Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 124 of 157 1 2 122 123 124 125 126 156 157
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Thank you! Why else keep dropping enriched infernal iron if not for the soul purpose of fixing karlach. if that wasnt the intended purpose why would they keep dropping it well into act 3 when you get the final upgrade available for the engine in act 2? it just doesnt make any sense to do that from a gameplay or story perspective unless you intended on trauma baiting players into thinking saving her is possible only to drop her death on you like a ton of bricks.

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Yup! Its why after 4 major patches of alot of fixes bugs and added content of playerfeed back im pretty confident she will get her fix eventually*. Cause if she wasnt intended to be fixed. Or at the very least they werent working on her eventual fix. Why would they have left the enriched iron in the game after 4 massive patches.
Now if patch 5 or 6 removes them well then ill have concerns.
But the fact its still in the game. Gives me solid hope for future content

I just opened the game's launcher and saw the aforementioned physical Deluxe Edition in the flesh

[Linked Image from files.catbox.moe]

Congrats to our girl for finally being put on at least one official cover :DD And to Durge, too.

EDIT: the attached image is being weird - it's the game disk, they put them on the disk x)

Last edited by tarraxahum; 23/11/23 09:18 PM.

[Linked Image from tarraxahum.neocities.org]
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by tarraxahum
Dare I include the actual statistic in case you think I'm just being irrational here. The time statistic is based on the sheer amount of all voicelines put together, not on the time their actual quests take, so the scene amount is a more of an indicator there.

Thank you for that, that was very interesting. I honestly didn't realize that Wyll had so much less content than anyone else. It really doesn't feel like it.

Originally Posted by Norrec69
Why would they have left the enriched iron in the game after 4 massive patches.

The enriched iron might just be kept in either way, whether they give us what we desire or not - simply because there are a few items in the game that have no purpose besites bartering. I agree that it hints strongly at a fix, because unlike the normal infernal iron you can't even craft anything with it, and there is no reason to give us the enriched version instead otherwise. So I think they simply had to cut the fix at the last minute.
I just don't want to believe in Larian actively trying to bait people into false hope with that.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Also if they intended to leave her as it is I feel like they'd have said this is the end of her story we won't be adding anything else. Especially given the large call from the fan base to get her a better ending. If they were going to leave her endings as they were it would only make sense to make it clear.

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Why would they have left the enriched iron in the game after 4 massive patches.

The enriched iron might just be kept in either way, whether they give us what we desire or not - simply because there are a few items in the game that have no purpose besites bartering. I agree that it hints strongly at a fix, because unlike the normal infernal iron you can't even craft anything with it, and there is no reason to give us the enriched version instead otherwise. So I think they simply had to cut the fix at the last minute.
I just don't want to believe in Larian actively trying to bait people into false hope with that.[/quote]

Nor should you, they really just dont seem to be that kind of company.
Even the ppl saying she wont get a fix because *theyve moved on* or theres no profit in it for them*

Like look at these patches. Content is being added in almost each one. Not just fixes but new dialogues, mocaps etc etc. Like they are still actively improving the game and listening to playerfeedback. And karlachs fix is up there in the requests. smile

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
the fact we are still seeing major patches, hot fixes, and the new physical deluxe edition shows that theyre still very much working on the game. The infernal iron points to it being in the plans in my opinion but like you said it was likely cut for time cause why else have enriched infernal iron if its no different than the normal stuff. im hoping theyll announce something around christmas, maybe a DE edition and tease new endings with that maybe.

#JusticeForKarlach

C
Banned
Banned
C
Originally Posted by mattmcrich
Thank you! Why else keep dropping enriched infernal iron if not for the soul purpose of fixing karlach. if that wasnt the intended purpose why would they keep dropping it well into act 3 when you get the final upgrade available for the engine in act 2? it just doesnt make any sense to do that from a gameplay or story perspective unless you intended on trauma baiting players into thinking saving her is possible only to drop her death on you like a ton of bricks.
Enriched iron could have had milion uses that were scrapped, plus it could just be something to sell like many other items, this doesn't mean anything. Same thing as belts, there is a slot for them but not a single item to put there
Also if they intended to leave her as it is I feel like they'd have said this is the end of her story we won't be adding anything else. Especially given the large call from the fan base to get her a better ending. If they were going to leave her endings as they were it would only make sense to make it clear.
Larian never says anything about what they do, why would they do it now? The game is still bugged so they didn't announce that the support is over, but there is no way they'd go into specifics

Last edited by Conrad Curze; 24/11/23 05:57 AM.
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
You'd have to completely ignore the one story reason for infernal iron being in the game in order to look at enriched infernal iron and say yea that's just a paper weight. It doesnt make any sense to add in something so specific if infernal iron would work just fine in its place unless it was intended to have a different effect. The only effect it could have is as a fix for karlachs engine or as you suggest it's a pointless paper weight. As far as larian not speaking on it that's just wishful thinking tbh. If you want to poke holes in everything that's fine but at the end of the day I don't really care. Karlach needs a better ending than the ones she has now given how needlessly depressing they are.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
You'd have to completely ignore the one story reason for infernal iron being in the game in order to look at enriched infernal iron and say yea that's just a paper weight. It doesnt make any sense to add in something so specific if infernal iron would work just fine in its place unless it was intended to have a different effect. The only effect it could have is as a fix for karlachs engine or as you suggest it's a pointless paper weight. As far as larian not speaking on it that's just wishful thinking tbh. If you want to poke holes in everything that's fine but at the end of the day I don't really care. Karlach needs a better ending than the ones she has now given how needlessly depressing they are.

C
Banned
Banned
C
That's not wishful thinking that's fact. Larian never teases or announces anything, unless it's ready to be shipped so there is no way and no reason they'd do exception for Karlach. And since they're still patching the game, there is no reason for them to say they are finished with anything. As for enriched iron, there is like million possibilities it could be used in some quests in the Upper City, no reason to assume it was tied to Karlach's cure that might never been planned in the first place (and likely wasn't, at least not until very very late development)

Guys, I think it's high time we agree to disagree. Some of us will go on believing that the cure was planned but got scrapped for timing/development/maybe even narrative reasons, some of us will go on believing that it was never planned.

I mean, it's clear that we give significance to wildly different things and different Chekhov's guns. Fiction does that to you sometimes.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
There is one story purpose for infernal iron the only other thing it can be used for is when dammon crafts some into some nice armor for you. Since enriched infernal iron cant be crafted into anything the only other reason for its existence would lead you to believe that it's for karlach. The only other reason for infernal iron even being in the game is to cool down the engine. If you're going to over look the literal one reason for infernal iron to be in the game then im not gonna bother responding since you aren't trying to look at this from any other perspective than your own.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Yeah to say there is "no reason" to assume seems a bit disingenous. It is worth saying though that Dammon can actually craft some armor pieces for you from the Enriched Infernal Iron.

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Theres agree to disagree and then theres this phenomenon of arguing a point of *no your wrong-*
We then give in game reasons-company track record reasons
Basic story telling reasons as to why maybe we are right or atleast hopeful...to then be responded with* NOPE. Your just wrong, let me just repeat what ive been saying while ignoring the points brought up.

Like im sorry but if your only response to enriched infernal iron is *THERE COUKDVE A MILLION POSSIBLE USES FOR IT*
Your just arguing for the sake of arguing at this point. Smh

Not YOU you tarrax but you get whst im saying.

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Like i mean correct me if im wrong here some one, but I joined this thread because It was a place I found after experiencing karlaxhs endings and being horribly disapointed with an otherwise flawless gaming experience, so much so that atleast for me I had to let the company know about it.
And I find a thread thats literally dedicated to getting larians attention about karlachs ending and getting it fixed. Letting them know theres a not so small minority of the fanbase that while we love the game they made, we are pleading and hopeful they will listen to our feed back and give karlach a fix.

So thats what I thought the goal was bout this thread we can share ideas about what could change or be hopeful bout what larian might do or give. And we even get karlach/sam updates shared here.

What i figured this thread WASNT for. Was just arguing that larian wont change it. That karlachs a doomed* character...in a story of 17k endings and player choice being the crux of the whole thing >_>. Like its just mind boggling to me.

C
Banned
Banned
C
Theres agree to disagree and then theres this phenomenon of arguing a point of *no your wrong-*
We then give in game reasons-company track record reasons
Basic story telling reasons as to why maybe we are right or atleast hopeful...to then be responded with* NOPE. Your just wrong, let me just repeat what ive been saying while ignoring the points brought up.

Like im sorry but if your only response to enriched infernal iron is *THERE COUKDVE A MILLION POSSIBLE USES FOR IT*
Your just arguing for the sake of arguing at this point. Smh

Not YOU you tarrax but you get whst im saying.
Just because the item has additional usage for someone's quest, doesn't mean its different version was also intended as a quest item. It could be crafting material or whatever, could it be used for Karlach's quest? Maybe, but Dammon is here, iron is here and the usage is not. I don't know how long and complicated the quest would have to be to not be moved to a zone where everything required already is. Also, I never said you're wrong for being hopeful, just that the intention of the quest was to give the player hope until it's revealed that there is no fix which is why there is mindflayer option and possibility to go to Avernus. Will it be changed? Maybe, maybe not, that's not important right now. And now a bit offtopic, but genuine question. Was there a character in any recent or semi-recent game, movie, book or any other series that had some kind of terminal condition that would kill them and managed to get it fixed? Because I can't recall any author that would make something like that happen in their story

Well I mean. If my memory serves me right, one person in this current discussion has already been put in a timeout once for doing this exact thing, albeit more aggressively the last time. Seeing as they are back with the same shtick, well. Agree to disagree is our only option of getting this thread back to the status quo instead of arguing endlessly again, I think.

On that note and to brighten the mood up a bit, might I continue my tradition of bringing y'all Karlach songs:

Originally Posted by Conrad Curze
And now a bit offtopic, but genuine question. Was there a character in any recent or semi-recent game, movie, book or any other series that had some kind of terminal condition that would kill them and managed to get it fixed? Because I can't recall any author that would make something like that happen in their story

I'll have to think on that just because every time someone asks me to remember something I forget all stories that exist, BUT. Funnily enough, I think you (and half of this thread) mentioned Cyberpunk 2077 at some point? Well, their new DLC allows V to survive. Fully, no 6 months deadline.

It comes at a steep price in more ways than one, sure, but it's now a choice that can happen nevertheless. (And a choice is all we're really asking for here, so I think it's a good enough example tbh)

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
My god. Is this like 3 or 4 songs for her now? Thats ao awesome

Page 124 of 157 1 2 122 123 124 125 126 156 157

Link Copied to Clipboard