Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ldo58 Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I'm in a dark urge run. I freed Minthara from Moonrise and enlisted her in my party. Then we went to the Last Light inn. My butler adviced me I should go there and kill Isobel.
I'm still not completely decided if I will go full dark urge (don't really like that, but curious to see how the story rolls out) or resist it. So I decided to try various options to find out if I can continue that path or not. I decided to see what happens when I kill Isobel.

So we get greeted by Marcus who helped us get inside the Inn, and then we get to fight for Isobel.
I wanted to kill Isobel for the DU reward, but couldn't let her be abducted by Marcus.
So the craziest of fights followed where I was fighting Marcus and the winged horrors AND Isobel and the harpers, while at the same time Harpers and the MArcus gang fought eachother. While at the same time I tried to protect Isobel until Marcus was dead, while she was shooting guiding bolts at me, and I had to stop hellish rebuke.. All so I could kill her without Marcus taking her to Moonrise.
After more than an hour of combat, it worked. Everyone from MArcus camp was dead. I killed Isobel and expected to see my butler but....
A cutscene came up with a winged horror taking Isobel away.
There was not a single enemy left in the iconlist on top of the screen. Where did this **** come from to take my prize away ?
The worst thing, of course, is the time wasted in this fight. The fight itself was not pleasant, given that I had to kill so many "good" people. The game could at least have entered the WH in the fight to give me a chance to kill it also, and find out what would happen when I completed the butler's request.

There were other bizarre situations while saving Minthara. It's nice to give some alternative paths, but not so nice when they don't work.

Last edited by ldo58; 05/11/23 11:04 PM.
ldo58 Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I tried another way to kill Isobel.

This time I teamed up with the Harpers and Isobel and defeated Marcus and the Winged Horrors. Looted Marcus ' body. Talked to Jaheira and Isobel who told me again to go to Moonrise and eliminate Ketheric. Then went to camp for a long rest because all my spells were depleted.
In camp, the butler appeared again, gruesome scene, but I escaped the worst of it. He reproached me again for not having killed Isobel.
Leaving camp, I attacked Isobel and killed her swiftly and then.... suddenly we see Marcus flyi off with her. This definitely cannot be right.
It's not that I want Isobel dead per se, I'm mainly interested in the new scenes for the Dark Urge. But here something is definitely wrong. If I had known this beforehand then I wouldn't have had to waste 2 evenings trying to obtain an Isobel dead body to present to the Butler.

There are other incoherent things in the dialogues with Isobel and Jaheira when you have been in Moonrise and seen Ketheric on his throne before you come to the Last Light Inn.

But the promised price for Isobel's death seems unattainable.

V
V
You don't have to present her body to the Butler. Obvious spoiler:
Just killing her counts. Either Marcus or the winged horror will always take her body as soon as she dies, no way around it. Just kill her, watch everyone in Last Light succumb to the curse, clean house, longrest (!) and snatch your prize.

ldo58 Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Thanks for the response Veranis. It unblocked my game. I reloaded a previous save, rekilled ISobel and pretended not to see her being flown away by Marcus, or hear Jeheira say an absolutist must have infiltrated the inn to seize her. Battled the cursed harpers and got back to camp for long rest, where everyone except Minthara is now angry with me.
Now , indeed, the butler reappeared and gave me the present, but I have to say I'm disappointed with it. As much as I liked the first one. Don't know what to think of this.
I'll try to continue the DU run at least to see what happens when I find the Nightsong. But I'm not sure I will take it to the end. It doesn't seem to be my cup of tea.

Last edited by ldo58; 07/11/23 03:26 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard