Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Taleon Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by Black_Elk
Oh oh one more, this is when he goes full on pharaonic Faerun, with the gift of gab!

It's definitely my favorite look so far... I was so stoked when we got to the Sundries! hehe

Act III spoilers*

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

ps. I gave him the archery gloves for blazing arrows hehe. Cloud of daggers, still reliable. Scratch in the backfield somewhere!

[spoiler]

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

I can't look at your spoilers. Fashion is hard on the road. Tecnically I have two runs going (with a third in mind) and Wyll has a brown leather kit and a cape in the first and a black and white suit in the other. I feel like the more Wyll becomes comfortable in his own skin the less he will rely on armour made by someone else and the more he will embrace magic. Though he will always love fencing.

Gift of the gab is right. Wyll has 19 charisma in our builds. He is as compelling as a genuinely selfless hero is and magical as human can be.

Last edited by Taleon; 05/11/23 03:00 PM.

If everyone was treated the way they treated the person least able to resist there would be universal prosperity and complete peace

#MMS
T
Taleon Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by WildOrchid
Wyll is probably the only dude I like the most of the party, he's a delight to have and I just love how kind hearted he is. Sadly, as others said, he - much like Karlach, has somewhat lacking content compared to the rest which is sad.

Will definitely play his origin sometime in the future.

I agree with everything you said Wild Orchid.

If everyone was treated the way they treated the person least able to resist there would be universal prosperity and complete peace

#MMS
veteran
veteran
Might be like a regional youtube thing? Still works in Sac Town hehe. They were just a pair of youtube links to some ace tracks from way back when.

It's off the 2002 Album, Blazing Arrow: track Blazing Arrow and then 4000 Miles. Video links here automatically embed, but you can check the wiki maybe and catch it where you're at perhaps... Sadly dude passed during the plague times. 2021 was rough, but I had it in the head ya know, keeps the spirit alive. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gift_of_Gab_(rapper)
Or just imagine whatever top tracklist. It all works hehe.

Bard vibes!

I like that Wyll is still about trying to save the Old man.

I think that's a cool angle so I give him a lot of credit for that one. He also has Speak with Animals (Beast Speech Eldritch Invocation) so I feel like Wyll and Scratch got that kinda bond. They've both been through some hard knocks but still bounce back. I dig that aspect.

Last edited by Black_Elk; 05/11/23 03:31 PM.
T
Taleon Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by Black_Elk
Might be like a regional youtube thing? Still works in Sac Town hehe. They were just a pair of youtube links to some ace tracks from way back when.

It's off the 2002 Album, Blazing Arrow: track Blazing Arrow and then 4000 Miles. Video links here automatically embed, but you can check the wiki maybe and catch it where you're at perhaps... Sadly dude passed during the plague times. 2021 was rough, but I had in the head ya know, keeps the spirit alive. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gift_of_Gab_(rapper)
Or just imagine whatever top tracklist. It all works hehe.

I like that Wyll is still about trying to save the Old man.

I think that's a cool angle so I give him a lot of credit for that one. He also has speak with Animals so I feel like Wyll and Scratch got that kinda bond ya know. They've both been through some hard knocks but still bounce back.

I only I can't (meaning shouldn't) look because it might be a spolier for me. I'm kdding. Don't worry. I searched Gift of gab and listened to "Alchemy." Appropriate.

Wyll and Karlach have similar characteristics. So genuinely nice in spite of all the terrible things they've been through and both like animals and nature. Wyll has very high Nature so I gave him the druid crown. I can see Karlach going a bit Ranger because she appreciates unspoiled nature (probably a lot more after Avernus). I think you're right about Wyll finding a kindred spirit in a little companion he can commuincate with that has seen some things. I had that in mind with the summoned beings. I feel like Wyll would have a familiar.

#MMS
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Taleon
Wyll is a good friend almost from the start, reliable in a fight, and by far the most heroic self-sacrificing character I've come across in a long while.
Yes, that's what I love about Wyll most: that he's a genuinely good person trying to do the right thing. However, his willingness to sacrifice so much of himself is something I would've liked to be able to interrogate more. He's quite confident in his abilities and his beliefs, but I'm not sure that he's confident in his sense of self-worth. Or maybe it's simply that he values others so much that it seems like he doesn't value himself enough.

T
Taleon Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
Originally Posted by t1mekill3r
Originally Posted by fylimar
I don't appreciate Mizora hanging out in my camp though. I hate her guts.

I like Wyll, but cannot stand Mizora. It's always a coin flip when I'm deciding whether to recruit him.

Same here. This is really my only major hangup about recruiting Wyll. He's great; Mizora is awful. Unfortunately they're a package deal. astariondisapprove

I feel like this is a lot less irritating if you are planning to murder her.

#MMS
old hand
old hand
I would gladly murder her if it were possible in the actual game. laezelapprove As it is, she just stands around in camp and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. I approve of Wyll's (potential) decision to hunt her down post-game, but for me, that doesn't make her continued presence any less irritating.

