Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 127 of 157 1 2 125 126 127 128 129 156 157
N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
It was a really shitty end. But if i remember correctly the red* choice. And ensuring enough support for the end fight theres a post credit scene of him taking a breathe in the rubble

Originally Posted by tarraxahum
Originally Posted by Chant to Green
the Inquisitor loses an arm to save them from the mark killing them in Trespasser

Oh yeah, I remember the "Your hand is killing you" thing was VERY convincing in Trespasser the way they build up the tension, I was fully expecting to watch my Inky die by the end there. And yet!

Good point, by the way, the Inquisitor and the Warden being the biggest examples.

(also lest we forget than even Shepard in the infamous three colored ending choice of "die, die or technically die" has a chance to survive under certain conditions.)
With Shepard, all of endings were doomed and yet, when fans asked of some hope because back then the endings were questionable and caused a lot of uproar (god, i was there and saw everything. The fans certainly weren't happy), Bioware then added a nice little scene of Shepard taking a breath in the red ending which would imply she/he survived and their LI not putting Shepard's name on the list of other lost people in the battle. It was nice.

All bioware's endings were usually full of hope but some trade off in the mix. I think the only protagonist from a bioware game (dragon age, to be precise) that came out unfazed was Hawke. Until Inquisition happened where you get to decide Hawke's fate in one of the missions with the Wardens. Still, much better than what we currently got with Karlach.

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
It legit took all of my will power not to throw my controller out the window when thst ending came about. After a 3 game journey of character investment and again *choice* supposedly *mattering* to be given that ending (,i refuse to call them different endings ) was just the biggest slap in the face to the fan base. Like who ever was doing the writing for that section just blows my mind how they thought that was going to go down well. But by then EA had dug their claws deep into the IP.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
They didn't do themselves any favors my claiming every choice mattered and hyping up like 18 endings at one point. The ending was bad but they weren't doing themselves any favors in the marketing department either.

Okay y'all, let's not get too deep into the matters of the infamous trilogy ending laugh

To be honest with you I'm not a big fan of comparing games - stories are all different - but since occasionally someone does, well, that one is a good example of players' feedback being listened to in RPG business.

[Linked Image from tarraxahum.neocities.org]
N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Fair enough. I would very much prefer to just stick to karlach content and theories in a positive form in general smile

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
It'd be nice if they cap off the year after they rake in all the awards to announce some dlc or a DE. that's pure wishful thinking but it would be a good time to capitalize on all the free publicity. Obviously still hoping to see a happy ending for karlach come out of that as well. Especially act 3 content

Last edited by mattmcrich; 25/11/23 11:41 PM.
Yeah, I think an announcement after the nominations/awards by the end of the year would be sweet... but I also think Larian has to be sure first if they have plans for a dlc (a DE is more of a possibility than a dlc).

I need some news lmao.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
I don't mind waiting a year but man I feel the same I NEED some info that theyre atleast working on a happy ending for the giant red cinnamon roll. I'm not familiar with larians business habits so I have no idea how likely they are to roll out dlc. I know the DE for divinity was a year later so I'll bank off that time frame I suppose

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
They dont announce much. Unless its literally right around the corner. Which is good for their creative processive. But terrible if like us were waiting for some pretty specific add ons lol. They have had a policy od no dlcs as they by princible try to ensure no micro transactions or pay to win tactics. But due to how bg3
did abd the major outcry for a dlc for it. Their lead director came out and specifically said *dlc is not off the table in the future* so thats pretty big just to leave the door open for a company like this imo. But yes im of the mind that ill give it a faithful 1 year til august 2024 before i go doom/gloom but i have a feeling we wont be waiting that long. I think a GOTY edition might even happen in june/july depending.

Last edited by Norrec69; 26/11/23 12:38 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
I think the most we can hope for this year is patch 5. I can see them ship that one with the xbox release (allegedly happening in december), as they did with patch 3 and the playstation release.

But I do wish for a good Karlach ending as a christmas present. Even if its just an announcement that it's happening. It's unlikely they'll say anything, but one can dream.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
A karlach happy ending would be the best Christmas present even as an announcement. I think you're right about path 5 by the end of the year as well.

Last edited by mattmcrich; 26/11/23 02:18 AM.
I
stranger
stranger
I
Realistically speaking, though, what do you all think would be the earliest date possible for a good Karlach ending?

This isn’t a rhetorical question. I don’t work in the gaming industry, so I have no idea how long it would take. I’m guessing that at least a year from now, but that’s truly a wild guess.

#JusticeForKarlach
C
Banned
Banned
C
Originally Posted by WildOrchid
Originally Posted by tarraxahum
Originally Posted by Chant to Green
the Inquisitor loses an arm to save them from the mark killing them in Trespasser

Oh yeah, I remember the "Your hand is killing you" thing was VERY convincing in Trespasser the way they build up the tension, I was fully expecting to watch my Inky die by the end there. And yet!

Good point, by the way, the Inquisitor and the Warden being the biggest examples.

(also lest we forget than even Shepard in the infamous three colored ending choice of "die, die or technically die" has a chance to survive under certain conditions.)
With Shepard, all of endings were doomed and yet, when fans asked of some hope because back then the endings were questionable and caused a lot of uproar (god, i was there and saw everything. The fans certainly weren't happy), Bioware then added a nice little scene of Shepard taking a breath in the red ending which would imply she/he survived and their LI not putting Shepard's name on the list of other lost people in the battle. It was nice.

All bioware's endings were usually full of hope but some trade off in the mix. I think the only protagonist from a bioware game (dragon age, to be precise) that came out unfazed was Hawke. Until Inquisition happened where you get to decide Hawke's fate in one of the missions with the Wardens. Still, much better than what we currently got with Karlach.
It was even bigger mess than that. The red ending was supposed to be "bad" as originally it made mass relays explode and scorched the surface of the Earth. From what I know the Shephard taking breath was ALWAYS there which was horribly confusing considering everything else with the ending and how bad already it was. It was later changed with extended cut, they added the scene with LI and even called that "Shephard lives ending", they also added the epilogues where aftermatch is explained by either Hackett, Shephard AI or Edi, but it didn't fix the biggest problems about the ending, just made it tolerable

Last edited by Conrad Curze; 26/11/23 07:07 AM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
And this is EXACTLY why the two are comparable.
I remember when they doubled down with the ‘it’s fine deal with it’ all I could think was.

The relays are dead so by the established lore FTL is now all but gone therefore everyone I brought to Earth is now stuck in the Sol system, half the species can’t eat human / carbon based food and earth has no way to support them.
The only logical outcome is a species like the Krogan ends up eating everyone as we all starve to death.

I think the relays exploded in two endings leaving only the green one (I can’t believe I still remember this after all this time THAT is how terrible it was) as the only ending where you didn’t condemn earth and all your friends to a horrific fate.

They eventually released the ‘citadel dlc’ which I never played as after calling us entitled children for months and generally doing everything they could to gaslight us into thinking it was actually high art I was done.
I never bought another of their products again and was very glad that andromeda flopped.

I loved the games up until that last point but it’s a case of the bad being so bad that it ruined the lot.

The problem is I could still play the first 2 games and 90% of the third and it still was good.

This ending ruins the whole third act which is the point where your choices start to come together, if you are railroaded then there is no point playing or replaying because as good as Act 1 or 2 are you know it’s irrelevant.

Karlach is forced to die or run into hell and by what we have seen from the opening with countless swarms of monsters under the control of this apparently extremely powerful arch devil that makes even the lesser devils we meet and treat as bosses look weak the only conclusion I can come to is we die or get captured.

Now Conrad you are a 40k fan named after the edgiest primarch, what would a devil that has no empathy or care do to someone that has defied them now that they’re at their mercy?

If we are lucky they will kill us fast, if unlucky they will get creative, perhaps they make Karlach kill Tav and Will then dump her in a cell with our corpses. That’s just the PG13 thing I can think of.

With a few lines of text they can change this, and that is just the most basic minimum effort way they could do it.
As others have said the 2D / 3D assets for a better ending are already in the game you could probably just throw in a few voice lines or text.
This is why I find your ‘IT WOULD NEED A COMPLETE REWRITE!’ stance confusing.

Last edited by AbandonHope; 26/11/23 08:37 AM.
C
Banned
Banned
C
Originally Posted by AbandonHope
And this is EXACTLY why the two are comparable.
I remember when they doubled down with the ‘it’s fine deal with it’ all I could think was.

The relays are dead so by the established lore FTL is now all but gone therefore everyone I brought to Earth is now stuck in the Sol system, half the species can’t eat human / carbon based food and earth has no way to support them.
The only logical outcome is a species like the Krogan ends up eating everyone as we all starve to death.

I think the relays exploded in two endings leaving only the green one (I can’t believe I still remember this after all this time THAT is how terrible it was) as the only ending where you didn’t condemn earth and all your friends to a horrific fate.

They eventually released the ‘citadel dlc’ which I never played as after calling us entitled children for months and generally doing everything they could to gaslight us into thinking it was actually high art I was done.
I never bought another of their products again and was very glad that andromeda flopped.

I loved the games up until that last point but it’s a case of the bad being so bad that it ruined the lot.

The problem is I could still play the first 2 games and 90% of the third and it still was good.

This ending ruins the whole third act which is the point where your choices start to come together, if you are railroaded then there is no point playing or replaying because as good as Act 1 or 2 are you know it’s irrelevant.

Karlach is forced to die or run into hell and by what we have seen from the opening with countless swarms of monsters under the control of this apparently extremely powerful arch devil that makes even the lesser devils we meet and treat as bosses look weak the only conclusion I can come to is we die or get captured.

Now Conrad you are a 40k fan named after the edgiest primarch, what would a devil that has no empathy or care do to someone that has defied them now that they’re at their mercy?

If we are lucky they will kill us fast, if unlucky they will get creative, perhaps they make Karlach kill Tav and Will then dump her in a cell with our corpses. That’s just the PG13 thing I can think of.

