Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
journeyman
journeyman
After patch number four the game no longer works on GeForce now.

The main menu is empty. It looks like everything you are supposed to select is still there you just can't see it. If you happen to click on the right place to get it to load a game it either stops loading and has to be closed or if it loads none of the characters are visible and you can't do anything with any of the characters. This patch has completely broken the game on GeForce now.

Shaolin Stoner
T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by Salo
Hello! We deployed a small fix today on PC to address an issue preventing players from clicking on filtered abilities and items related to equipped weapons. We still need to do further testing on Mac, but we'll update you once the fix is live on the platform.

This is the small update you might have noticed today. Once it's live for Mac too I will update the version number here.

What about for the PS5 version?

B
B
Hello! We deployed a small fix today on PC to address an issue preventing players from clicking on filtered abilities and items related to equipped weapons. We still need to do further testing on Mac, but we'll update you once the fix is live on the platform.

This is the small update you might have noticed today. Once it's live for Mac too I will update the version number here.

Thank you for letting us know Salo, much appreciated!

H
stranger
stranger
H
Yes, it's yours. Or you just don't notice the countless errors reported by countless users. Is that possible?

P
stranger
stranger
P
On PS5, I'm missing intensity sliders for eyeshadows, the option to show all highlight colors, and the option to change tattoo intensity. I know other people playing on PS5 are also missing the features. My husband is not missing these on PC.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Dear larian team,

The UI is not working as expected on GeforceNOW on patch 4, i have seen hundreds of reports on nvidia suport channels. Its unplayable to the point that the game was removed from the availabe titles, please help them debug this.

Thanks

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Hegyi
Yes, it's yours. Or you just don't notice the countless errors reported by countless users. Is that possible?

I always notice a ton of posts flaring up whenever a patch comes out.

This time it seems to be:

1. Mods: the usual suspect,
2. GeForce Now, which apparently has a problem. I hope they manage to fix it soon for those experiencing whatever is happening there, and
3. Apparently, something is off with PS5, but I'm not sure what.

My post was agreeing with the one above mine that everything seems to be working really well on the PC version.

I detect a hint of hostility in your reply to me, but I'm not sure why. I hope you're having an okay day, sincerely.

N
stranger
stranger
N
New user here, so sorry if this is in the wrong place. But I think the last patch AI change kind of unintentionally changed Darkness and possibly Fog Cloud. Now melee enemies seem to always know where you are in the cloud, and will run in, take their melee attack, and run out again. I ran the same fight 5 times and while darkness helps vs ranged, it doesn't do anything at all for melee. The AI doesn't even bother trying to avoid it any more. They get both advantage and disadvantage when doing so, due to both you and them being blind. And if something has both advantage and disadvantage, don't they even out? (not sure how the math works on that one.) The Darkness still stops people from shooting in but doesn't do anything for melee anymore.

I didn't see anyone else mention it anywhere, and I was hoping to play a darkness focused warlock. But I don't think its viable now with how the AI treats darkness now.

Anyway, wasn't sure if this was intended or not. I hope not, Darkness was quickly turning into one of my favorite spells.

H
stranger
stranger
H
1. I don't have a MOD.
2. I don't play with GeForce Now.
3. Not on PlayStation.

You know, just because YOU don't have a problem doesn't mean that OTHERS don't have a problem. Did you know that? Because no two PCs are the same. Different Windows versions, different graphics drivers, etc. Moreover, the fact that you don't have a problem doesn't comfort me, who does. So when you write that you feel hostility from me, I write that I feel a great deal of cynicism, arrogance and individualism from you.

By the way, the three you listed are a very select list. I can list countless other problems, for example, Shadowhearts doesn't follow things.

But you know what! Please show me a short video of you closing the loot window properly! Thanks!

Oh, and I had no problems with the game for 120 hours, not a single crash. Until now. So do you think it's me or the patch?

enthusiast
enthusiast

Thanks, Salo! smile

stranger
stranger
In this latest patch on PC (Steam) when you head to the magic mirror, after you click confirm, the button (as well as the exit button) is no longer active. You need to wait 30-60 seconds for the mirror to unfreeze, but you can scroll through options and all of that. So it's either waiting or reloading to the nearest save. Pretty sure it's a bug. My game isn't modded.

Also, while I'm on that, why does the launcher constantly offers me to buy the DLC update even though I've pre-odered the game & the DLC update was free (included)?

Last edited by youarebymyside; 03/11/23 07:38 PM.
B
B
1. I don't have a MOD.
2. I don't play with GeForce Now.
3. Not on PlayStation.

You know, just because YOU don't have a problem doesn't mean that OTHERS don't have a problem. Did you know that? Because no two PCs are the same. Different Windows versions, different graphics drivers, etc. Moreover, the fact that you don't have a problem doesn't comfort me, who does. So when you write that you feel hostility from me, I write that I feel a great deal of cynicism, arrogance and individualism from you.

By the way, the three you listed are a very select list. I can list countless other problems, for example, Shadowhearts doesn't follow things.