T
Taleon Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by Estelindis
Wyll is a good friend almost from the start, reliable in a fight, and by far the most heroic self-sacrificing character I've come across in a long while.
Yes, that's what I love about Wyll most: that he's a genuinely good person trying to do the right thing. However, his willingness to sacrifice so much of himself is something I would've liked to be able to interrogate more. He's quite confident in his abilities and his beliefs, but I'm not sure that he's confident in his sense of self-worth. Or maybe it's simply that he values others so much that it seems like he doesn't value himself enough.

Thank you Estelindis. Great comment. Definitely something to think about and explore. Is there a line for self-sacrifice and, if there is, how much is the reason the person is so willing in the first place what defines it and how much is the line defined by the result? As Withers asks, what is the worth of a life?

I feel like Wyll and Karlach challenge our character as much as our sensibilities as angels who look like devils while we sometimes choose devils that look like angels.

In the next age somone is going to decide Wyll should be remembered as a saint if Faerun remembers him, human and flawed but a saint. What about the rest of us as heroes or ordinary beings? How much is too much to ask to save someone or many and what are we if we are not willing to pay?

#MMS
veteran
veteran
Let's form the Mizora murder squad wyllcool

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
T
Taleon Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T

I'm in. wyllcool

#MMS

#MMS
T
Taleon Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
I would gladly murder her if it were possible in the actual game. laezelapprove As it is, she just stands around in camp and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. I approve of Wyll's (potential) decision to hunt her down post-game, but for me, that doesn't make her continued presence any less irritating.

Fair Tarlonniel.

She doesn't lurk in our camp (yet) and I wouldn't let Wyll go as a party member because of it but I can see how being stuck with Mizora if you are sure there is no way to get rid of her would make even a good thing in the same package less appealing.

There is an idea to bring together a group of remarkable adventurers to see if they can work together when they are needed to defeat the Mizoras one never could.

#MMS

#MMS
old hand
old hand

I'm in. wyllcool

#MMS

Aww yeah. laezelmad shadowheartdisapprove astarioncool (No, Astarion, I don't think it would be a good idea to try biting her...)

I'm probably the only one who likes Mizora lmaoooooooooooo.

T
Taleon Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T

Most beings have at least mother and an other who likes them. That's completely normal.

Also, pretty much everyone dies.

#MMS

#MMS
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

I think Mizora's fabulously and amusingly evil, and wonderfully acted, too. Though I still think we should be able to get her to leave camp after her plot purpose is served grin.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
I like this hat on Wyll - I put it in spoiler tags, it is knid of tied to the Durge story:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Doctor Who
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I like this hat on Wyll

I thought he looked very swashbuckling in the digital DLC Beast's tricorne hat, especially with the cloak as well. I resisted swapping them in for kit that actually did something useful for an embarrassing amount of time in my first playthrough.

I kept him in my party (and my PC romanced him) in my first playthrough, and also dual-classed him into Oath of Vengeance paladin. I ummed and ahhed, but decided in the end that felt more appropriate than Devotion for how he was developing, given his willingness to do things others would consider beyond the pale for the greater good, and the fact that he says at some point that while he swears by the three he is not really devout - can't recall the exact words, but I think it was him contrasting himself with Gale).

Oh, and in response to one post I've seen here, I agree that starting off a thread we want to be positive by complaining about negativity elsewhere (that folk here may not have seen and are almost certainly not part of) just risks importing negativity here and so can be counterproductive, as well as not really setting the good vibe that I assume the OP is after. But I'd suggest we all just move on and bear that in mind for the future.

Last edited by The Red Queen; 05/11/23 08:54 PM.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
I like this hat on Wyll

I thought he looked very swashbuckling in the digital DLC Beast's tricorne hat, especially with the cloak as well. I resisted swapping them in for something that actually did something useful for an embarrassing amount of time in my first playthrough.

I kept him in my party (and my PC romanced him) in my first playthrough, and also dual-classed him into Oath of Vengeance paladin. I ummed and ahhed, but decided in the end that felt more appropriate than Devotion for how he was developing, given his willingness to do things others would consider beyond the pale for the greater good, and the fact that he says at some point that while he swears by the three he is not really devout - can't recall the exact words, but I think it was him contrasting himself with Gale).

There is another hat, that looks great - it looks a bit similar than the DLC hat, but I didn't find it on my second playthrough and this here (what I posted) looked very steampunky. I like that. Was contemplating to give it to my Durge Suri, but she is a bard and uses Birthright to get her charisma up.

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
I wish Wyll got something for being a devil. Something devilish, like devil's sight, or resistance to certain types of damage.

I always have trouble with headgear and horns. If I start thinking there are holes for the horns to go through, then I start wondering how the hat/helmet/whatever could possibly have been put on in the first place.

Same with pants and tails, though, in fairness.

T
Taleon Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by The Red Queen

I think Mizora's fabulously and amusingly evil, and wonderfully acted, too. Though I still think we should be able to get her to leave camp after her plot purpose is served grin.

Agreed. She is the devil on Wyll's shoulder but she doesn't need to stand there in person.

#MMS
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard