Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
apprentice
apprentice
Game is currently unplayable in Act 3. Larian, Darlings, please fix this. I know you're super excited about being up for Game of the Year, but, again, please fix this.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by V_Ben
[*] Wyll and Minthara should now properly kiss a second time without the need to retrigger the dialogue.

wait...what exactly are we talking about here

T
addict
addict
T
Best Option at the Moment its to Drop off from the Game..
Better to Play another Stuff, give a really Brake from the Game like im Doing..
and Maybe yu will not end up like me.
i Went from Loving the Game to Hating hin more at evry Patch they Release..haha
and Now i really dont see a Lot of Meaning in Turning Back or even Buy anything Larian Made again.

(the Best option for then at the Moment its to Forget about increase the Game in content, Fix whats unplayable and Drop the Old Patchs to Roll Back to the Version yu want..)

Last edited by Thorvic; 25/11/23 08:22 AM.
veteran
veteran
This hotfix totally borked my Act III Durge campaign, which is taking a massive hit on performance now. Like down to a complete crawl at Wyrm's Rock to face Gortash. I wasn't sure what peeps meant when they'd say Act III had become unplayable, but yeah this is horrid. Fiddling with the video settings doesn't seem to do anything for this in Dx11. In Vulkan changing the video settings causes an immediate CTD.

Playing on a Raider GE68HX13V laptop, RTX 4060 configuration. I legit ponied up for this one at launch specifically to play BG3 cause the price was right at the time (though of course swooping anything at the end of summer will always be depressing when blackest friday deals invariably roll around a few months later lol) still, BG3 was super smooth and buttery this whole time, up till like a week ago.

I was in that awkward position of deciding whether I wanted a better i9 CPU and a 40 series GPU at a super steep discount, or a slightly older but more stacked variant with the RTX 30 series. I opted for the 40 series frame gen with zero regrets, cause it kept things nice and cool and had me playing at 1600p with no major issues using DLSS, which felt like a total triumph.

Still kinda baffled here, since it was working so perfectly before.

ps. attempting this for the workaround, although I'm trying to decide if I really want to roll the dice this weekend. Anytime I try to go under the hood seems like a hotfix shows up the next day, so I just have terrible timing probably lol. Anyway, might help if you're in the same boat, found via suggestion in the discord...

https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/17shjen/fix_for_act_3_delay_bug_pc_only/

Last edited by Black_Elk; 25/11/23 10:26 PM.
Z
addict
addict
Z
Honestly even if I whould have a PC i whould not do this.
Do you really trust strangers? Official is always better.
safety matters

veteran
veteran
On PS5 wouldn't do you any good there I don't think. I'm not sure if anyone who hasn't already experimented with mods and such would be very inclined to try fixing stuff via the command console or poking around in files and txt edit to get rid of duplicates causing the lag, but then if it's a long weekend and holidays, who knows lol. I struggle with it myself. Having steam support for mods and to help curate would be nice because then more users would probably play around with it. I'm still working through the vanilla game though. The only hiccups I had before this were some minor audio stutter, some jank with portraits (though that seems to have been fixed) and the occasional acid trip visual which I just put down to DLSS upscaling, but this is got me grinding to a halt. I had completed another save Patch 4 hotfix 10, so feels like it must be something with 11?

ps. I was able to strong-arm it by coming at the crossing from the other side, then trying to run the battle getting superscummy. Ran well enough with DLSS upscale from 1200p to 1600p, like I couldn't really tell the difference. I don't know what all it's trying to call up that reduplicated, but I just camped the areas with tons of guards and merchants, using the horder Drow Durge. I think cause we didn't hit Gortash immediately maybe, or Minthara had other ideas cause she's still been pretty quiet, but returning to Wyrms Rock had me crawling hard. Luckily Lae'zel was there to pick up the slack on this one hehe. Took like an hour to get it sorted. I think I remember someone else mentioning similar haywire/highwire antics of this sort a little while back when they took a similar approach to the coronation ceremony. Shadowheart did most of the heavy lifting to rescue my save with Dimension Door out the back though. She's hella chosen now! lol. Somehow when I transitioned from the rock to the dock, she drifted off by herself to Volo's usual spot, but between all the barrels. I was able to fast travel her out after a couple attempts back to camp. Not sure where it'll go from here, but I'll take it I guess. Fingers crossed

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Last edited by Black_Elk; 26/11/23 07:47 AM.
stranger
stranger
it's a long weekend here in the USA, but not in the EU. I am sure that one day after the patch dropped PS5 owners were complaining about it. This sounds a lot like the PS3 save glitch on Skyrim back in the day. Bugthesda finally got around to fixing it but it wasn't a good look on them and is not a good look for Larian Studios right now. I would hope that their senior management would make fixing this a top priority or at least improve the communication and information flow to the players. We would understand IF THEY GAVE US A REASONABLE EXPLANATION, IN A REASONABLE TIME FRAME.

M
stranger
stranger
M
My bet that we should expect a patch by the end of the second week of december

S
S
Patch is scheduled for this week and supposedly will be fixing the Act 3 issue.

T
stranger
stranger
T
[spoilers] I have exactly the same problem on PC. Although the game has always had one or another problem, this is the first time that it has happened to me that I cannot continue the campaign. However, games started from previous versions apparently have no problems.
In addition to not being able to continue Act 3, I also cannot save Mayrina from Aunt Ethel because the fighting does not start.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by sublimeclown
Patch is scheduled for this week and supposedly will be fixing the Act 3 issue.

How long for the subsequent hotfixes after that to fix what they will undoubtedly screw up?

S
S
Originally Posted by Tom Imp
How long for the subsequent hotfixes after that to fix what they will undoubtedly screw up?

Hopefully within days lol.

T
addict
addict
T
I Bet they will Drop Tomorrow or Day 1.
they always do this..

E
stranger
stranger
E
Since this patch, The new button to access Companions inventory in camp. I have an issue that when i click on the button Only Wyll's inventory will show. I have two comapanions in camp that are not in party, Astarion and Wyll, but only Wyll's inventory will show I can not get anyone elses to show.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard