options, even if it's just hair and colors.

For example: Gale being a wizard is part of his character. It's metioned all the place from the very firts encounter you have with him. In the other hand, Gale's haircut, eyes or skin color is never take into account in the whole game.

Still you can make Gale a barbarian with 8 int (because you can't put less), but changing Gale's hayrcut... NO! That will destroy the character lore! LOL!

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by jimnms
Yeah, I'm glad it's finally fixed, but after almost 4 months, I finally got tired of waiting and moved on to something else. I figured it was such a small thing that it would have been fixed pretty quick, so I put my game on hold and waited for the fix. If I knew it would take almost 4 months for it to get fixed, I might have played on without it, although the one I wanted to take was a non-combat cantrip so that would have ruined a bit of my out of combat experience. If I were going to take a combat cantrip, I could have managed without it.

When each hotfix and patch came and didn't fix it, I began to wonder if I was the only one playing an Archfey Warlock. I found very few mentions of it here or other forums. Out of curiosity I looked up some play throughs on YouTube and found a few playing Archfey Warlocks. I skipped through until they hit level 4, and not a single one noticed the missing cantrip.

The Archfey is my favourite class lore-wise, and I was very annoyed when I couldn't get my Minor Illusion. However, the only reason I noticed was because I levelled Wyll right after my own character. Most people only have a vague idea of what they're supposed to get each level.

Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
Hello! We deployed a small fix today on PC to address an issue preventing players from clicking on filtered abilities and items related to equipped weapons. We still need to do further testing on Mac, but we'll update you once the fix is live on the platform.

This is the small update you might have noticed today. Once it's live for Mac too I will update the version number here.

H
stranger
stranger
H
What about the countless other bugs after the patch?

old hand
old hand
For me at least, my game is running really well playing on PC. Thank you, I appreciate all of the hard work!

Shadowheart minor Act 3 spoilers
But Shadowheart’s hair still changes from silver back to black midway through her act 3 scene down by the river. The cutscene as a whole looks way better though. There were some issues with camera angle, etc., before patch 4.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Hegyi
What about the countless other bugs after the patch?

Mine's running well on PC also.

Originally Posted by Salo
Hello! We deployed a small fix today on PC to address an issue preventing players from clicking on filtered abilities and items related to equipped weapons. We still need to do further testing on Mac, but we'll update you once the fix is live on the platform.

This is the small update you might have noticed today. Once it's live for Mac too I will update the version number here.

Thank you for the hotfix! My game on PC looks great and it running very smooth. Thank you for all the hard work!

#JusticeForAstarion
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard