Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
veteran
veteran
Update is live! Wooooooooooooooo!

Now where them patch notes at, time to read one million entries! My eyes are peeled for anything Minthara related grin

R
stranger
stranger
R
I CANNOT wait to see.... These patchnotes sound great!

Epilogue! Yassss
Inventory management! Yas
Cazador dungeon puzzle is fixed. Yas

Love you Larian.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by RedCat_Noodle

Where they at?

I hope they spell the end of ineffectual shield bashing. I have seen enough of that to last a lifetime.

W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Ikke
Originally Posted by RedCat_Noodle

Where they at?

I hope they spell the end of ineffectual shield bashing. I have seen enough of that to last a lifetime.

https://baldursgate3.game/news/patch-5-now-live_99

veteran
veteran
The things that have just been revealed in patch 5 are probably the best (this is a relative word) news I've received about this game since its first announcement. I'm happy to give credit when it is due. I like that they are giving us the new party management UI in camp. The new custom mode would be the only mode in which I would ever play the game. It's also something I've been clamoring for. And of course the "choices and consequences" epilogue is most definitely a huge improvement, although it is an open question for me if this will be meaningful. After all, if I don't get my generally preferred option in each choice that I am presented throughout the game, then the epilogue is going to be meaningless for me. And right now I see many choices in the game where my preferred *good* alignment option is not given to me. But all in all, this patch does move the game somewhat towards the side of making it a good game for me.

Now the next big improvement I'd want is a built-in mod manager and Steam workshop access so that I can mod the crap out of the game and fix all of its many remaining wrong things.

R
stranger
stranger
R
I have not seen any of the new epilogues yet but I am over the moon for this patch. I simply cannot believe they listened to us so well. I am again excited to do at least 2 more runs now!

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
The party is great! I'm going through my older saves now so all my characters get to have a full story. I made different choices on them too, so it's not all the same. It just means I have to fight the Netherbrain another 2 times so my remaining characters can get their parties too.

addict
addict
Patch 5 also fixed the 1000 Watt halogen bulb brightness issue with my spore druid's symbiotic entity ability. Now it's back to soft green sparkles, and I can't wait to go hang out with the myconids again! That's what I want for my epilog ... a long glowing spore session with the fungi folk.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard