Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
L
OK - just finished a playthrough romancing Shadowheart using the following parameters:

1 Shadow doesn't kill you know who
2 Shadow goes along with her family wishes

And what do I get for endgame - two flipping lines of dialogue, which is really rubbed in by seeing the whole Karlach end scene playout.

Surely there could be a little more depth than a fade to black, S saying how good the previous night was, one line about her parents than we agree to go off together. How about a least a scene showing us walk off hand in hand!

T
addict
addict
T
Yeah man Welcome to the Party theres another post already here that evrybody is talking about act 3 and the ending..
and i will just say something its not just her ending that its this way..
Just Dive Deep there man.. yu will understand me..
Unhapping Endings My Be Good the Post Name.. its in the Same category as this one..
Take a Look there man.. maybe will make yu feel a litle bit better.
and i understand yu bro..really do. not Joking.. thats not a Decent ending..
i understand that pretty well.

Last edited by Thorvic; 29/10/23 12:19 AM.
old hand
old hand
Yeah, supposedly they’re working on adding a better epilogue. I hope it’s the case! I agree that the whole act three Shadowheart romance is underwhelming, and I wish to God they would do something about it! Because it’s so strong in the first two acts. Problem is the game just isn’t finished.

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Originally Posted by Ecc2ca
Yeah, supposedly they’re working on adding a better epilogue. I hope it’s the case! I agree that the whole act three Shadowheart romance is underwhelming, and I wish to God they would do something about it! Because it’s so strong in the first two acts. Problem is the game just isn’t finished.
Agreed, she really needs at least one more romance scene. She's just so preoccupied in act 2 and 3 and it's kind of awkward to fit a romance scene in either of them but I guess after the parent's decision would make the most sense. Then again the swimming scene happens when she's still worried about her parents so maybe it's not that awkward to fit another one in before you save them.

old hand
old hand
She does get a late-game scene but it is definitely not romantic. It kind of sucks. I wish they’d finished the game before they did a full release.

Last edited by Ecc2ca; 29/10/23 01:03 AM.
L
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
L
To be honest I find act 3 underwhelming generally in terms of both romantic and companion interactions e.g. killing the other two generates about as much reaction as finding out who's eating the pigeons.

Due to it's size I'd have thought having a gathering/romance/companion interaction after beating each of those would have paced the whole act better.

In fact I'd have split it into 3 acts

Act 3 beat one - have romance/party major interaction

Act 4 beat the other - same as above

Act 5 - romantic interaction the night before going into a battle where you both may die.

old hand
old hand
I mean, that would be awesome, no doubt. I would love to see so much more content added to act three. I’m just, unsure that it’ll happen since the patches since release have seemingly broken more things than they fixed.

But I’m optimistic that we’ll see something crop up in the next year adding at least some content. Lae’zel’s act three romance is pretty underwhelming as well… and yeah, then there’s Karlach. Can’t imagine that they won’t touch any of that.

I think it’s worth noting that act three underwhelms because acts one and two are so amazing. So we know that they have it in them to create something truly amazing throughout. Here’s hoping they keep working at it. And obviously divinity original sin two is an incredible game through the whole thing, so I hope that BG3 ends up like that.

If not, hey, if the ending didn’t feel satisfying, why not create a headcanon? Brainstorm the dialogue that you would have loved to see. In the last scene(s) with Shadowheart. That’s probably what I’ll do, to be honest.

N
addict
addict
N
She needs some act 3 scene post house of grief perhaps(and post her long rest scene after), maybe just dialogue or something.

And of course extended "farm" ending epilogue.

L
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
L
I know what you mean about Lae'zel, the morning scene is really rather touching but it's almost like your partner/companions turn into hirelings in Act 3.

I do think that the writers have created a rather unusual problem in that people get invested in their partner, also would it kill them to add a hug option in the scene where Shadows had to make I massive choice - I felt a total pudding standing there watching her

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
She needs a hug after you confess your love to each other after the Nightsong.

She DEFINITELY needs a hug during her final story cutscene where she's crying, shouldn't even have to romance her for that. Let the romance specific option be to keep her company for the night so she has a shoulder to cry on. And she needs post-cutscene dialogue to finish up the story.

The romance epilogue needs more but honestly all epilogues need more. The fact that she has no epilogue without romance, especially after the lack of options during and dialogue after her final story cutscene is odd to say the least. She's the only origin companion with no guaranteed line in the epilogue. The last thing you see and hear of her unromanced in the no parents ending is her crying at a useless statue of Selune because Selune does nothing throughout the entire story to help her. How can one not assume she's just going straight back to Shar to get over all that grief?

Another romance cutscene would be great, probably in act 2, like a second date where you can gift her the Night Orchid if you didn't before. And just because it's unfair Astarion has so many, lets add another one to act 3 too! And in general, more romance specific dialogue options/replies. But all of them need that.

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Michieltjuhh

She DEFINITELY needs a hug during her final story cutscene where she's crying, shouldn't even have to romance her for that. Let the romance specific option be to keep her company for the night so she has a shoulder to cry on. And she needs post-cutscene dialogue to finish up the story.

The romance epilogue needs more but honestly all epilogues need more. The fact that she has no epilogue without romance, especially after the lack of options during and dialogue after her final story cutscene is odd to say the least. She's the only origin companion with no guaranteed line in the epilogue. The last thing you see and hear of her unromanced in the no parents ending is her crying at a useless statue of Selune because Selune does nothing throughout the entire story to help her. How can one not assume she's just going straight back to Shar to get over all that grief?

Another romance cutscene would be great, probably in act 2, like a second date where you can gift her the Night Orchid if you didn't before. And just because it's unfair Astarion has so many, lets add another one to act 3 too! And in general, more romance specific dialogue options/replies. But all of them need that.
Couldn't agree more. 1 and 2, especially 2 is a must.

L
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
L
Originally Posted by Michieltjuhh

Exactly, especially Act 2.

I do like the idea of the flower scene being more than her jokey response.

For all the complaining people do about Karlach's ending - she gets a full scene at the docks plus the ending scene.

T
addict
addict
T
I actually felt that the First time i Gave her the Flower..
when she talks that she will think on something in return;;
that she would actually gave me something (kiss, surprise or anything..)
but No.
i beleave that the surprise its the romance scene then ? maybe ? hauhauha
another Strange Thing is the First Romance Scene i always felt that the Romance Scene in the Party when yu side with the Grove Weird;; becouse its the same if yu romance her normally
yu can only get a unique scene with her at the party if yu side with the goblins and refuse minthara to stay with her drinking by the fire..
(actually pretty cool scene not joking.)
she is pretty pissed off with yu and drunk when yu convince her that yu want to stay with her at the party..
kinda pretty cool i advice yu to just try to see it.
(another Weird Bugg related to this First Scene. in my Game if i Finish the Grove Too early i get this Scene 2,3 times during act 1..)
And i beleave that 1 of the reasons for this bug happening is if yu dont bring all companions.
(i dont like to bring all of then anymore to just stay waiving at my camp all game.)
the only way i find out to avoid this is to only finish grove and get the party when i already did Evrything at act 1 then i go to party and Asap to act 2.

And i will Just Share a Secret that i Find Out about her.. and for all of yu fans of her i beleave yu will want to see this..
There are 4 itens yu can gave her in the Game..
Shar statue act 1 yu find in the underdark part 2 yu can get a kiss if romance her
Flower act 2 all around the Map (if yu came from iron Forge theres 1 Just when yu Fight the Shadows with the Harpers its in the Tree just Behind the Fight look around yu will find easy.)
Mushroon act 1 ( nowadays i always start to build my Romance with her after i gave her the Mushroon Feels the Right Way like, She remebers all those things and are shearing with me becouse of the Mushroon Get it ?!)
Selune STATUE act 2 (this one is the Secret.. yu Cant Give to Her yu have to let her LOOT the iten and stay in her inventory.. if im not Mistaken this will Triger a Unique Scene inside the Gountlet when she Cut her arm for the First Time doing the Challanges (PRETTY F. AMAZING made my heart Beat that shit.)
(and in the 3 games i get this Unique Scene i did not gave her the Shar statue in act 1 nor let her Pray at the Shirenes outside the Gountlet.. Give a Try guys i really want to know till this day what triggered that unique scene and i did not see nobody talking about it so far. maybe im the only one ho find it so far. so i have the duty to share this shit with her fans;; becouse this is the right thing to do. xD)

Last edited by Thorvic; 29/10/23 03:34 PM.
A
A
Let me throw in variable farm based on saved money. Tav with 100k lying around can own more than just a farm. They could end up controlling the entire food supply of Baldur's Gate, as they buy the farmland out from under everyone else. You should also be able to get various titles based on your cash flow. Archduke Tav? Sure if you've got the money!

Last edited by Angelalex242; 30/10/23 04:27 AM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
I like the ending, Shadowheart tells Tav that she wants to be together etc and it cuts to credits. It's a meaningful ending as both declare you want to be together.

It needs branching out though, as Shadowheart at the start of the scene refers to the "fun" night before, this will be the celebration that Gale and Tav want to do when standing by the water.

I would like to see the celebration party (pub) with Tav and Shadowheart together.

Act 3 could do with some more conversations from Shadowheart but all in all, Act 3 was pretty good for Shadowheart.

Gaming since 87

Link Copied to Clipboard