Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 130 of 156 1 2 128 129 130 131 132 155 156
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
maybe its nothing more than some little Christmas type of thing, i mean the post doesnt exactly say anything really. The phrase "fun is mandatory" has some real "The beatings will continue until moral improves" vibes which is really concerning but it might be like a lets have a party before we fight the bbeg or something. might be too hopeful

L
Banned
Banned
L
And im more than happy about it, for past 130 pages all of you were saying was "trust larian" "be patient" and where did that bring you? You have no idea how happy I am now

L
Banned
Banned
L
Maybe you should have done something, instead of screaming into the void on almost empty forum that's not even working for most of the time

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
done what? tweet at larian? did that. message larian? did that. email larian support? did that. email bg3 support? did that. tweet at the games director? did that. go onto their own forums and talk about it? well here we are. still trying to figure out why youre here tho.
Anyway until it comes out ill just wait and see.

Y'all this is the first time I managed to load the forum in literal two days, so apologies if I'm missing anyone's replies

But holy hell I'm both excited and anxious about this epilogues announcement. I guess we kinda know how it goes if Karlach is dead (I dropped the link to parsed dialogue like a page ago I think), but I still have no idea what Avernus ending would be like. 6 months timeskip I think this is supposed to be, if that hasn't changed.

I'll be honest with you, unpopular opinion, but if they give us a "You found a fix in Avernus behind the scenes" I'll happily take that and run. I don't think my heart will be able to handle Tav and Karlach not showing up at all or having to immediately leave again.

That being said, I think a lot of people here swore up and down not to lose hope for a proper quest and such till the Definitive Edition or a definitive absence of such, so don't bet everything on the epilogue if you're not down to take the easy way out like that. This reunion was always going to be implemented before any major story changes (if any are to happen at all), so of course it's going to be concerning the current state of the quest only. It's weird to expect anything else or to get upset about the lack of something that was never going to be here at patch 5, I think.

So let's not be doomposting in advance (and keep the expectations low), who knows what will happen. Either way I'm excited for the epilogues and I bloody hope my old playthrough saves will launch 'cause my current one is still in the middle of Act 3 and I NEED TO KNOW.

I honestly will be fine with my heart not being broken more than it already is :') Here's hoping!

[Linked Image from tarraxahum.neocities.org]
Originally Posted by Lonewalker
Maybe you should have done something, instead of screaming into the void on almost empty forum that's not even working for most of the time

Jesus christ, look who made a new account.

My guy, I promise I will make sure to be the happiest I can with whatever we get just to deny you the satisfaction, holy hell.

L
Banned
Banned
L
Ask any mass effect veteran how to get the job done. You should have struck the iron while it was hot. Now enjoy you holidays. Just don't forget a sunscreen I heard it's really hot in the avernus

L
Banned
Banned
L
If few lines said by corpse is what will make you happy im not even sorry for you. Actually no, im just not sorry for you. Period

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by tarraxahum
Y'all this is the first time I managed to load the forum in literal two days, so apologies if I'm missing anyone's replies

But holy hell I'm both excited and anxious about this epilogues announcement. I guess we kinda know how it goes if Karlach is dead (I dropped the link to parsed dialogue like a page ago I think), but I still have no idea what Avernus ending would be like. 6 months timeskip I think this is supposed to be, if that hasn't changed.

I'll be honest with you, unpopular opinion, but if they give us a "You found a fix in Avernus behind the scenes" I'll happily take that and run. I don't think my heart will be able to handle Tav and Karlach not showing up at all or having to immediately leave again.

That being said, I think a lot of people here swore up and down not to lose hope for a proper quest and such till the Definitive Edition or a definitive absence of such, so don't bet everything on the epilogue if you're not down to take the easy way out like that. This reunion was always going to be implemented before any major story changes (if any are to happen at all), so of course it's going to be concerning the current state of the quest only. It's weird to expect anything else or to get upset about the lack of something that was never going to be here at patch 5, I think.

So let's not be doomposting in advance (and keep the expectations low), who knows what will happen. Either way I'm excited for the epilogues and I bloody hope my old playthrough saves will launch 'cause my current one is still in the middle of Act 3 and I NEED TO KNOW.

I honestly will be fine with my heart not being broken more than it already is :') Here's hoping!
Ill take the you find a fix in avernus off screen and make it out alive, id like to be there and do it myself but ill take what i can get at this point. i just hope the party doesnt have a little memorial for karlach and tav somewhere. if they do the whole you get the fix in avernus id still hope they add it in a DE or some small DLC or something. yea the forums were down like all of yesterday for me too.

apprentice
apprentice
Honestly, just ignore Lonewalker. They're not adding anything besides wanting to be annoying. I don't know what crawled up their ass and died, and quite frankly, I don't care.

Back to topic:

Thank you, tarraxahum. You said what I needed to her, I think. It's not over yet, and we'll see the coming days how it pans out.
Still scared about that patch, but your perspective does help.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by LaughingRaven
Honestly, just ignore Lonewalker. They're not adding anything besides wanting to be annoying. I don't know what crawled up their ass and died, and quite frankly, I don't care.

Back to topic:

Thank you, tarraxahum. You said what I needed to her, I think. It's not over yet, and we'll see the coming days how it pans out.
Still scared about that patch, but your perspective does help.
Very true it is a nice optimistic take on the news that is much needed.

L
Banned
Banned
L
Hey don't be mad at me. Just trust larian and be patient right?

Originally Posted by mattmcrich
i just hope the party doesnt have a little memorial for karlach and tav somewhere.

If nothing else that would definitely be morbidly hilarious on the "Larian are sorta trolls" front! But nah, that's not gonna happen. Worst case here is the "welp, back to hell we go" situation, I think. Could always be proved wrong though, that's for sure! laugh

I will say, the easy "We fixed it in Avernus" thing could kind of undermine the choice of NOT going there (like, you see, if you were a little more stubborn you could'a save her!), which is why I am resigning myself to that PROBABLY NOT being the case. While hoping to be surprised, mind you.

All in all though I'm just curious to see what happens. Predictions be damned. Withers, get the gang back together.

Last edited by tarraxahum; 29/11/23 06:59 PM. Reason: corrected the quote

All I'm gonna do is just wait and see, doubt they'll add something 'sad' when they're implying something positive in this post (then again i've been disappointed before with the Avernus 'special cutscene') but yeah I'll put the doomposting aside for now.

If it's something positive, i'll take it. It's just the implementation that bums me out and I certainly don't expect some big changes about Karlach so soon, if they plan anything that is - it would take a lot more time and I'm aware of that.

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
Originally Posted by Lonewalker
Ask any mass effect veteran how to get the job done. You should have struck the iron while it was hot. Now enjoy you holidays. Just don't forget a sunscreen I heard it's really hot in the avernus

I would not say that the extended ending was anything to cheer at, so "getting the job done" is quite a stretch.

I was there. I held the line. We lost.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by tarraxahum
i just hope the party doesnt have a little memorial for karlach and tav somewhere. if they do the whole you get the fix in avernus id still hope they add it in a DE or some small DLC or something. yea the forums were down like all of yesterday for me too.

If nothing else that would definitely be morbidly hilarious on the "Larian are sorta trolls" front! But nah, that's not gonna happen. Worst case here is the "welp, back to hell we go" situation, I think. Could always be proved wrong though, that's for sure! laugh

I will say, the easy "We fixed it in Avernus" thing could kind of undermine the choice of NOT going there (like, you see, if you were a little more stubborn you could'a save her!), which is why I am resigning myself to that PROBABLY NOT being the case. While hoping to be surprised, mind you.

All in all though I'm just curious to see what happens. Predictions be damned. Withers, get the gang back together.

it would be kinda neat if they do a time skip type thing and tease a fix for karlach in avernus, maybe leading into a questline down the road where you go into avernus and find the cure. given the only info we have on this is its vaguely holiday themed and withers is involved ill try and stay hopeful till we see it.

L
Banned
Banned
L
No, mass effect fans got more than karlach fans could ever hope for, still bioware didn't gave them what they exactly wanted and it basically costed them their lives. Now they are on life support and need to release to hit games or they are done. Not a perfect victory, but victory nonetheless. Victory these losers hopefully will never get because they refused to do anything about it, and just waited for larian's mercy. Well have fun waiting

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
Hopefully the Community Update sheds more light on the situation with Karlach, since it implies there are more features coming to the game that are not epilogues. I honestly can't think of any features that the community has asked for that haven't been addressed (besides rewriting Halsin's entire character) besides this.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by Nessius
Hopefully the Community Update sheds more light on the situation with Karlach, since it implies there are more features coming to the game that are not epilogues. I honestly can't think of any features that the community has asked for that haven't been addressed (besides rewriting Halsin's entire character) besides this.

Same I'm really hyped for the community update and I'm hoping for some good news from it. It'd be a great Christmas gift from larian to all of us

given the only info we have on this is its vaguely holiday themed

It is not holiday themed at all btw, it's straight up called an Epilogue Party and we all knew from the datamines that Withers was always supposed to be gathering said party at the tavern or around campfire (as the case appears to be). And we all already came to the conclusion that it makes no sense to place any playable Avernus content after the end of the game.

They are just delivering the post-game epilogue "where are they now" thingy that they promised back at the patch 2 drop. Not trying to be a bummer, but we gotta stay reasonable here. For our own sake, if no one else's! Don't get overhyped, we've been through that the last time.

EDIT: I do think we should get kinda hyped for the epilogues themselves, as a whole, it is cool that they are delivering the promised thing - and much earlier than I expected them to, as well!

Last edited by tarraxahum; 29/11/23 07:27 PM.

Page 130 of 156 1 2 128 129 130 131 132 155 156

Link Copied to Clipboard