Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Misery loves company.

I'm on a PC and have logged a slew of enjoyable hours playing this game. (804 hours total sense the very start....Jezzzz.. didn't know it was that much!)

My main person? First got stuck in the prison with the group following..but not the chancellor. She stayed in her cell. The others did follow.

So I clicked her profile and walked her to the first floor. Everyone stood still....no NPC activity. Doors won't open, no one follows anyone.

Attempted to reload- It stuck on '0%' and eventually crashed. Tried it again, Only to have a crash.

I know it's a matter of time before Larian figures this out and releases a patch to fix the patch. I've been enjoying their games sense Divine Divinity (the original)

I'll probably go back to playing Original Sin 2 until the bugs are fixed. (That or maybe Dragon Knights Saga...that was a good one)

S-

Last edited by TheBear; 15/11/23 02:23 AM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
I have been getting major framerate issues since the patch, but im in act 2 at Last Light Inn and the areas between the Toll House (and in it). Things will run smooth for a bit (short of the Last Light Inn) but eventually and usually after some dialogue is started either with a random npc or my party... the framerates just drop massively... Going to camp or other places doesn't fix it. Quitting to main menu the grassy overlook scene is laggy and is any menu, item, or settings menus and response times. The only thing so far that seems to fix it for a little while is to quit and restart the game. It was working just fine before patch 4...

I am running vulkan, and have my fps capped at 60fps as that is the limit of refresh on my 4k tv. I run it in 1440p, have 16gb of ram, an a750 intel card, and a 5600x amd processor... it was running 100% smooth before... And the places it drops and continues to lag are no more "busy" than a goblin camp with a ton of npc's to battle etc... So it makes no sense on a graphics level that its pushing my hardware in the current Last Light/Tolls house shadow curse scenes... Tried 1080p with no improvements. The PC fix listed above doesn't solve any drops... and when I quit to the main menu and the fps lag persists I wouldn't expect it to... this is something much larger than a certain area causing framerate loss... Its a thing where once it starts it just keeping going regardless of where I am or if I am even in the settings/main menu after...

Quitting every 30 mins or so to get the game running smooth again is pretty damn annoying I gotta say... I hope they hotfix this before the xbox release... sigh...

Last edited by gomicao; 15/11/23 05:38 PM.
L
stranger
stranger
L
Same issue here, " Lag act3 since patch 4"... any moderator help us or reply, it's pretty dead here... And of course any answers from Larian support since 2 weeks.
Launch the game on Xbox is more important than having a playable game i guess.

T
stranger
stranger
T
I submitted a bug report yesterday, same story though. Lag in act 3 is impossible to play with. It's my third playthrough- act 1 and 2 run perfectly but the minute I get to Wyrm's Rock it's over.

I restarted and am doing the evil playthrough...fingers crossed it's patched by the time I get to act 3.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Same for me. Act 3 is unplayable on the PS5:
- 3 characters don't follow the leader and just stand around waiting
- NPC's frozen in place and load in minutes later
- Opening doors, jumping, climbing ladders, Saving etc has a minute lag before the action finally kicks in
- Waypoints aren't active so you can't activate a spawn location
- Voss won't leave Raphael's room despite him tell you to follow him.

Act 3 is unplayable at the moment. The last patch seriously broke the game.

Pity - as this game was brilliant before this point. Larian Studios are now losing favour for each day that passes with this game in it's current messy state.

Do you even test your patches?

Z
addict
addict
Z
Don't worry I sure some kiss lover will come to here and say that is only a you problem. You just need to accept that you plastic box isn't strong to handle medium settings. So tune it down down by the river.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Came here to post the exact same thing. When playing coop since I'm the host my delay issue affects the players joined to me aswell. I noticed that when it happens it starts eating up all my RAM, and okay I know 16 GB isn't a lot but on our first playthrough everything was fine. We started this one in November so I'm guessing the issue is there since Patch 4. I tried both Vulkan and DirectX11 and both so the same thing. Not 5 minutes into Cazador's palace and I can wait 15 minutes for anything to happen. I tried to set everything to the lowest possible setting, capping frames, verifying game files, checked if drivers are up to date and none of these seem to help.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700KF CPU @ 3.80GHz
16GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
Windows 10 Pro
Edit: Steam

Last edited by Snaxoltol; 15/11/23 03:32 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Thank you so much for this!

stranger
stranger
Ok, whew...I thought it was just me and I was getting worried.

I started my 1st Tactician playthrough and as soon as I walked past the circus in Rivington it started lagging in all subsequent areas. With the exception of my camp and a few areas that were "instanced"/required to be loaded in. I thought my campaign was corrupted, or something.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Just would like to confirm that my above post about the Last Light Inn framerate lag in Act 2 has been totally fixed by going back to patch 3 hotfix 9... So for anyone having problems with last light/shadow areas/toll house and beyond etc... It is indeed patch 4 causing it. My fps is silky smooth now. Of course now I will have to contend with the bugs that were fixed by patch 4, but I would rather do that and be able to play the game smoothly than have my fps drop to sub 30's after dialogues or some parts of a battle, and having to restart the whole game every 20 to 30 minutes as a result.

Last edited by gomicao; 17/11/23 07:08 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard