Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
It's not nearly as bad as that for me, but Vulkan graphics have been noticeably jerkier since the last patch. I had just arrived in Act 2 before it was released. I've not tried playing around with settings yet or with DX11.
That was essentially my starting point. I had a save right before entering Act 2 when it updated, so I'm unsure how Act 1 faired with the patch. Walking around I get some jerkiness, but cutscenes become slideshows for a few frames or don't work altogether. Like an NPC will move as thought talking, subtitles will play, but no audio or mouth movement, other times entire sentences are just skipped with companion dialogue that were there before or a scene will just skip to afterwards and can't be restarted.

I am literally unable to use DX11. My game just crashes after every 5 minutes like it's on a timer or something. That was an issue that patch 3 seemed to cause on my end though. Vulkan can run for hours with zero CTDs though. My major issue is just the performance after the patch.

Edit: I'm thinking I might just put the game away for now and wait a year. I'm kind of hoping they release a definitive edition like DOS2 with a "complete" act 3, some fan requested content, modding tools and bug fixes.

Last edited by Blade238; 04/11/23 03:58 PM.
stranger
stranger
Love the patch notes. laezelapprove

Thank for all the great work guys, Moderators included.

B
old hand
old hand
B
I find the crown daintily indicating THIS IS THE TAV, BLIND PEASANTS!!!1 mildly annoying. Anybody else?
Can it be toggled off?

Last edited by Buba68; 04/11/23 04:13 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
The Rats quest in the Gauntlet is fixed on PS5. Finally. Some minor tweaks here and there as well - can’t complain. Ppl here are overblowing things, as is always the case on the Internet lol.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by ladydub
The Rats quest in the Gauntlet is fixed on PS5. Finally. Some minor tweaks here and there as well - can’t complain. Ppl here are overblowing things, as is always the case on the Internet lol.
I will come for you! Kill your dog! And delete your BG3 Campaign!
And your mouse is last year's fashion!!!!1
:P

Thank you for the patch, Larian! 1000+ fixes is no small feat, and it's running smoothly on my gaming laptop. Also more people need to understand programming is a complex and difficult process for a game this huge, it's not just about work ethics. I'd wager they're even more frustrated about the issues than you are.

Would it be okay to humbly request another roadmap from Larian? I feel like people's expectations and some severe reactions could be tampered with a bit more communication from the team. A general outline of features that are currently in development or even just acknowledging major complaints/bugs would do wonders.

Minthara bug list, updated for Hotfix #22.
B
BvB Offline
stranger
stranger
B
MULTI-SELECT with Controller: as well as the R-Trigger option not being available as stated before, BOOKs are broken for multiselect with controllers, defaults to read and then pickup...again super inefficient and annoying to have to manually select and send to camp or whatever you want to do. Why are we adding more actions to an already heavy inventory management game?

V
stranger
stranger
V
Originally Posted by BvB
MULTI-SELECT with Controller: as well as the R-Trigger option not being available as stated before, BOOKs are broken for multiselect with controllers, defaults to read and then pickup...again super inefficient and annoying to have to manually select and send to camp or whatever you want to do. Why are we adding more actions to an already heavy inventory management game?

I've also just noticed that you can no longer multiselect objects to send to a backpack, but instead have to send each object over individually now. Wild.

F
stranger
stranger
F
My patch 4 is 103 GB, something is very wrong. How can I get this fixed

journeyman
journeyman
Still. While I understand your position, I don't ultimately agree with you. Some responsibility must fall on the buyer in this case, surely. No one hid that patches and hotfixes would be forthcoming. Any amount of research into the matter would have indicated that bugs were likely to be a part of the purchase. So, this is a "buyer beware" situation, wherein a certain due diligence is to be expected of the buyer. Caveat emptor, right?

Right, it's not like BG3/Larian is heralded as a masterpiece 10/10 game/studio that's setting standards for AAA games for being a relatively bug free game.
Nor is Larian a company thats 450 staff strong where the buyer would expect a staffed QA department in order to vet the patches to prevent the current issues from occuring, no, it's definetly the buyers fault for not researching enough reviews.

