Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 23 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Z
addict
addict
Z
This is why I think tactician is to easy part 13-14-15.

Honestly I think I play like a casual player. There are so many better minds and players than me. The only problem is with them they are editing the hell out of all videos. So they got ignored by the devs. At least that was I thinking.

But the reality is that devs don't give a f...about feedback at least not on this platform.
I think the only ppl that watched the videos are not employees of Larian. And this is really bad.
They don't even pretend that they are interested.
I dont make this videos to the player base there are real YouTube celebrities that are happily doing that.
I maked them to give feedback at least give a look.
400+ employees and non of them are even pretending.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 26/10/23 01:54 PM.
V
stranger
stranger
V
I recently went back to playing PoE2 Deadfire because BG3 just was just getting so absolutely braindead easy in terms of combat that it posed a significant barrier in my ability to continue to enjoy the game, even after I went out of my way to avoid blatantly broken features like haste potions and bloodlust elixirs, and it really is a breath of fresh air to play a game where you can tell that combat encounters weren't just an afterthought.

The "don't use it if you don't like it" approach to balancing singleplayer games is just utterly corrosive to the experience of people like me, and others that share the desire for engaging tactical combat, because it puts the onus on us to do the game designer's job for them. Unequipping every magic item, only running around with basic armor and refusing to use half of the class features and spells in the game isn't going to make fights more interesting because the lack of care that went into ensuring some degree of parity between the tools available to the player also translates to a lack of care when it comes to encounter design. A MMA fighter isn't going to have any more fun fighting a toddler just because they're given the option to lay down in the fetal position and do nothing. This is what it feels like to play BG3 if you are even remotely competent at playing CRPGs. You're just standing there like a parent teaching their kid to walk and every time you think that it can finally stand on its own two feet it starts to tip over and you have to grab them by their hand. I didn't select tactician so I would have to babysit the game at every twist and turn into giving me a, I quote, "tough campaign emphasising strategic combat." That's what the banner says when you start a new game and get to select your difficulty. Please take note that it says "strategic combat". My fear is that Larian's takeaway from that criticism will be to just release another difficulty that does a 2x pass on enemy stats until the difficulty of the game devolves into finding ways to deal with bloated health values and damage numbers, which will subsequently force people to abuse the busted action economy with tools like haste potions, instead of getting the game into a state where the player has to make interesting decisions.

If you think what I wrote sounds cynical, keep in mind that BG3 has been in early access for almost three years. Larian was warned that this would happen when people criticized the direction the combat was heading. They just weren't particularly receptive to that criticism. There just isn't much reason for me to get my hopes up that they will ever come to their senses on this.

Last edited by Varilun; 26/10/23 09:12 PM.
T
journeyman
journeyman
T
nm

Last edited by The Spyder; 26/10/23 10:07 PM.
Z
addict
addict
Z
Here is why I think tactician is to easy part 16-17.

The only difficulty I am facing is that the story is not progressing if I refuse to rest 100 time.
For example the windmill scene I could not experience.
I dont get scratch.
I dont get thiefling party.
Halsin stayed at the grove but he is referring that he is in our camp.
In act 2 this is so messed up. I don't even bothered that the stupid ai of Dammon just maked a suicide to running directly to the ooze with 10 hp.

BTW act 2 is almost complete and I think I will finish it with only one rest . It's really an effortless experience.
I taked so many stupid rules to make it harder but I feel my self like a Tigertank in the kindergarden .
After upload the last few act 1 I will make some suggestions.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 27/10/23 11:17 AM.
Z
addict
addict
Z
This is why I think tactician is to easy part 18.
Finished Act1 w/o death solo no multi class +jada jada jada.

Well I whould love to see some devs watching this but the view counts don't show anything. So I gues they don't care.
Or what I really hope they are just on vacaton.

Feedback Act 1 difficulty.
So I was thinking a lot and I tryed to compare BG1 - 2 to BG3.
Why it was harder and why it was for me impossible to do it solo.

First vendors should not reset they stock / rest or by lvl up.
HP potions should be limited also spells.
It literally makes no sense why in the hell are lvl 6 spell scrolls potions all around. At some point I stopped to buy scrolls I just had too much. It makes the game so easy that I don't even need to sleep any more.

Second random encounters ambushing while resting traveling to another location.
With random encounter I remember I always needed or at least feelt the need to rest in a tavern. Simply because it was safe.
In BG3 there is no punishment on the top of that that I don't even needed to rest. And also resurrection was super expensive (I don't remember the formula but it was something like 200g/ lvl) here it have the same price as a health potion it is just stupid.