But you know what! Please show me a short video of you closing the loot window properly! Thanks!

Oh, and I had no problems with the game for 120 hours, not a single crash. Until now. So do you think it's me or the patch?

I don't doubt that you are experiencing those bugs and I can appreciate your frustration, especially after playing for 120 hours without a single crash (which probably speaks to the quality of the game).

But neither Ecc2ca or JandK claimed that nobody else is experiencing bugs. All they said was that the game is working fine for them on their PCs.

I'm still in act 1 (also PC) and I guess my experience so far is the same as Ecc2ca's and JandK's. The game just works fine on my PC and I have a blast. I have to assume that is the case for the vast majorty of players or else we would see thousands of posts in the forum here, given the massive player base.

I have no doubt that Larian will continue to release patches and fixes to remedy issues for the players who currently do experience bugs and I hope you'll be able to enjoy the game again very soon.

H
stranger
stranger
H
But neither Ecc2ca or JandK claimed that nobody else is experiencing bugs. All they said was that the game is working fine for them on their PCs.

But can we agree that it doesn't help my problem that it works well for them?! I'll give you an example, as if a person in need came up to me and said they were hungry, and I said okay, but I'm not. That would be very selfish behaviour.

A few minutes ago I discovered a bug in my own game that was reported by users on Reddit three months ago, I don't know if it was submitted to the bugreport, but it was. So sure, Larian is working, but there are still bugs that were known three months ago!

By the way, the problem is not that there are bugs, but that Larian does not communicate about them. Take the example of Shadowheart not following the team error. That would be enough for me. But there is silence about the other bugs. Maybe it's company policy, it's certainly unpleasant when banal bugs are revealed about the best game in the world. But let's not forget that I am the customer! I paid for the game, even though I could have downloaded it from a torrent, in my country there is no law against it, because the copyright fee is built into the price of the media (HDD, SSD, etc.). So I am not expecting a miracle, just proper communication.

Last edited by Hegyi; 03/11/23 08:14 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast

But can we agree that it doesn't help my problem that it works well for them?!

A few minutes ago I discovered a bug in my own game that was reported by users on Reddit three months ago, I don't know if it was submitted to the bugreport, but it was. So sure, Larian is working, but there are still bugs that were known three months ago!

By the way, the problem is not that there are bugs, but that Larian does not communicate about them. Take the example of Shadowheart not following the team error. That would be enough for me. But there is silence about the other bugs. Maybe it's company policy, it's certainly unpleasant when banal bugs are revealed about the best game in the world. But let's not forget that I am the customer! I paid for the game, even though I could have downloaded it from a torrent, in my country there is no law against it, because the copyright fee is built into the price of the media (HDD, SSD, etc.). So I am not expecting a miracle, just proper communication.

Sorry, man but my game on PC is running perfectly too. You gotta give Larian more time... they just fixed over 1000 bugs with a 60 Gig update (!!). And they communicate Very well regarding what they are working on. Any more posts from them about every single fix they work on daily, and there would be zero space left on this forum. They'll eventually get to the bugs that are hampering your experience and fix them.... unfortunately for you, those bugs are not as high on the priority list (there are more critical bugs they need to fix first). Every single patch introduces new bugs... it's the nature of the beast. No choice, you just have to be patient. Or: quit the game until Christmas or so, and come back then to see if things have improved for your specific situation.

H
stranger
stranger
H
Every single patch introduces new bugs..

My work ethic isn't like that, but I try to be understanding of how it is elsewhere. However, we can say that it is a half-baked game. There's nothing wrong with that, but let's talk about it that way.

H
stranger
stranger
H
OFF Weren't you in the Dragonheir ad? OFF

C
stranger
stranger
C
If it helps, I'll add what I found after patch number 4:
-When you start a new game and choose a male dwarf as your character, he has blue legs and feet.

-Shadowheart no longer follows the group, often staying still in one spot.
-
In act 3 Gale continues to independently leave the group to reach the statue of Mytra even after he talks to her. This is definitely the most serious bug for which I can't continue playing. I add that I have no mods installed and I have the game on steam

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ciro
If it helps, I'll add what I found after patch number 4:
-When you start a new game and choose a male dwarf as your character, he has blue legs and feet.

-Shadowheart no longer follows the group, often staying still in one spot.
-
In act 3 Gale continues to independently leave the group to reach the statue of Mytra even after he talks to her. This is definitely the most serious bug for which I can't continue playing. I add that I have no mods installed and I have the game on steam
yes it does help and yes these 3 are known issues found 2 mins after the patch went live

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
stranger
stranger
The game definitely runs better. I specifically checked the saved scenes. Romance scenes work correctly again. But the final dialogue with the companion after the victory in the 3rd act broke down (((

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
Playing with the new patch I've noticed the following:

Half of Karlachs lines when you first meet her are now no longer voiced.

Last edited by LordSnugglepuss; 04/11/23 01:52 AM. Reason: Correction made
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard