Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 132 of 156 1 2 130 131 132 133 134 155 156
Originally Posted by LaughingRaven
As for Alfira: I honestly don't know how you'd properly fit her into the group at this point, especially without removing her storyline. I like her a lot, but I'd rather watch her be happy with Lakrissa than travel around with the companions.

Agree.
Quil Grootslang could've been a nice addition as a dragonborn bard instead,

if Alfira wasn't an option as the party is already full of elves and humans AND two druids to boot (the lack of variety in races as companions is unfortunate).
I've always found it weird as to why we needed two druids when all we needed were companions of each different class. The lack of a bard and a sorcerer companion gives me pain lmao.
It's probably why they changed Minthara from cleric to paladin due to Shadowheart - not sure if some of you knew or not but Minthara's dnd card has her as an elf cleric.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Also adding in my hope that the epilogues add a lot of closure to the endings (been waiting on those to drop to finish the game for the first time).

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
I would personally like to see new companion/ new races to pick from. If there was to be a dlc. Alfira of not.
Golaith would be a pretty easy add in even without dlc.
They are basicly body types 3 and 4 but angrier lookinglol

apprentice
apprentice
We only have two druids because people really wanted Halsin as a companion, which Larian didn't plan on, originally, and Jaheira is a nod to BG1/2.

As for Minthara not being a cleric:
It makes a lot of sense from a lore point of view. Her as a cleric would not have worked - since clerics get their power from their deity, which they are a devout follower of. The Absolute is not an actual god and Lolth disowned her. So where would she get her powers from? Paladin works the better with her storyline

I do agree that the lack of variety with the companions is a shame.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
We only have two druids because people really wanted Halsin as a companion, which Larian didn't plan on, originally, and Jaheira is a nod to BG1/2.

It makes a lot of sense from a lore point of view. Her as a cleric would not have worked - since clerics get their power from their deity, which they are a devout follower of. The Absolute is not an actual god and Lolth disowned her. So where would she get her powers from? Paladin works the better with her storyline

I do agree that the lack of variety with the companions is a shame.
I haven't thought about that but it's really odd that we get 2 druids kinda makes me wonder why they bothered with halsin.

That's... actually something I didn't think of. Thanks for explaining it haha.

Originally Posted by mattmcrich
I haven't thought about that but it's really odd that we get 2 druids kinda makes me wonder why they bothered with halsin.

Well, Larian is known for listening to their fans and Halsin being added as a companion is a result of it, fans wanted him since EA. Although, I do wish they did more work on him since he's very weird in act 3. I liked act 1-2 Halsin far better than act 3 Halsin who basically exists to be a 'toy', to put it mildly.

Last edited by WildOrchid; 29/11/23 10:05 PM.
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
That does atleast give confidence they'll listen about karlach given they added a whole new companion even though there was already a druid in the line up just to make people happy.

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Patch 5 is coming in hot at 30GB. SURELY not all of that is related to epilogue stuff... right? Larion what are you COOKING!?

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Yeah that is dumptruck lvl big. Pretty stoked for it in general but trying to tame my expectations lol. I imagine this thread with explode once it drops aswell lol

While this huge update downloads, I'm just gonna say one thing: I think we should tame our expectations, remember all that's been said about the fact that we love the game and Larian did an impressive job with it (which is why we care so much in the first place) regardless of what happens, and consider how cool it is that we're getting these epilogues at all (I am so intrigued by the way they're describing them in the community update, gah!). I played the game in full and I want to know what happens to everyone regardless of if I like it or not. "Happy endings are not guaranteed" may or may not be a direct warning, but throw it at me anyway!

But also I think at this point I'm gonna explode from all the anxiety, ahah.

See y'all on the other side and if I don't then it means that my save did not work and I'm trying to finish the second playthrough to see it, heh.

[Linked Image from tarraxahum.neocities.org]
B
apprentice
apprentice
B
just to chime in real quick:
currently i dint have a playthrough with karlach, so if someone could maybe post a summary (WITH SPOILERTAG)about the epilogue where karlach & tav (+maybe wyll) went to avernus, id appreciate it.

and i agree with the others here, we should have low expectations in terms of changes for karlach.

thank you in advance

#JusticeForKarlach!
old hand
old hand
I read through the patch notes and didn’t really see any new content for Karlach or an indication that they’re going to add content

C
Banned
Banned
C
Well, with the epilogues and comment from larian that happy endings are never guaranteed at least we know for sure that the fix for Karlach was never planned

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Unfirtunate but not unexpected

I
stranger
stranger
I
Originally Posted by tarraxahum
I played the game in full and I want to know what happens to everyone regardless of if I like it or not. "Happy endings are not guaranteed" may or may not be a direct warning, but throw it at me anyway!

But also I think at this point I'm gonna explode from all the anxiety, ahah.

I’m with you on both points. You’re not alone!

Here’s to hoping someone else does a speed run through epilogues first and lays our collective anxiety to rest with spoilered text.

#JusticeForKarlach
C
stranger
stranger
C
As much as we were all kind of expecting this, that's still a shame to hear frown

Though, on a happier note, the promo pictures confirm she's at least present at the epilogue celebrations

apprentice
apprentice
The fact that she's in the promo pictures makes me so happy. She's still around, I can calm down now.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Haven't seen anything about the epilogues did they confirm karlach is just screwed from the start and doomed to die?

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
She seems present at the epilogue scene. But no info on getting her engine fixed.
Minthara is now available for a good playthrough now though so thats cool.
Im going to try not to read to much into the happy ending line.
Again i could be wrong. But alot of the changes and add ins they have added through these patches in some cases took more effort and work then a few added dialogue options and a cinematic scene (which is all thats really needed for karlaches engine fix at the bare lvl). And karlachs fix is still way up there in the community feedback. Im glad she is there 6 months later. I just hope to actually fix her in game eventually. *shrug*

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by Norrec69
She seems present at the epilogue scene. But no info on getting her engine fixed.
Minthara is now available for a good playthrough now though so thats cool.
Im going to try not to read to much into the happy ending line.
Again i could be wrong. But alot of the changes and add ins they have added through these patches in some cases took more effort and work then a few added dialogue options and a cinematic scene (which is all thats really needed for karlaches engine fix at the bare lvl). And karlachs fix is still way up there in the community feedback. Im glad she is there 6 months later. I just hope to actually fix her in game eventually. *shrug*
God I hope so I've got 2 playthroughs sitting in act 3 waiting to end and I don't have the strength to go to avernus and die yet

Page 132 of 156 1 2 130 131 132 133 134 155 156

Link Copied to Clipboard