No offense intended, but I had to point out that only a handful of critic reviews probably even mentioned how buggy the game was on release (and mostly related to act 3) and how people expect a company of Larian's size to be putting out bug fixes that doesn't reduce the stability of the game. 3500ish fixes is good and all, but it's seemingly come at the cost of making the rest of the game more unstable, things that should've been properly vetted by QA, no?

(Mind you, not having a jab at their QA department, I hope they're treated much better than the industry standard)

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Blade238
It's not nearly as bad as that for me, but Vulkan graphics have been noticeably jerkier since the last patch. I had just arrived in Act 2 before it was released. I've not tried playing around with settings yet or with DX11.
That was essentially my starting point. I had a save right before entering Act 2 when it updated, so I'm unsure how Act 1 faired with the patch. Walking around I get some jerkiness, but cutscenes become slideshows for a few frames or don't work altogether. Like an NPC will move as thought talking, subtitles will play, but no audio or mouth movement, other times entire sentences are just skipped with companion dialogue that were there before or a scene will just skip to afterwards and can't be restarted.

I am literally unable to use DX11. My game just crashes after every 5 minutes like it's on a timer or something. That was an issue that patch 3 seemed to cause on my end though. Vulkan can run for hours with zero CTDs though. My major issue is just the performance after the patch.

In that case, I'm sorry to report that the stuttery performance I saw in Vulkan doesn't seem to happen with DX11 eek

It's a long shot, but I had lots of problems with DX11 in early access due to the Windows 11 DVR that went away after I disabled it, though what I'd been seeing prior to that was extremely low frame rates (like <10 FPS) rather than crashing.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
And just so it doesn't get lost, let's not derail this official news thread with side conversations. As long as they're civil and constructive, folk should feel free to take their discussions to separate threads in appropriate subforums. Let's keep this one for posts or short exchanges specifically about the patch.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
S
stranger
stranger
S
This change to multiselect is horrible! It's so sluggish and infuriating to use after getting so used to the simple and quick R2 based system after hundreds of hours of playtime. And the inability to put multiple things into containers at once is nearly deal breaking by itself. That all, combined with the blatant miss for the readable items not working because it uses 'x' for two functions at once seems to me that they really didn't think this one through at all.

I tried to play the game with it but as something you have to interact with every minute it makes the game unplayable for me and for the first time in a while I actually played something else despite really enjoying the game otherwise and wanting to finish the story. It's so sad to me that they made all these other awesome changes but completely ruined the entire game for me with such a stupid and minor but crazy impactful change. Not even dating Karlach is worth this! I Even spent a while trying to find a way to downgrade the game on PS5 but that looks to be infeasible so now instead of actually playing the game I'm suck here angrily complaining about it haha...

But it appears there are lots of people who dislike this change, I collected all of the reddit threads I've seen on this and listed them below just in case there's any doubt how widespread it is. In all of the hundreds of comments on the posts below virtually every single player agrees this is a huge downgrade.

Patch 4 multi select on PS5 controller
Patch 4 broke multiselect on pouches when on a
Patch 4 PS5 multiselect in inventory
New multiselect is worse
Multiselecting change after update 40
Multiselect change in controller
I absolutely hate the new multiselect
Selecting multiple items PS5
The multi select item change has to be the worst
Patch 4 bugs on PS5
Postlaunch feedback
PS5 post patch interface changes are straight QOL
Patch 4 lands with over 1000 fixes/updates
Anybody else tired of patches
I hate the new PS5 inventory system
Patch 4 v4113882084

Please bring back the R2 system as quickly as possible so we can keep playing! Even with the occasional buggy items that had to be picked up twice it was still infinitely better.

Last edited by starstorms; 04/11/23 06:25 PM.
T
journeyman
journeyman
T
So, the PC got a hotfix within 1 day of yet another botched patch release.
When are us PS5 players going to get ours?

Bard of Suzail
Bard of Suzail
This sadly is one of the drawbacks to consoles. Larian cannot issue a quick fix as any update as to go through certification of Sony or Microsoft respectively. This slows down the whole process for consoles.

I can say I am happy to see Larian buck the trend of so many studios. A lot of studios wait to launch a game or even a patch until all the various platforms are ready and approved, if needed. Larian seems to be pumping out the updates as soon as they are ready for each platform without putting any platform on hold waiting for the others.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Blade238
I didn't notice others mentioning it, but since this latest patch I'm having massive FPS drops after starting Act 2. Was not experiencing this with Patch 3 on Act 2. It's playable but kills the experience to slide show cutscenes at times.

I'm on a 7900 XTX, 1440p and capped at 60 fps. I got rid of the overlay and everything since I was having CTDs on patch 3 with it on. I'm also using Vulkan because using the DX11 causes my game to CTD every 5 minutes on both of my AMD cards.

It has become a bit worse in act 3 for me - I never had problems before. It is playable, but not as good as it was.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
T
addict
addict
T
Well i was Really Happy when i saw they realease the New Patch 4.0
(was really hopping that they actually fixed the anoying Visual Bugs i was having.. but no. they are all still there looks like..)
im actually just coming to report this ..
I will stop playing this Game becouse i really dosent have another Option..
They actually Took away from me the few options i still had in this game with this anoying bugs..
and that kill the fun and the game for me..

so Yeah Good Luck for all of yu that are still happy with this Game..
Becouse im Done..
Shame that i cant Ask for my Money Back becouse i already have more then 1000 hrs played..
and i can only feel that i wasted my time with this game.. kinda really bad this feeling. for real.

( I did not post anything since the day the Patch Came out, becouse i was testing the Hell out of It with all my Games..)
I spend almost 2 days just Testing the Buggy Things.. to see if they were fixed.

Good Bye and Good Luck for all of yu that are Staying..
becouse yu guys will gona Need it i beleave..
Peace Guys and Praise the Sun.. \0/

Last edited by Thorvic; 04/11/23 10:15 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Still getting the "1. Continue" conversation option bug post patch 4. No mods this playthrough, and this is the only time it's happened so far, talking to Shart about Shar beliefs early in Act 1.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T
addict
addict
T
This is just the Tip of the Iceberg with Shadowheart i will just Say that..
Her Quest line in the Sharran Path its Ok to Play.. yu will find Few Bugs..
But if yu Go in the Light Path.. Jesus Prepare to cry.
yu will Find A LOT of Game Braking Bugs and Visual Bugs..
So Much that i Actually Stop even Trying to Romance her in the Selunite Path..
(and i will not Lie.. Sharran Shadowheart Romance really Sux. if yu get to See the Light Path yu will like her a Lot more the other way.)
The Only good Thing with Sharran Shadowheart Romance in my opinion of cource.. is the good ending yu can get in the Last Moment.. Felt Like Luke Battle and his Father seeing the Light at the last Moment.. pretty amazing if yu Save her Fathers.. and the Romance Scene is Pretty hot in the Sharran Path.. but i still like her More in the Light Path (Selune Shadowheart..)

Last edited by Thorvic; 04/11/23 10:23 PM.
In that case, I'm sorry to report that the stuttery performance I saw in Vulkan doesn't seem to happen with DX11 eek

It's a long shot, but I had lots of problems with DX11 in early access due to the Windows 11 DVR that went away after I disabled it, though what I'd been seeing prior to that was extremely low frame rates (like <10 FPS) rather than crashing.
No dice. The game stuttering and FPS drops are nonexistent with DX11 as you said, but I'm still unable to use it (CTD after 5 minutes). I attempted your suggestion and many others online, but it seems the AMD 7000 series GPUs don't work with DX11 on Baldurs Gate. Hopefully a hotfix patches the FPS drops, because this last patch made the game essentially unplayable (or at least enjoyable) for me.

Edit: I wish I could rollback to patch 3 on Steam. I'm worried they leave it in this state or worse and I'm left with a bricked game basically.

Last edited by Blade238; 05/11/23 01:22 AM.
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard