Originally Posted by vx_phoenix_vx
I need to know more about SH personally to give an informed opinion but my surface-level knowledge of her (never romanced her) is that she's also a SA survivor so I would agree she's not a great option either.

Here's the thing though: if Halsin was truly poly, and SH had given clear indications that that kind of relationship was okay with her, she wouldn't be a terrible option.
But since we get a sex-pest from Halsin and not a true poly relationship, it would likely just be more sexual trauma for her to sort through. This is just my opinion though.

I good alternative would be Wyll, Lae'zel, or Karlach if she gave informed consent.
All 3 characters have the gumption to say no when they're not comfortable with it and, aside from Wyll, they've all expressed that Halsin was handsome and interesting.
SH expresses interest in Halsin but it feels forced and Astarion outright dislikes him, calls him annoying, and makes fun of his nature bullshit all the time. They both just suck as options...
It was mentioned countless times before, but yes, SH denies any poly proposal in act 2. Act 2 her banter with him is also more "hostile". SH "interest" in him is only in act 3 his poly proposal, drow scene(fantasies and all that stuff) and banter that occurs after her skinny-dip scene. All those 3 interactions(especially 2 and 3) are the the reason SH fans are upset around all this situation. Feels very OOC for her, considering her story and her overall goals. But yea, better not to delve into this stuff again, because it was voiced countless times already.

Originally Posted by Asri
Fandom aside, Shadowheart comes from a background of "short term amusements" and really doesn't care.
But sir, it is her 1 of the first banters, before any relationship. What she becomes at the end of act 2 is important. I would say that she probably becomes 1 of the most "attached" romance partners through her romance story(on Selune path at least). Also "short term amusments" argument is valid for Shar path I guess, because she can't offer more than that.

Last edited by Netav; 04/11/23 05:27 PM.