Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
Hello everyone,

We’ve got a hotfix for you today, addressing some visual issues and bugs.

This hotfix corrects an issue where Astarion’s voice wasn’t quite following what he was supposed to say during dialogues.

Speaking of following, we’ve also asked Shadowheart to stop getting distracted by the wonderful vistas of the Sword Coast. She should now follow along with the rest of the team.

We continue to look into your reports and are working on further fixes.

Thank you for taking the time to submit these issues to us. If you have any bugs to report, please reach out to our support team. Thank you for playing Baldur’s Gate 3!

FIXES
  • Fixed Shadowheart not following the party.
  • Fixed the sliders for eye makeup and tattoo intensity not working on controller.
  • Fixed a potential crash relating to Vulkan. This solves the DEVICE_LOST error upon minimising the game window.
  • Fixed an issue causing a desync between Astarion's voiced lines and subtitles.
  • Player characters will no longer be on literal fire in the scene with
    Vlaakith
    in the crèche.
  • Fixed male dwarf barbarians' shoes, which were missing their texture and looked like big blueberries.
  • The waypoints menu now opens correctly when triggered from the Character Sheet on controller.
  • Fixed items always being picked up as wares after you picked up at least one as a ware.
  • Fixed enemies in Ramazith's Tower getting stuck during combat if they are trying to fly from a lower floor to reach players on an upper floor.

Last edited by Salo; 09/11/23 04:13 PM.
Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
We still need to do some testing of Hotfix #10 on Mac, and it will arrive to the platform soon. We will let you know here once it's live.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Some of the things still happening from patch 4:

- continue skips in dialogues
- doors are acting as walls
- conversation started and then nothing
- game crashing in act 3 both vulkan and dx11
- random striping
- white squares when having dialogue with karlach
- certain god Olympic facility is broken completetely, especially elevators
- thrown weapons dissappear
- minor illusion uncontrollable
- wildshape becoming unresponsive
- enemies taking few minutes per turn when having pathing issues with cloud of daggers/wall of fire/etc
- missing dialogues (rolan)
- missing cutscenes (school shadowheart one)
- progress blockers in act 2/act 3
- performance just worse all across the board, especially act 3. Was having 100fps pre patch, now it's 70 with fsr2.2, almost unplayable without fsr.

Amd 6800xt+ryzen9 16 cores+32gb ram+win11.
Fsr2.2 just makes things bug out more

Maybe at least give us the ability to revert to patch 2

Z
addict
addict
Z
What about that the game stuttering and not loading textures in act 3. The worst situation is exactly with the fight before Elder brain and around Elder brain.

Also what about split screen.
Come on pls communicate with us even a huge youtube channel covered this issues with patch 4.
I am currently uploading my feedback videos the last 4-5 videos are after patch 4 the quality of the game is in super bad shape. At least give us an option to revert to patch 2.
I had around 120 + fps on ultimate tier Gforce now with rtx 4080. Now it's around 20-80 around Elder brain.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 09/11/23 04:21 PM.
B
old hand
old hand
B
Thanks for the "heads up!".

Z
addict
addict
Z
I just download the game started a new character.
And even on character creation screen the game have problems to load in the character. Only hand legs and head is loading in after 2-3 second later is coming the body.
Common pls respond to us that we can get a rollback to at least patch 3 or something.

How Is this even possible after 4000 patch note lines.
I have a huge problem with Geforce now Ultimate tier what is considered as the almost best pc what is possible nowadays.
But it looks like ps5 is even worse than that.
Why only Mac version got tested??? Why PC and Ps5 are not tested.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 09/11/23 05:52 PM.
stranger
stranger
Hi Larian team.

Thank you for all your hard work! Downloaded the hotfix and the first thing I check was my Astarion kiss. I just can't help it, apologies laugh
OHHH. Thank you for the new animation! But...unfortunately the lips were not connected. It seems like Astarion is kissing taller player class? I played female human (body type#1)
Not sure if it's only happening to me though. Bug report has been sent along with save file and screenshot smile

Also, quite curious about the 3 new voice line we noticed after patch 4 where all of them were silent at that time.
Now it no longer triggered. Regardless how many times I asked for a kiss. lol

old hand
old hand
Thank you, it’s very encouraging and exciting that Larian is still working so hard on the game! Really hoping to see some possible new hug and kiss animations soon. smile That’s like the number one thing I’d like to see right now. Thanks again for the hard work and the incredible game that’s still getting better!

B
stranger
stranger
B
Kissing animations still dont work for me on all save files, mods or not. Halsin's kiss option still says not found. Rather have the doors not working properly than not being able to interact with the characters. Was planning on taking a break from the game anyway, looks like a good time.

old hand
old hand
Yeah, for the record, the Shadowheart kiss has gone kind of wonky as well. The camera used to linger on Shadowheart after the kiss, which I liked because she made cute faces. But now after the kiss, the camera cuts in an uncomfortably rapid way between Shadowheart and the player character and ends up resting on the player character. So it works but something has gone a little bit awry.

Edit: I play on PC and I don’t have mods.

Last edited by Ecc2ca; 09/11/23 08:05 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Astarion's kissing animation, although no longer a grandma peck, is very misaligned. It looks like he is passionately kissing the air in front of my Durge's forhead while she passionately kisses the air in front of his chin. No mods, body type 1.

Last edited by SheWildWolf; 09/11/23 08:11 PM.
C
stranger
stranger
C
Just wanted to ask if this Hotfix will sync Mac & Windows versions to enable cross play again? Hope so! Thank you for your hard work and consistent high quality service. We are hopelessly addicted to your game and can't wait to play together again :P. Would love to know if this will fix cross play. Thank you.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Thanks for the update! Still have my fingers crossed for a quick fix/improvement to inventory multi select for controller interface.

T
addict
addict
T
Thanks for the Update..
But funny Thing..
this dosent Fix actually Nothing..haha
but ok F. that.
See Ya Larian..
Work Harder next Time Maybe will work better.
(i will Go Back to CK3 or Bloodborne..)

The Shitshow is over for me..haha
Shame 1 of the Best games i ever Played Made into some Bad Joke and frustrating Pain non stop.
(and a Advice for all of yu that are Beleavers.. dosent waste your time with Reports.. its useless.)

Last edited by Thorvic; 09/11/23 09:35 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Unfortunately, my game now crashes on save.
Think I'll have to try starting a new game?
This is my PC one though so maybe I'll need to play PS5 until the modders have updated their stuff?

T
addict
addict
T
Trust me Bro.. on PS5 its Worse..
From the Amount of Bug Reports and Posts i have Been Seen.. Keep on PC
its Less Buggy.
(but its still a Mess.haha)

i Hope i just Help yu a Little Bit.

Last edited by Thorvic; 09/11/23 10:08 PM.
B
old hand
old hand
B
I will put off downloading this and wait for Hotfix 11 and/or Patch 5 ...

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
This Hotfix didn't fix half of the things that are important. For those who complain (rightfully) about Astarion looking weird. Other romnance options s are worse:

Gale

- still has no kiss animation at all. The dialogue just ends as if you clicked "leave"
- some of his dialogues before and after meetinmg Mystra are linked wrong
- whole banters with him and NPcs (Lorroakan for example) disappeared completly

Wyll

- the end part of his Questline where you have to find the dragon Ansur, is simply not doable, because you don't get the book "Legend of Ansur"
- the new dialogues with Florrick accusing you having killed huis father, makes no sense, because Mizora is in your camp, so how can she tell Florrick that
- Mizora talks like Wyll's father is dead even though he's in my camp, alive and kicking. i can't even open the secret door at Wyrm's Rock to Ansur's layer

Karlach

- since her ending is closely tied to Wyll's depending which way you choose, she may die or have no ending at all. i'm already prepared that i acn't choose anything but letting her become a Mindflayer so she can survive these vexing bugs at all

I feel like Larian is kidding us with that ridiculous mini Hotfix. I want them to fix those bugs, yesterday!

J
stranger
stranger
J
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Larian after every patch

Z
addict
addict
Z
That is so funny I actually was thinking carbot will come up with something like this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard