Originally Posted by kanisatha
Originally Posted by Wormerine
I do lean into yes: But frankly I have more issues with what game doesn’t have (coherent plot line, satisfying character arcs, interesting character choices) than what is has. I am conceptually against turning what used to be teen property into crude R rated sex romp, it could have worked in a narrative with more substance to it.

But I am again, complaining about narrative side, which simply didn’t seem to be priority nor focus. If BG3 was less sexualised, I don’t think it would become any better. While I always found digital dolls awkwardly rubbing against each other plainly weird, there seem to be an audience for it.
I agree. BG3's indisputable oversexualization is the least of the game's many, many glaring problems and weaknesses. But I have to wonder if that is the very reason Larian chose to add in all of the oversexualization. As others have pointed out, absolutely NOTHING would have been lost or changed in the game, especially with respect to roleplaying, if every single bit of nudity and sex in the game had been left out. So maybe all of that is there precisely for the purpose of getting people to either be distracted from the game's many very real shortcomings or not care about any of those shortcomings because ... SEX!

I honestly thought of writing a longer post but after reading Naira's and Rahaya's I decided against it seeing how well they described one of my issues with the game. But yeah, the answer is yes. Larian did an amazing job at distracting people (to an extent myself included) with companions and sex.

Might come of as an ass by saying this but I think this game has attracted a lot of lonely sex starved individuals that are getting overly attached to these characters (ignoring the writing and just focusing on whom they can have sex with and what kinky situations they can get into) and despite it being a great thing business and marketing wise I don't want to think how it might influence the future development of other RPGs.

So to answer the OPs question. Yes, I do think that BG3 is overly sexualized seeing how in multiple cases within the game the writing and its consistency had to take a back seat to provide the player with some sexual hijinks.