Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
A
stranger
stranger
A
Many players love Astarion or Gale, but after patch 3 I have think that Larian hates them.
Gale has become unpleasant when you're just his friend, and Astarion's animations are almost all broken. and all this for "fix" Karlach and Halsin. I liked Karlach before, but now I'm really starting hate the character and his fans.

Last edited by Aideen_asbjorn; 06/11/23 01:54 PM.
addict
addict
lol yes, it's been 3 months and I don't think Gale has had a single day when he wasn't bugged in some way.

L
stranger
stranger
L
PS5 user here.

By and large, in my game, Act 3 is buggier after the patch than before. The previously (mostly) stable game now crashes left and right. Entire parts of various cutscenes simply do not play. Sometimes, there is a long silent pause from an NPC where a character is supposed to say something (this isn't my first play-through). When they do finally talk, the game jumps forward to the NPC responding to a dialogue choice you never saw because it skipped ahead.

The continue bug has NOT been fixed in coop on PS5. I'm not sure about solo, but it's much, much worse than it was prior to the fix. Since the patch, I've seen it incorrectly default to continue as often as every other conversation.

As others have said, multiselect needs to be rolled back. Period. The inventory is cumbersome enough without adding that. Now, you can't even quickly select items to send to another when looting.

Although there are others worth mentioning, the biggest one I will add because other's haven't: no, you haven't successfully managed to get NPCs to play nice and NOT shoot through doors, walls, floors and buildings. I gave up playing Felogyr’s Fireworks yesterday, after multiple reloads and attempt on tactician, because it's a complete sloggy, buggy mess.

As seen in various attempts: Flaming Fists aggroed to events happening on the 3rd floor. They proceeded to hit the party with fireballs, sleet storm, ice storm, disintegrate and counterspell, multiple times, from the first floor and *outside* the building. NPCs inside the building did the same thing regardless of what floor they were on in relation to the fight. NPC combatants constantly dashed into walls or applied dash then passed their turn. A Steel Watch bot stood outside the building shouting we were under arrest, while facing the wall as a combatant, without once doing anything but passing, and so it goes.

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
New bugs i noticed today:

- some of Jaheira's dialogue options are missing, parts of the dialogue are not voiced either
- Gandrel (from Astarion's plot) acts like a flaming fist and wanted to arrest me O_O
- Alfira's last dialogue on the Elfsong rooftop also ends all of a sudden and i couldn't conclude the story

Gale is actually one of my favorites. I did try the other male options, too by now. But i was looking foward to a Gale focussed play through this time. What do i get? Larian managed to spoil that for me thoroughly.

I reported several bugs these days and not a single one got a reply. I didn't see a hotfix or any official statements anywhere either.

The game still feels like an ongoing Beta test. Hello? We paid the full price hoping for a working game after the release. They really need to pull themselves together and stop being sloppy.

Z
addict
addict
Z
Well i actually agree with the ppl above.
On gforce now Ultimate tier with 4080 the game is constantly freezing after patch 4 if I change anything in graphical settings .
And after the patch release Noone could play the game for 4 days in a row. This is not acceptable after months of release coop split screen is still bugged just differently. The game was not perfect with patch 2 but it was playable.
Not its just feels like beta.

The joke is that at leat on the SteamDeck it's working.
But with a 4080 the game constantly crashes.

On Boosteroid with rtx6000-1 its stuttering like hell even in act 1 after update.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 06/11/23 07:10 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Salo
  • Fixed certain dialogue options sometimes being replaced by a single 'Continue' option.

Unfortunately this bug is still in the game on a freshly started Patch 4 playthrough. Happened during the initial dialogue with little Doni at the Grove, just as the player is supposed to investigate where he disappeared to;

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hate this bug more than any other in the game laezelmad

T
addict
addict
T
Yup.. Same Here.. Never actually care or bother with then..but now they gave me a real Reason to Hate Both a lot.
(i actually felt Sad for the people that like then..)
But be carefull bro.. The admins here dosent like when we speak those things.. so yeah..
Yu are Not Wrong.. and they dosent Care for us so..
i Just Hang my Boots and gave up on this game..
(im only Here to try help the people that are finding bugs, just Trying my best to help then.. becouse larian its not bothering as i noticed.)
but many of then even that i had played a lot of this game i never saw..
just last night saw a dude with Volos Cage in the Middle of his Camping.. so yeah..
i dont see anymore where this Game is Going..
but i beleave its not a Good Place for the Lovers of the other companions..

Last edited by Thorvic; 06/11/23 11:11 PM.
E
stranger
stranger
E
I had to stop playing my ps5 run after patch 4, it had been excellent until then. Would it be possible to relaunch patch 3? I will have to erase the game, it's literally unplayable. Thank you.

journeyman
journeyman
Post patch 4, Halsin randomly stops following the party. I have no mods, no script extender, nothing but the game in it's pure vanilla goodness installed this playthrough, so mods are not the issue. Currently in the Gauntlet of Shar, after each combat encounter or trial completion, when the party moves on, Halsin stays put. Saving the game and reloading the save will fix it temporarily, but then it bugs out again after another encounter. I have since dropped him from the party because it's a bit tedious to save and reload after each encounter. Here's hoping it gets hotfixed soon because I really wanted him in the party this playthrough.

Last edited by SheWildWolf; 07/11/23 03:21 AM.
E
stranger
stranger
E
Just registered to say Astarion kiss animation/dialogue is completely broken. I had to roll back to the last patch and will stay in that older version until things got fixed... IF they got fixed at all.

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
How do you roll back to the last patch?

E
stranger
stranger
E
You can do it with Steam.
Just joined the forum so not sure if I can post link but google "GUIDE: How to roll back BG3 on Steam to pre-Patch #4" on Reddit and follow the steps.
I went back and forth for a few times since patch 4 and all my saves are fine.
Just notes that any saved file with newer version won't work once you roll back.

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
At this point i don't care if my save games will break. I want the animations and dialogues to work again.

I don't have a Reddit account. So would you mind sending me the Link via PM?

E
stranger
stranger
E
Originally Posted by Rebel Moon
At this point i don't care if my save games will break. I want the animations and dialogues to work again.

Just PMed you.
Hope the bugs were fixed soon. I really want to use the soap, love small feature like that lol

stranger
stranger
Well, kiss animations is least of my problems with patch 4 smirk

After update Act 3 is almost unplayable. When party enters new area (for example wyrm's rock), whole environment becomes unresponsive. All npcs and party members are stuck in place, they won't follow. Cutscenes won't trigger. After 2-3 minutes bug goes away. (No mods).

I made support ticket, I really hope there will be a hotfix soon.

Z
addict
addict
Z
Originally Posted by Mandragorasprout
Well, kiss animations is least of my problems with patch 4 smirk

After update Act 3 is almost unplayable. When party enters new area (for example wyrm's rock), whole environment becomes unresponsive. All npcs and party members are stuck in place, they won't follow. Cutscenes won't trigger. After 2-3 minutes bug goes away. (No mods).

I made support ticket, I really hope there will be a hotfix soon.

Exactly finally someone else says this as well.
I am making a feedback solo video series for how easy is tactican. And you can see the difference the amount of bugs that I get from patch 2 was almost zero. After patch 3 it started to get more and more. But now I am making the last 3 bosses encounters in patch 4. And the quality of the game is dramatically bad.
I need to wait 5-6 minutes that the city loads in. With a rtx4080.
Its on YouTube historically recorded the downgrade of quality.

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
Originally Posted by eabevella

Just PMed you.
Hope the bugs were fixed soon. I really want to use the soap, love small feature like that lol

I just pmed yopu back. wink

Which soap do you mean?^^

stranger
stranger
This is example frown

Now I'm stuck in Cazador's chambers

E
stranger
stranger
E
Originally Posted by eabevella

Just PMed you.

I just pmed yopu back. wink

Which soap do you mean?^^

The soap we can find in people's house/bath can now be used to clean blood/dirt on character's face.
Better than smashing a jar of water on my Tav and be Wet for 3 rounds lol
There's a small bug that you have to stack and unstack at least 2 soap bars before the "use" option is available so it's easily missed.

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
Ahh ok, never tried that. But yeah, i already got Mods with a "squad clean" spell, getting staying clean. No one needs dust and blood on their characters till next rest all the time. laugh

But soap is a nice gimmick to use. smile

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard