Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
stranger
stranger
A modder has uploaded a fix for the Shield Bash bug on Nexus a few days ago. Considering it's been months since Larian broke Shield Bash and a month since they acknowledged the issue, this is probably the best recourse we'll get for this issue.
https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/5595

K
stranger
stranger
K
So, three patches and 7 hotfixes have been released since this was broken, and this issue has not been fixed.

This leads me to wonder, with genuine general curiosity: when a studio moves from development to support for a game, do they bring in contractors to troubleshoot things while the main workforce begins developing a new game? I ask, because my support encounters indicate no familiarity with the game. This might explain why such a fundamental mechanical issue has not been fixed, while many non gameplay issues have been addressed.

old hand
old hand
I know, I feel like they moved way too many people to the new game too quickly….. and they keep breaking things that used to work perfectly fine when the game was released!

Last edited by Ecc2ca; 15/01/24 11:04 PM.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by KiwiLifter
This might explain why such a fundamental mechanical issue has not been fixed, while many non gameplay issues have been addressed.

This doesn't explain how a modder was able to fix this issue by just ensuring that Shield Bash actually links to the riposte effect and target. This is the full extent of the mod:
new entry "Target_ShieldBlow_Riposte"
type "SpellData"
data "SpellType" "Target"
using "Target_ShieldBlow_Riposte"
data "AlternativeCastTextEvents" ""

That's what Patch 4 broke, and has been broken for months.

I was wondering why shield bash never succeed. Oh well.

Bard of Suzail
Bard of Suzail
It really saddens me that a game mechanic Larian built into the game, worked as intended. They then themselves break the feature and ignore the fact they broke it. I get not adding features people ask for that where never there but they (Larian) broke this feature, the fact they have not yet fixed it is just BAD customer support.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Hello, this is an issue the team is aware of and they are currently working on it.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Salo
Hello, this is an issue the team is aware of and they are currently working on it.

You know, you already mentioned that several months ago. I appreciate that it's not your job to fix such issues, but your response does nothing to address the issues brought up in this thread:

1. A functional feature, essential to combat mechanics, was working. A "patch" that you guys made broke it. Three months and multiple patches and hotfixes have followed, and this issue has not been addressed despite many reports and multiple forum threads.

2. The fix is documented above, and does not seem complicated. Why can't the "team" do what a single modder can do? Could you at least pass on the lines of script from the post above?

3. What I would really like is an answer to this question: does the team working on "fixing" these issues have any background with the game?

With most games I've played, subsequent patches improve the stability of the game, but since patch Two, each patch breaks as many features as it fixes. Could we get some sort of clarity about who is working on this game, and whether we can ever expect a stable, smooth version? Without getting catty, it feels like the game has sailed right off Larian's radar only a few months after launch. If the studio was putting its full resources into fixing and finishing this game, I have no doubt that it would be in great shape.

The most stable version of this game that I've had was the one that I downloaded from GOG on the FIRST day of release.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard