Print Thread
#923000 16/11/23 11:23 AM
Z
addict
OP Offline
addict
Z
Hello everyone.

Can someone link here a guide or give some instructions how to modd BG3 on steam deck???
At this time and point I don't even care if I have 20 fps. With low settings.
I am not really a big fan of modding just because I don't like the way how it works. What I mean how patches interacts with mods.

I just want some changes to the difficulty.
If there is no way to do this I will just drop the game so pls help me. If it is not working just leave a comment here at least I will know. If it's working some harderst of hardest difficulty mods suggestions whould be welcome as well.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 16/11/23 11:25 AM.
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
When Larian releases their official modding tools it will be easy. You can just subscribe to mods on steam workshop.

Last edited by Shapeshifter777; 10/12/23 05:47 PM.

GMAddon1: Adds almost every single monster and NPC from the main campaign into GM mode, plus a few large custom maps to use in GM mode.
Z
addict
OP Offline
addict
Z
Well i really hope so. BTW I am sorry but when I wrote the title the site had some difficulties. And I could not change it any more.

L
stranger
stranger
L

Z
addict
OP Offline
addict
Z
When i last try to be friends with Google it didn't found for me anything.

BTW this guide looks like Chinese/ Russian language to me what I cannot read sadly.
I mean seriously this looks difficult. I taught it will be easy. Elden Ring I modded on deck via guide in like 3 steps.

P
stranger
stranger
P

veteran
veteran
God, I hope they will finally add Steam Workshop support at some point, because interacting with Nexus is such a pain in the ass I can't really be bothered with it.

Especially when it comes to keeping things up-to-date. Some mods have almost daily updates, too.

I thought this would turn out to be a sizable part of my interaction with the game at release, but in the end I hardly even tried a couple of things and then I had enough.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
E
stranger
stranger
E
I have tried following several of the guides available out there with no success. Tried using BG3 mod manager as well as Vortex. I do so wish Larian would get on the ball of give us mod management.

In the mean time I have had to revert to manually editing the modsetting.lsx file. This works for most mods.
There are a few exceptions, such as mods that replace or add to the game files like the script extender.

I would even be happy with a program that would take a list of *.pak files and create a modsettings.lsx file from it.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I gave up trying to do anything in Linux, haha. Ended up settling for a dual boot system. There are a few tutorials floating around Google:

https://www.dexerto.com/tech/install-windows-steam-deck-1970155/

This'll hopefully only be a short term problem. Once they add workshop support the issue will solve itself.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by envyangel
I would even be happy with a program that would take a list of *.pak files and create a modsettings.lsx file from it.

That's literally what BG3 Mod Manager (and presumably Vortex) does. It would be nice if BG3 MM (and Vortex) had a native Linux version, but setting it up with Lutris or Bottles isn't that complicated. Bottles is probably easiest for getting the .NET dependencies, but Lutris isn't that difficult either. I used Lutris.

The key thing to getting this working though is once you've got the mod manager installed, you need to symlink your BG3 install folder into the mod manager's prefix, and symlink your BG3's compatdata prefix's "app data" folders to the appropriate place in the mod managers prefix's folders. It sounds more complicated than it actually is. You can do it with a command line, but in Desktop mode you can also use Dolphin:

I browse to where BG3 is installed in ~/.steam/.steam/steamapps/common/ (if your install is on the SD card, the path will be slightly different), and set Dolphin to split view, then on the right-hand side I browse to the BG3 mod manager's prefix, for mine that's ~/Applications/Lutris/prefixes/Baldur's Gate 3 Mod Manager/drive_c/ and from the left-hand "common" side I drag "Baldur's Gate 3" over and drop it in the right-hand "drive_c" side and choose "Link Here" from the context menu that pops up.

Then on the left-hand "common" side I back up to steamapps, then go into compatdata and find the Steam ID for BG3 (1086940) and go into it, [Steam library location]/steamapps/compatdata/1086940/pfx/drive_c/Users/steamuser (or it might be Deck)/AppData/Local/ on the right-hand "drive_c" side now dig into [mod manager prefix location]/drive_c/Users/steamuser (or again, might be Deck)/AppData/Local/ and again drag from the left-hand side anything with Larian Studios or Baldur's Gate 3 in the name, over to the right-hand side and choose "Link Here"

If you use the Script Extender, it also creates a "BG3ScriptExtender" folder in the left-hand side AppData/Local/ folder that you'll need to also drag that over to the right-hand side and "Link Here". If you don't see that folder it's because you haven't run the game with the Script Extender installed yet.

Why all the linking back and forth? Because Wine and Proton install Windows apps in their own separate sandboxed environments. Each app sees it's own C drive, and not any other app's C drive. So in this case it would be as if Baldur's Gate 3 is installed on your desktop, while BG3 Mod Manager is installed on your laptop, they're both installed but they don't see or talk to each other in any way. Two separate systems. By symlinking the folders we're letting the BG3 Mod Manager see the game install and its appdata folders as if they were installed in it's own unique sandbox.

Link Copied to Clipboard