Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 134 of 156 1 2 132 133 134 135 136 155 156
stranger
stranger
Well, I expected that.

Erm, given that I've made this account for this purpose primarily... #JusticeForKarlach!
N
journeyman
journeyman
N
I'd kinda be surprised if her issue wasn't brought up in the epilogue at all. The notes say that you get a bunch of letters and check in with a bunch of the NPCs from the game so it wouldn't be a stretch to say that the Gondians or Dammon show up with a solution.

Edit: Really that would check all of the boxes. It'd be a solution that we worked for based on what we did in the game, it wouldn't undermine the Avernus decision since its a whole six months later, and it'd work the breadcrumbs together into a believable path. Honestly it'd be kinda strange if it WASN'T addressed, and would just be another story hole.

Last edited by Nessius; 30/11/23 08:11 PM.
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by Nessius
I'd kinda be surprised if her issue wasn't brought up in the epilogue at all. The notes say that you get a bunch of letters and check in with a bunch of the NPCs from the game so it wouldn't be a stretch to say that the Gondians or Dammon show up with a solution.
i'd really like for them to set up the next patch, DLC, or DE even having a solution based off the notes from the epilogue. Maybe you survive the hells long enough and the gondians remember oh yea theres this other better infernal iron thatll probably work. or elminster that useless fuck might actually do something other than fuck off and eat cheese. it would be really nice to see and im hoping for something like that

Last edited by mattmcrich; 30/11/23 08:32 PM.
N
journeyman
journeyman
N
I've just read that apparently the Karlach epilogue is very good, and that there is even some hope teased for the future with them. Also apparently Karlach is quite content ripping and tearing her way across Avernus with her lover so even if they do go back to Avernus she's happy. Keep in mind though I haven't actually played it nor do I know any specific details.

For those curious:
Apparently there is a special forge in Avernus that can build a new engine. Also Withers says he might have need of us again so potential DLC bait is also there.

Last edited by Nessius; 30/11/23 08:43 PM.
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by Nessius
I've just read that apparently the Karlach epilogue is very good, and that there is even some hope teased for the future with them. Also apparently Karlach is quite content ripping and tearing her way across Avernus with her lover so even if they do go back to Avernus she's happy. Keep in mind though I haven't actually played it nor do I know any specific details.

For those curious:
Apparently there is a special forge in Avernus that can build a new engine. Also Withers says he might have need of us again so potential DLC bait is also there.
assuming this is legit thats the best news ive heard in months. heres hoping its legit. also is anyone else having trouble playing old saves? mine are unmodded and im still unable to launch them.

Well. You know what? I'll happily take it.

apprentice
apprentice
Same. Im fine with this. This does sound pretty good

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
It's a great setup for dlc or DE content I'm happily taking this and running with it assuming its real. Let's not give up on that end of it this is the first glimmer of hope we've had since this started let's not settle now.

Last edited by mattmcrich; 30/11/23 09:05 PM.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by WildOrchid
Well. You know what? I'll happily take it.

If what Nessius said indeed is canon, I am perfectly happy with that. It's not a lame compromise like, say, Karlach staying alive, but condemned to fight in Avernus for the rest of her life. Nope, it sounds more like a go fight down there, fix her heart, go back to surface kind of affair. Yes, Karlach seems to have PTSD from that place, but hey, at least she leaves that icky place with a hard-earned chance to live happily ever after in the surface world.

Originally, choosing the Avernus ending sounded like a losing fight - fighting against way more powerful enemies - so I genuinely questioned why did they even bother working on that ending at all. However, this gives the Avernus ending a happy tone - finally, a Karlach ending with such a tone! - making it completely acceptable for me.

I'll take that. With a smile. No ifs and buts.

Last edited by SynnLee; 30/11/23 09:14 PM. Reason: More words.

Erm, given that I've made this account for this purpose primarily... #JusticeForKarlach!
Yeah. Although
I would have preferred to be actively there to see it, to help her. Oh well, maybe in DE or the dlc - though the latter will probably be set before the endings.

R
Banned
Banned
R
https://www.youtube.com/live/hswEBXLxM2Y?si=LkrmgZwDIxHZAdlO
Here's epilogue with Karlach romance in avernus. Idk the timestamps just skip through, you get the open ending, more hopeful, do what you want with that

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Yeah. Although
I would have preferred to be actively there to see it, to help her. Oh well, maybe in DE or the dlc - though the latter will probably be set before the endings.
I think that's what this is setting up and I'll keep hoping thats the case. I'm happy we got this but like you said I want to be there and I think larian is gonna give it to us in a dlc or de

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
The setup for
an Avernus DLC is real and there's major talks in the dialogue about us being back sooner rather than later/telling people to keep their place ready for us because we will be back soon.
Either way, GANG! TIME TO REEL OVER AND KEEP REQUESTING A PROPER AVERNUS DLC!! Since this epilogue is a canon event 6 months post-game, the likelihood of them adding anything into the game that changes the dialogue for said epilogue (giving them even more work to do, in a patch they just released) is rather unlikely. But what is likely is everything they seeded, planted and watered throughout the entire epilogue section. Whether you play as Origin Karlach, romance her or let her go back to Avernus with Wyll, there's always a choice for whom to play in the DLC.

Hell, even Flo as a lead in is mentioned. Imagine the awkwardness of meeting HER in-game!
#AvernusDLCforKarlach

Last edited by NomTheBurritos; 30/11/23 09:21 PM.
stranger
stranger
Yeah. Although

Oh

for sure! Continuing the cigar scene with an equally badass fight and earning that fixed heart with my party's and my bare hands? Yes, please!

However, this would be the bare minimum for me to accept the Avernus ending as the good one and actually resume playing this game.

Originally Posted by NomTheBurritos
TIME TO REEL OVER AND KEEP REQUESTING A PROPER AVERNUS DLC!!

I won't push that button. This is not me saying I wouldn't buy or play that DLC because I sure as hell (pun not intended grin ) would, but I won't insist on it as hard as on the core #JusticeForKarlach stuff. Just get her fixed, I don't care how elaborate the fix is.

Last edited by SynnLee; 30/11/23 09:31 PM. Reason: More replies.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by NomTheBurritos
The setup for
an Avernus DLC is real and there's major talks in the dialogue about us being back sooner rather than later/telling people to keep their place ready for us because we will be back soon.
Either way, GANG! TIME TO REEL OVER AND KEEP REQUESTING A PROPER AVERNUS DLC!! Since this epilogue is a canon event 6 months post-game, the likelihood of them adding anything into the game that changes the dialogue for said epilogue (giving them even more work to do, in a patch they just released) is rather unlikely. But what is likely is everything they seeded, planted and watered throughout the entire epilogue section. Whether you play as Origin Karlach, romance her or let her go back to Avernus with Wyll, there's always a choice for whom to play in the DLC.

Hell, even Flo as a lead in is mentioned. Imagine the awkwardness of meeting HER in-game!
#AvernusDLCforKarlach
This is awsome I hope it's true and they deliver on this hint I definitely want to see the avernus dlc and be there for the cure. I think larian knows this is this is a clear setup for avernus dlc. Maybe zariel related or mizora I think that's how you spell her name

Last edited by mattmcrich; 30/11/23 09:33 PM.
B
apprentice
apprentice
B
if the epilogue is really that hopeful, i guess i have to fulfill the promise to myself and start my first real playthrough (==> taking all companions to camp and give their quests a good ending/the best possible ending.)

if im allowed to derail the thread for a short time and ask 2 questions in terms of companion endings:

1.) does laetel have a good ending if i dont let karlach become a mindflayer? i know that orpheus volunteer, but is that a good ending for laezel?

2.) i had every companion in my core party atleast til act 2 except gale, who always lost his hand... anyways since i have no experience with gales quest, could A) someone tell me if gale has a good ending and B) how to reach it (hints/keywords are fine)?

thank you in advance.

#JusticeForKarlach!
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by Blook88
if the epilogue is really that hopeful, i guess i have to fulfill the promise to myself and start my first real playthrough (==> taking all companions to camp and give their quests a good ending/the best possible ending.)

if im allowed to derail the thread for a short time and ask 2 questions in terms of companion endings:

1.) does laetel have a good ending if i dont let karlach become a mindflayer? i know that orpheus volunteer, but is that a good ending for laezel?

2.) i had every companion in my core party atleast til act 2 except gale, who always lost his hand... anyways since i have no experience with gales quest, could A) someone tell me if gale has a good ending and B) how to reach it (hints/keywords are fine)?

thank you in advance.
Same. I can finally finish my playthroughs that have been sitting in limbo in act 3.

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
While I would love a dlc in avernus with karlach getting her finally fixed on an epic infernal adventure. I wonder how that would work for playthroughs without karlach/ dead karlach or with the netherbain enslaved.

It seems like an odd thing to try to do a post game DLC focused on karlach in a game where theres so many ending options.
(To clarify i would buy it in a heartbeat) but just seems like that would legit be MORE of a challange narrative wise to put in then a mid game dlc or engine fix prior to the end game.

So!!! I'm freshly out of playing the epilogue myself, so can confirm that (spoilers!)
There's a whole bit where Karlach says that they found some blueprints, and also there's a special forge, and it's heavily guarded but she has connections that might help (remember Flo?), so while it is open-ended, she sounds almost confident that Tav and her might well be back to Faerun sooner than they expected even. And you know what? I'll take that! I'll take that very much!

Also despite "sleeping with one eye open" (c) for 6 months Shadowheart still commented that Tav actually looks better than when camping all over the coast, so? Seems like they've been getting by as well as they could laugh

And Withers indeed mentioned that there might be need for us again later. We'll see if that's a DLC or just a cheeky nod at the possible future games (see Jaheira). The overall vibe of the epilogue itself seemed rather final, I will say.

Originally Posted by Blook88

thank you in advance.

I'll answer with minor spoilers concerning both characters.

1. I had Orpheus become the mindflayer and then killed him as he asked. Lae'zel basically takes his place in this case (or you can convince her to stay). I let her go and she seemed to be doing pretty good and confident in the epilogue, smiling even. A lot. And planning to be back once her revolution is done.

2. In short, I've been butting heads with Gale the whole game to get him to drop his hubris and see worth in himself. Somewhat successfully. Once again, he seemed to be doing pretty damn well in my epilogue! So yes, there is.

[Linked Image from tarraxahum.neocities.org]
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by Norrec69
While I would love a dlc in avernus with karlach getting her finally fixed on an epic infernal adventure. I wonder how that would work for playthroughs without karlach/ dead karlach or with the netherbain enslaved.

It seems like an odd thing to try to do a post game DLC focused on karlach in a game where theres so many ending options.
(To clarify i would buy it in a heartbeat) but just seems like that would legit be MORE of a challange narrative wise to put in then a mid game dlc or engine fix prior to the end game.
It could be you go avernus for some seperate reason entirely( devil invasion or something) and then karlachs forge heart thing is an optional thing like the adamantine forge in the underdark.

Page 134 of 156 1 2 132 133 134 135 136 155 156

Link Copied to Clipboard