With a few lines of text they can change this, and that is just the most basic minimum effort way they could do it.
As others have said half the 2D / 3D assets for a better ending are already in the game you could probably just throw in a few voice lines or text.
This is why I find your ‘IT WOULD NEED A COMPLETE REWRITE!’ stance confusing.
I'm not sure if Citadel DLC changed something regarding the ending, but the extended cut completely changed the tone of the red ending as high assets leave the earth intact and relays only damaged with Hackett saying they'll repair them. The original idea was obviously mindnumbigly stupid because as you said, half of the species that were stranded away from their planet would starve without FTL so luckily at least that was changed. We see damaged relays in the blue ending that are being repaired by the now controlled Reapers, but I think this scene was added in the extended cut so i'm not sure if that was the case in the original ending. As for Karlach and co being potentially captured in Avernus, you don't have to imagine anything, just remember that Karlach's tatoos and writings carved on her horns are Zariel's mockery. And when it comes to rewriting her, what I meant is that her concept needs to be changed, they could somehow put just another quest but if that was the plan I think it would be patched some time ago. If the change is coming, I'd expect it to be something bigger, likely expanding her questline in previous acts

Last edited by Conrad Curze; 26/11/23 08:41 AM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
Ah understood, thank you.
I didn’t get far enough to discover what the carvings on her horns meant as after stumbling across this thread I just stopped playing.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by Conrad curz
As for Karlach and co being potentially captured in Avernus, you don't have to imagine anything, just remember that Karlach's tatoos and writings carved on her horns are Zariel's mockery. And when it comes to rewriting her, what I meant is that her concept needs to be changed, they could somehow put just another quest but if that was the plan I think it would be patched some time ago. If the change is coming, I'd expect it to be something bigger, likely expanding her questline in previous acts

Why would her whole concept need to be changed her whole story isn't something that has to be rewritten from the ground up to add a fix. It could be larian is wanting to add more content for companions in general and they want to add karlachs expanded content with the rest of it. Also not trying to be rude but I'd like an answer to norrecs question. That being why you keep posting if you just want to keep reiterating that it's unlikely she'll get a fix, or any kind of happy ending in spite of numerous posts countering your claims. I'd bet larian is working on alot of act 3 stuff in general as well as asterion and other companions and would rather release something like that all at once. Perhaps as a new patch, or dlc, or even a DE

C
Banned
Banned
C
Originally Posted by mattmcrich
As for Karlach and co being potentially captured in Avernus, you don't have to imagine anything, just remember that Karlach's tatoos and writings carved on her horns are Zariel's mockery. And when it comes to rewriting her, what I meant is that her concept needs to be changed, they could somehow put just another quest but if that was the plan I think it would be patched some time ago. If the change is coming, I'd expect it to be something bigger, likely expanding her questline in previous acts

Why would her whole concept need to be changed her whole story isn't something that has to be rewritten from the ground up to add a fix. It could be larian is wanting to add more content for companions in general and they want to add karlachs expanded content with the rest of it. Also not trying to be rude but I'd like an answer to norrecs question. That being why you keep posting if you just want to keep reiterating that it's unlikely she'll get a fix, or any kind of happy ending in spite of numerous posts countering your claims. I'd bet larian is working on alot of act 3 stuff in general as well as asterion and other companions and would rather release something like that all at once. Perhaps as a new patch, or dlc, or even a DE
I never said she won't have a fix, I said it wasn't planned originaly because she wasn't even companion at the very begining. That was her concept, then it was changed to companion then to origin so quite a lot of changes and it shows considering she barely has any content (compare it to the whole dungeon for SH or a creche of Lae'Zel for example). That's why I say it's not likely they'll just patch some quick fix with Dammon, Gondians or whoever. If the change is coming, they'll likely improve her whole questline so she feels like an actual origin not side character. In short, they'll rewrite her concept

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
I never said she won't have a fix, I said it wasn't planned originaly because she wasn't even companion at the very begining. That was her concept, then it was changed to companion then to origin so quite a lot of changes and it shows considering she barely has any content (compare it to the whole dungeon for SH or a creche of Lae'Zel for example). That's why I say it's not likely they'll just patch some quick fix with Dammon, Gondians or whoever. If the change is coming, they'll likely improve her whole questline so she feels like an actual origin not side character. In short, they'll rewrite her concept
I see the argument that they'll add more to her quest like with shadowheart and laezel. Maybe make avernus a full area with the expressed purpose of finding a cure within avernus itself. But you keep ignoring all the components within the game already that point to a fix by saying well they would've just added it or well the enriched infernal iron could be anything. I do hope you're right and instead of adding in something small and keeping her questline small they add something large like the dungeon or the creche. And in the event they were to add an entire area like that it would take quite alot of work, something more than a patch I think. Maybe that'll be a dlc or bundled with other companion add ons. That being said though I'm not sure why they'd need to rewrite the whole concept that just doesn't make sense. Adding on a whole area for her to get the cure or fix from that is something I could see if they want to make her feel more like an origin character but that wouldn't require a rewrite at all. I'd love to hear the reasoning for the rewrite cause I'm seeing 0 reason for it

Last edited by mattmcrich; 26/11/23 10:46 AM.
Page 127 of 157 1 2 125 126 127 128 129 156 157

Link Copied to Clipboard