Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
Even Minsc may be more tolerable. Larian truly put effort there ensuring she is the most hated. Even my wife cannot stand her; instant dislike just as I expected. Genocidal, prideful, egotistical, fanatical creature seeking beef with everyone. That level of arrogance is mind blowing. I kill her or ignore her every time. Githyanki in general are probably the most evil race, apart from Ilithids. These ugly, half-ghoul-looking Alien creatures deserve to be hammered on the spot. In contest of ugliness , Only Half orcs and Halfling manlets win.

Gith are locusts , pests, they are the true plague and real danger. Emperor is right.

Lae'zel and Minsc are two characters I always avoid. Zero tolerance.

Last edited by BaldursGateway90; 25/11/23 08:57 AM.
Z
addict
addict
Z
I think Halsin is the most unliked.
Also he won the poll as well if I remember rigth.
All of my friends sayed and my family saying this as well. He is starting well but at some point when he is saying I am yours. At least every one that I spoke telling the same story.

veteran
veteran
Ok... that is ...something, I guess.
I agree, that in general gith are not nice people by far. But Lae'zel is very young and she is still learning. She comes across as no-nonsense and even confrontational in the beginning, but she goes through such an amazing character development imo. In the end, she decided to stay with our little dysfunctional group and not join Orpheus and Voss in teh fight against Vlaakith - and I haven't romanced her, we were just really good friends. The relationship between her and Shadowheart is really nice too later on. I love, how proud she is of SHadow, when she stands up to Shar.
She was abducted in my first playthrough by Orin, because I had karlach as my front liner in the group for story reasons - and it really did hit me hard. I was so afraid, Orin would kill her , that I rushed through the Bhaal plot.
I like Lae'zel. I think the point in bringing a character like her, from a confrontational race , into the story, is to show, that someone can be more than their heritage. She reminds me of STen from DAO without being a copy. I like those characters. I like nice and easy going characters liek Wyll and Kalrach too, but someone liek LAe'zel brings another dynamic to the group.

As for gith being ugly: I think, it's in the eye of the beholder. I like Lae#zels look and the look of my own gith mage, I'm playing at the moment. They look good in a more serene way. I myself are a bit sick of all the perfectly modded drow and elf mannequins you see in every BG3 picture thread (not hating on them, tehy just begin to look all the same for me). I like Lae'zels look and the gith lady at the bridge , Beretha, and that gith scientist at the creche for example.

And Lae'zel is not hated - in fact, you are the first person, I encpountered, who says, they didn't like her outright.

Last edited by fylimar; 25/11/23 09:14 AM.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
T
addict
addict
T
Lae'zel? Really?

She's one of the better Gith characters.

Of course, initially, she's got a lot of the traits of Githyanki, due to the way their society works and Vlaakith's influence.

But she's softer than most Gith and occasionally shows a much softer side to her character. She's not inherently heartless, she was raised that way (It's the crux of Lady Esther's project to raise a Gith without imprinting on a violence based culture)

The fact that she's open minded to things that shatter her entire way of life, shows she has much more depth of character than most Gith who'd simply cut down anyone who didn't acquiesce to their every ideology.

As far as appearance goes... For the most part Gith look less appealing because of nature to be in a near permenant scowl. I know that there's a dialogue when approaching the Trielta Crags waypoint where Lae'zel isn't scowling and she looks really cute.

P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
Originally Posted by fylimar
And Lae'zel is not hated - in fact, you are the first person, I encpountered, who says, they didn't like her outright.

Don´t forget that op, by their own admission, did "research"...

journeyman
journeyman
I love Lae'zel.

She tastes like chicken

Bard of Suzail
Bard of Suzail
I agree Lae'zel is just a pain in the arse, she is that nagging wife that you cannot never do anything right for.

P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
Originally Posted by Zentu
I agree Lae'zel is just a pain in the arse, she is that nagging wife that you cannot never do anything right for.

She shows tons of appreciation for stuff my character does for her. Maybe you are just a terrible husband? biggrin

F
F
I guess someone never met Kinshiro Morooka.

If you want to answer to any of my posts with just hate, please just don't answer at all.

If you want just to white knight everything and can't accept opinions, please don't even answer me.

Thank you!
F
addict
addict
F
We're kind of short on actually likeable companions, most have dreadful flaws. She's fine as an ally, and with astral knowledge can double as a rogue. I've never been at all tempted by her alien romance cue.

But she is part of the game's central premise, a random group of companions you'd normally not choose to be with.

veteran
veteran
She's easily one of the best characters in the game, imo. I find her dedication and loyalty to be not only admirable, but inspiring.

B
old hand
old hand
B
And she give cooties too!

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
She is one of my favorites. I don't think she's meant to be easily likeable, but she can soften up if your character befriends or romances her, which always feels rewarding to me. I don't want or expect characters in video games to be morally upstanding people I'd get along with IRL, though.

(OP probably trolling anyway)

Last edited by celestielf; 25/11/23 04:07 PM.
addict
addict
I don't think I could survive without her.

A
A
I played through with her a couple of times and I can't bring myself to like her at all. People say she has a story arc, but I feel like she goes from enthusiastic genocide to enthusiastic slaver for a different leader. I don't find it compelling enough to put up with her rudeness and arrogance in the early game.

But to each their own. We have a variety of characters and everyone is going to have their favorites and dislikes, and that's a strength in the game. The fact that we can feel strongly about these characters is excellent writing.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by papercut_ninja

She shows tons of appreciation for stuff my character does for her. Maybe you are just a terrible husband? biggrin

Actually, based on @Zuntu’s sentence structure, he is saying that she is very easy to please! This double negative denotes a positive meaning. Gotta love English!

Here is a good one for my non English speaking friends. For them, it’s an aneurism inducing mess lol:

English Game: place the word “only” anywhere in the following sentence and it’s still a valid sentence:

She told the Paladin that she kills Goblins.

old hand
old hand
I think she's great. I have to do a lot of persuading to keep her in my parties, but her attitude is immensely entertaining, and her expertise on the subject of mindflayers is very much appreciated, not to mention all the fun glimpses into a very "alien" culture. Devora Wilde does an amazing job both with the voice and the gestures. I've met far, far worse companions in other video games (but most of them had their defenders - one gamer's annoyance is another gamer's delight).

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by papercut_ninja

Is this your way of saying that he is the source of her bruises?

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
While I cannot deny that Lae'zel is...a bit much through most of the story, I did enjoy some nice character moments from her as our journey progressed; times when she would (begrudgingly) accept another point of view or come to realize that she was not as in command of the facts as she thought. Those little hints of personal growth ended up making me want to keep her around and, to my surprise, she rarely ever left my party.

Last edited by Levghilian; 26/11/23 01:49 AM.
T
addict
addict
T
Really Lae'zel is Cool Man..
Not romanced i like her like my Crazy Sister.. haha

was so Fun Bring her and Shadow
was the Most Coolest Run i Ever made in this Game just bring the Two of then till the End..
(all the others i Kill or let somone kill then.. haha)

the only thing i Dont like in her its the Way Larian did her Quest..
yu Run into So Many Blockers for Content when yu Follow what she want from that Start..
that i just Start to avoid and always let her Quests for Last..haha
(she is a Little Bit Brute sometimes i know.. but if yu give her a Chance she can become Badass as person too by the end of the Game Trust Me. especially if yu Make her See the Truth.)

the actress that Made her and Shadow really did a Badass Job..
hands Down for then Both.

(Btw im a Shadow Fan Lae'zel for me its my Crazy Sister.. i felt like i was his old brother like in real life.. she remembers my sister so much that is kinda terrifying sometimes for me..)

Last edited by Thorvic; 26/11/23 02:03 AM.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard