Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 133 of 156 1 2 131 132 133 134 135 155 156
Originally Posted by Norrec69
She seems present at the epilogue scene. But no info on getting her engine fixed.
Minthara is now available for a good playthrough now though so thats cool.
Im going to try not to read to much into the happy ending line.
Again i could be wrong. But alot of the changes and add ins they have added through these patches in some cases took more effort and work then a few added dialogue options and a cinematic scene (which is all thats really needed for karlaches engine fix at the bare lvl). And karlachs fix is still way up there in the community feedback. Im glad she is there 6 months later. I just hope to actually fix her in game eventually. *shrug*

So Minthara can be recruited w/o killing the grove? Is that what you mean by good playthrough?

I wish I could check for Karlach but i deleted the saves of other characters because I'm a dumbass. frown

I
stranger
stranger
I
Does anybody have images of the epilogue scene?

#JusticeForKarlach
old hand
old hand
I saw the image from the epilogue scene in this tweet:

https://twitter.com/larianstudios/status/1730267722783576524

Or at least it appears to be the epilogue since she has a fancy new outfit, which is something they said is happening in the epilogue

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Yes it seems now if you *knock her out* you can still complete halsins request to kill* the gobbo leaders. She will end up in moonrise where yiu can save her. But it sounds like halsin will leave the grp if that happens. No word on if you can lift the curse first or not but i think you can

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
We're suppose to see the community update soon aswell and hopefully it'll address karlachs engine. I can't see why they wouldn't touch on it given its so high on the communities list. But man I'm getting real desperate for news on the topic im tired of larians trademark silence.

C
Banned
Banned
C
She seems present at the epilogue scene. But no info on getting her engine fixed.
Minthara is now available for a good playthrough now though so thats cool.
Im going to try not to read to much into the happy ending line.
Again i could be wrong. But alot of the changes and add ins they have added through these patches in some cases took more effort and work then a few added dialogue options and a cinematic scene (which is all thats really needed for karlaches engine fix at the bare lvl). And karlachs fix is still way up there in the community feedback. Im glad she is there 6 months later. I just hope to actually fix her in game eventually. *shrug*
Since I'm left handed I'm betting my entire left arm that she'll be at the party but only as a quick respite before going back to avernus so her engine doesn't explode

Wow that outfit, she looks so good.

apprentice
apprentice
She's also in the background of a picture they posted with their tweet about the epilogues - so I'd say its pretty certainly the epilogue. Which means she's still alive 6 months later.

old hand
old hand
I think they’ve already posted the community update, and it mostly describes new features brought into the game by patch 5. It looked to me like the only thing referring to their future plans was that they’re actively working on new kiss animations for all party members.

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
I mean you could be correct. But even so, i coukd see thst being an epilogue based on her current *condition* these epilogues are based on the options we have *currently* so we have no option to fix her in game as of yet. So i can see that. But i will say if thats the route they take without addressing a potential fix in the future, it will be the avernus cinamatic ending all over again. Very few ppl will be happy bout it

apprentice
apprentice
I mean we knew that it was to soon to expect any fix for the engine with this patch. If they will add it, then it will be sometime next year.

For now, I'm just happy that she's still around. It's the best we could've hoped for at this time.

C
Banned
Banned
C
I mean you could be correct. But even so, i coukd see thst being an epilogue based on her current *condition* these epilogues are based on the options we have *currently* so we have no option to fix her in game as of yet. So i can see that. But i will say if thats the route they take without addressing a potential fix in the future, it will be the avernus cinamatic ending all over again. Very few ppl will be happy bout it
If they added entire new way of recruiting Minthara but not the fix for Karlach, it's just time to admit that the fix is not coming and one day to say goodbye to the team before going back to avernus is all we're getting

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by Conrad Curze
If they added entire new way of recruiting Minthara but not the fix for Karlach, it's just time to admit that the fix is not coming and one day to say goodbye to the team before going back to avernus is all we're getting
Unless their intent is to make a grim dark story out of karlach it's more likely to me that they put more work into the character who was unplayable first. Then devoting time to fixing karlach. Or they just want to make the game grim dark. Given the rest of the game and characters are not grimdark it seems like shit writing to just throw karlach under the bus

C
Banned
Banned
C
Originally Posted by mattmcrich
Originally Posted by Conrad Curze
Unless their intent is to make a grim dark story out of karlach it's more likely to me that they put more work into the character who was unplayable first. Then devoting time to fixing karlach. Or they just want to make the game grim dark. Given the rest of the game and characters are not grimdark it seems like shit writing to just throw karlach under the bus
And yet that's what happened. Considering that even Minthara was changed to not be evil playthrough exclusive, this is a solid proof that Karlach was never intended to be fixable

Please, avoid replying to Conrad. It's clear why he's here.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
No? Again it's proof that minthara was the more pressing concern. She was nearly unplayable from what I understand and the parts that were playable were bare bones at best. It's more likely that larian is working on some fix for karlach given all the options that could work within the game. But I forgot you're the one that's just here to argue and ignore counter points. So I guess that's my fault.

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Conrad your more then free to leave the thread then as its *clear proof* pat your self on the back etc etc. If it is the end. And youre now satisfied with it and youve said your piece. Theres no reason for you to still be here..in a thread literally about advocating for a better/ fixed engine ending.

apprentice
apprentice
Minthara is still buggy, at least on old playthroughs. Its depressing. Why is there no kiss option yet? You'd think they'd finally fix that issue. But maybe on a new run.

But hey, at least we got the epilogues, I guess. Anyone got to them yet and can tell us more?

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Ecc2ca
I saw the image from the epilogue scene in this tweet:

https://twitter.com/larianstudios/status/1730267722783576524

Or at least it appears to be the epilogue since she has a fancy new outfit, which is something they said is happening in the epilogue

With Patch 5 being out... I'm going to ask this, knowing the answer is probably "no": the wait is over, right? They fixed my companion?

Right?

Last edited by SynnLee; 30/11/23 08:00 PM. Reason: More words.

Erm, given that I've made this account for this purpose primarily... #JusticeForKarlach!
apprentice
apprentice
No

Page 133 of 156 1 2 131 132 133 134 135 155 156

Link Copied to Clipboard