Third AI. Well i feel when it comes to ai BG1 - 2 vs B3 there is not much a difference but it feels wrong. Because we are in 2023 and in this time it feel like a joke.
But at least in BG1 - 2 combat encounters where designed with full potential. What I mean is lvl 5 mage/cleric had spells prepaired equal to his own intelligence/wisdom .
The monsters enemy's had tools and some prepared strategies .
Here I just see hp litte bit more random actions and sometimes just they press end turn w/o dooing anything or just do suicide.
Another thing defense.
The highest armor class in the game have Ketheric with laughable 23. Litteraly if someone want he can hit every thing with 98%. Defense matter. But in act 1 no one have any kind of armor class.

What I understand

That I am playing around 10th time a complete game and I never used THAT STUPID mirror. I never saw any one requesting it on this forum.
What we asked was transmog system. And difficulty balance from the very beginning of EA.
And we got a statement from Sven that here is what we asked for TACTICIAN DIFFICULTY. WE WILL CRY. I am not crying I am laughing.
The hole difficulty experience feels like no matter what I am doing it feels like cheating cheese the game.

If i use scrolls potion spells if I rest if I ambush If I use steath If I prebuff or just play spellcasters or I play figthers if I have haste if I shove help resurrect if I use tadpole if I use magical items I I use darkness the list is endless.It don't matter what I do it feeel cheating.

I don't had this feeling in any previous Larian game.

So all this YouTube jazz that Larian is listening it feels weird and wrong. Because no one asked for this.
What I hope and want to ask, is to at least look how easily I destroy Act1. And pls make something harder for us. I would even pay 60 euro for it. SIMPLY because some of us don't have access to mods.
There are a lot of ppl asking for this. Maybe this is why we don't got the attention.
So threat us like when are the 1% mybe like this we will gain more attention.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 27/10/23 01:16 PM.
W
stranger
stranger
W
Instead of adding another difficulty (which would be pointless if AI wouldn't be significantly improved) just add a more realistic option where resources would be scarce (potions and scrolls), we wouldn't be able to rest as often and saves would also be limited to camp sites only + the moment we would turn the game off. That way most of the broken builds would be nullified (e.g. wizards wouldn't be as powerful, fighters wouldn't be as invulnerable, etc.). Oh, and get rid of all he junk and empty containers while you're at it.

Anyway, Larian games were never that difficult. If you want to play good challenging RPGs play Colony Ship, Age of Decadence, Jagged Alliance 2 (and 3).

Z
addict
addict
Z
Originally Posted by Wszczebrzeszyn
Instead of adding another difficulty (which would be pointless if AI wouldn't be significantly improved) just add a more realistic option where resources would be scarce (potions and scrolls), we wouldn't be able to rest as often and saves would also be limited to camp sites only + the moment we would turn the game off. That way most of the broken builds would be nullified (e.g. wizards wouldn't be as powerful, fighters wouldn't be as invulnerable, etc.). Oh, and get rid of all he junk and empty containers while you're at it.

Anyway, Larian games were never that difficult. If you want to play good challenging RPGs play Colony Ship, Age of Decadence, Jagged Alliance 2 (and 3).

In Act 2 I died because in the shars temple the lift went down but my character stayed at the same spot and I falled to death.
So iron man or hardcore mod is bullshit in any game what is not 100% bug free. If you fall into a glich this mode suddenly is a feature that is pointless. (I will also post that video)

And I dear to challenge you to play Beyond Divinity and Divine Divinity and come back here and say that same sentence. That Larian games where never difficult.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Hi,
Will we have another difficulty? Tactician is easy for some used to this type of games.

Will like harder fights and more tactical. Than spam the spell that give more damage.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
They don't need to add an other difficulty, they need to fix the mobs stats, spell/abilities available to them and the AI settings. Act 1 is fine, Act 2+ is not.

Z
addict
addict
Z
I finished act 2 soon I will start to upload.
And I have to say act 2 was sooo easy I only rested 1 time.
Now I just killed Ansur after that the video recording stopped so I lost like 10 minutes just managing inventory.

But I have to say Ansur was fun it is the only encounter that I had fun. If he don't jump into the casm its actually a hard fight.
At least solo.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 29/10/23 06:12 AM.
T
addict
addict
T
Face Raph bro.. its the Coolest Fight in the Game in my Opinion i already wipe the floor with him so many times and never gets old.
(i just advice yu get a lot of invisibility and Misty Step if yu go alone.. becouse that battle is little bit anoying solo.)
i did it with my Durge.. and went pretty well with the tatics i used.
another one i like a lot is Sarevok but for me has a especial reason becouse of the other games yu know.. haha
and he is pretty easy if yu know how the game works..
lol
Dont know how build yu are using as Astarion but yu can go with the Unholly assassin of Bhaal
yu will just Miss the Cape from the Durge and its work amazing for the Build..but yu can do it.

Never gave Up man Like a True Souls Player lol
The BloodGod will protect yu. Praise the Sun.

Last edited by Thorvic; 28/10/23 11:26 PM.
C
C
Originally Posted by Thorvic
Face Raph bro.. its the Coolest Fight in the Game in my Opinion i already wipe the floor with him so many times and never gets old.
(i just advice yu get a lot of invisibility and Misty Step if yu go alone.. becouse that battle is little bit anoying solo.)
i did it with my Durge.. and went pretty well with the tatics i used.
another one i like a lot is Sarevok but for me has a especial reason becouse of the other games yu know.. haha
and he is pretty easy if yu know how the game works..
lol
Dont know how build yu are using as Astarion but yu can go with the Unholly assassin of Bhaal
yu will just Miss the Cape from the Durge and its work amazing for the Build..but yu can do it.
What class are you playing? I'm thinking of starting a solo too it's just I don't know what it's capable for solo on tactician, I feel maybe a wizard necromancer might be interesting.

T
addict
addict
T
if yu wanna be a Demi God go with the Sorlock but at firts levels will be a F. Pain..
will never lie made me get a little bit pissed of some times but..
when yu get it going man.. yu will be the God
especially if yu Go with the Durge and go FULL DARKNESS
just F. Kill evrything that moves.. trust me. Full evil Scunbag!
make quest. kill. for XP a lot
yu can even cheese and make some bosses kill thenself for yu.
in act 2 yu will find many situations when yu have Charisma check just Intimidate the F. out of evrybody like a demigod.
but if yu Trully wanna be a God just F. Slay out of evrything that moves.. like a True Slayer!
and for a Souls like feeling its amazing haha
just feels like yu are the boss F. the rest.

(this was how i did.. but there are a looot of amazing builds like the Unholly assasin mix of Rogue,Fighter full illithid, stealth that thing is a beast for itself. planty of Sorsadin and Palock that thing is Broken too.)
but i always recomend.. wanna do SOLO like a True Souls Like.
just go evil Scumbag feels so great.
like i said before.. quest,kill,XP doble all times to get full metal.
and play some metallica in the background helps a lot too.

The Blood God will protect yu.. Praise the Sun! \o/

And when i say kill evrything that moves.. im not joking like in act 1 i did not side with the grove nor the goblins.. becouse i kill then both get it ?
Just really betray, and kill evrything. yu have to became one with your dark side for real if yu wanna survive.
or in the underdark part 1 i help the overgrown mushroon, betray him for the other one then kill the other one too evry XP yu can get, yu get bro.. thats it for Solo runs.

Last edited by Thorvic; 29/10/23 12:04 AM.
P
stranger
stranger
P
Hi,
Hmm don’t know. I’m still in act 1, underdark, and the spectre was very easy. The Minot and the lizard were also easy. Playing in tactician.

I player dos2, and the tactic was much important and harder. Pathfinder is in another level, but have a lot of dificulte options.

Hope your are right and that will be enough. Will be fix?

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
If you're feeling act1 underdark, is too easy (which seems also correct to me), the only solution atm is to install mods to take AI better and up the difficulty with stats.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Hi,
I'm not a great fan of mods, usually I think that make the game to break laugh.
Any suggestion?

S
S
Originally Posted by pvfpinto
Hi,
I'm not a great fan of mods, usually I think that make the game to break laugh.
Any suggestion?

Hey... You should give it a try, you won't regret it. There's many great mods out there that feel surprisingly mature/robust. Just use a proper mod manager like BG3ModManager for the installation. You can always remove the mods again and in case anything goes wrong badly you can make a game file integrity check / repair via steam.

Just note that you may have to use the mods for the rest of your playthrough (or continue from an old save when removing them), cause some mods can break saves that you created with them enabled once they're removed from the game.

Lastly disable auto update of the game, as a new game version might break some mods. Do manual updates instead once the mods you're using are confirmed to support latest patch (and maybe you need to update the mods then too, which is easy using a mod manager...)

Last edited by Staunton; 02/11/23 06:52 PM.

- You are one of us now. - Yes, I suppose I am.
Z
addict
addict
Z
Act 2....
Here is why I think tactician is to easy part 19 -21.
So act 2 is really too easy that is my only feedback here I just did a full rest 1 time.

I had a lot of problems after patch 4.
So I can start to upload just now. Because patch 4 killed geforce now for 4 days. They need to figure out how to bring back bg3 to gfn.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 06/11/23 06:33 PM.
Z
addict
addict
Z
Here is why I think tactician is to easy part 22-23-24.

Feedback about the new Honors difficulty that is already listed on the achievements in gog.

In the end of this feedback video I died because of a huge bug.
The platform moved under me and I don't moved with it.
So the game have huge flaws I cannot die from encounters but the game will delete the save if I die to a bug.
It should be a different version of honor mod then in divinity.

With this video act 2 is done. I only died to a huge geometry bug. Act 2 is definitely too easy.

Start of act3 . Until now its completely solo I went with all bad shaits I needed to load back because of this bug and it's annoying me.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 06/11/23 06:30 PM.
stranger
stranger
Indeed. After beating Tactician for the first time then the all my playthroughs after I had to add some sort of difficulty mods just to make things harder.

Page 19 of 23 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard