Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 135 of 157 1 2 133 134 135 136 137 156 157
B
apprentice
apprentice
B
@tarraxahum thank you for your answer. could you elaborate more about gales path? maybe some lets call them major/important plotpoints in gales story that lead to the good ending.

#JusticeForKarlach!
Originally Posted by Blook88
if the epilogue is really that hopeful, i guess i have to fulfill the promise to myself and start my first real playthrough (==> taking all companions to camp and give their quests a good ending/the best possible ending.)

if im allowed to derail the thread for a short time and ask 2 questions in terms of companion endings:

1.) does laetel have a good ending if i dont let karlach become a mindflayer? i know that orpheus volunteer, but is that a good ending for laezel?

2.) i had every companion in my core party atleast til act 2 except gale, who always lost his hand... anyways since i have no experience with gales quest, could A) someone tell me if gale has a good ending and B) how to reach it (hints/keywords are fine)?

thank you in advance.

1) Yeah, Lae'zel can still get her good ending, illithid Orpheus or not. IMO, it's better if Orpheus becomes a mindflayer. Not saying that because I don't like Karlach as mindflayer but because it puts Lae'zel in a ... much stronger position. Hope that makes sense.

2)He does have a good ending too but I don't know how to explain without spoiling it lmao. I'd say..... keep him level headed. Don't let him have big dreams. If that helps, lol. Someone here might know better as I haven't actually tried to see the other outcomes for Gale to decide which ending is best for him.

Originally Posted by Norrec69
While I would love a dlc in avernus with karlach getting her finally fixed on an epic infernal adventure. I wonder how that would work for playthroughs without karlach/ dead karlach or with the netherbain enslaved.

It seems like an odd thing to try to do a post game DLC focused on karlach in a game where theres so many ending options.
(To clarify i would buy it in a heartbeat) but just seems like that would legit be MORE of a challange narrative wise to put in then a mid game dlc or engine fix prior to the end game.

They could still have the Avernus dlc, just make it so that having Karlach is a bonus. The dlc doesn't have to be only Karlach related. It could be a whole different story but a side quest for Karlach if you do have her with you. Much like in the base game, you can do the companion quests without said companion present.

Edit: wow someone beat me to it already. laezelapprove

Last edited by WildOrchid; 30/11/23 10:00 PM.
old hand
old hand
So, based on what is said in the epilogue, it doesn’t seem like they’re planning to incorporate a fix for Karlach’s heart into the base game. They just dropped this patch and it’s supposed to be a final goodbye, and you have all of this hopeful dialogue from Karlach where her heart isn’t fixed yet, but could be soon. It sounds like they’re doubling down on her existing endings, and trying to show more clearly that the Avernus ending IS her good ending.

So personally, I wouldn’t expect to see any expansion within the base game. This does make the existence of enriched infernal iron, for one, very perplexing. But I am okay with them doubling down on her endings at this point, because they’ve made more of a compelling case that the Avernus ending is in fact her good ending.

Last edited by Ecc2ca; 30/11/23 10:12 PM.
G4RIIK Offline OP
OP Offline
So, that news from the epilogue is pretty awesome huh?

Here we are, a few months later.

I'd love to see expansions for BG3, given the potential GOTY victory in the future, but, I'm glad to have lead this spearhead forward on multiple fronts, we built a sign big enough and Larian listened.

Been a long ride, but its nice to be at ease, right?!

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by G4RIIK

Here we are, a few months later.

I'd love to see expansions for BG3, given the potential GOTY victory in the future, but, I'm glad to have lead this spearhead forward on multiple fronts, we built a sign big enough and Larian listened.

Been a long ride, but its nice to be at ease, right?!
I'm glad I can go to avernus without seeing it as a death sentence but I'm still looking at the epilogues as a lead in to a dlc or DE content that will incorporate a fix for karlachs engine in the next year or so. So glad we got this win though its a huge step in the right direction glad I've been here for it so far.

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Good points! I guess that would work. If do then i welcome it !

Well, if a DLC like that happens, it would definitely be super cool, can't say no to that! But also, for now,
I think seeing my girls smiling and laughing and talking about having a pretty substantial plan righted something in the chemistry of my brain that had been askew ever since I've read the ending spoilers back in August. Seeing all our friends happy and even making plans with some of them definitely helped as well.
Thank you, Larian. Even if this is indeed the end of the story, I can leave it with a smile now, I think.

Originally Posted by Blook88
@tarraxahum thank you for your answer. could you elaborate more about gales path? maybe some lets call them major/important plotpoints in gales story that lead to the good ending.

Well, for me, I 1. didn't let him detonate, obviously, 2. the whole way I was telling him that Mystra ain't shit and he's worth more than what he can do or whatever, and 3. when he started talking about a certain crown I was politely and friendly shutting him down with a "DON'T". Seemed to have worked!

Originally Posted by Ecc2ca
This does make the existence of enriched infernal iron, for one, very perplexing.

My backpack that's full of it shall forever be a monument to my determination (and desperation)! x)

Last edited by tarraxahum; 30/11/23 10:29 PM.

[Linked Image from tarraxahum.neocities.org]
stranger
stranger
Are we there, though? Did we get it... finally?

If what Nessius has said here is true, then definitely. However, Ecc2ca made me doubt hyping this patch with their post. Maybe my reading comprehension isn't that great.

Last edited by SynnLee; 30/11/23 10:37 PM. Reason: Oops.

Erm, given that I've made this account for this purpose primarily... #JusticeForKarlach!
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by tarraxahum
Well, if a DLC like that happens, it would definitely be super cool, can't say no to that! But also, for now,
I think seeing my girls smiling and laughing and talking about having a pretty substantial plan righted something in the chemistry of my brain that had been askew ever since I've read the ending spoilers back in August. Seeing all our friends happy and even making plans with some of them definitely helped as well.
Thank you, Larian. Even if this is indeed the end of the story, I can leave it with a smile now, I think.

assuming what ive heard about the epilogues is true with withers cryptic message and the forge in avernus and with staff at larian teasing an into avernus dlc its pretty likely we'll see something that will lead to a permeant fix. it might be a year but thats whatever really, it seems like this is a nice ribbon and theyre teasing more content to come with a fix for karlachs engine being teased. atleast to me. im kinda hyped about all this news right now tbh

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by SynnLee
Are we there, finally?

If what Nessius has said here here is true, then definitely. However, Ecc2ca is casting some doubts on that with their post.

i think theyre both right. the notes and stuff in the epilogues in my mind is definitely teasing a fix for her engine but it will likely be in an into avernus style dlc. ive seen some larian employees teasing that out recently and withers statements lead me to believe thats what theyre going for. so no not in the base game but a dlc or DE expansion type thing is still on the table in my mind

old hand
old hand
Thanks, yeah, I meant that I don’t think they will add a fix for her within the base game, based on the epilogue content, but I still think there’s a possibility that they could do an expansion separate from the game.

stranger
stranger

A kind soul has uploaded the new Karlach epilogue on YouTube. It definitely gives some hope, it no longer seems like a death sentence, but still didn't directly unfold into Karlach fixing her heart.

Still not the happy ending I wanted, but we're slowly trundling there.

Last edited by SynnLee; 30/11/23 10:53 PM.

Erm, given that I've made this account for this purpose primarily... #JusticeForKarlach!
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
Im gonna be a downer for a second and say as nice as the new epilogue is, i wouldnt say it fixed the biggest problem with karlach, mainly that she still lacks a proper questline and different endings that the other origin characters get (aside from wyll who got screwed over by larian almost as much as karlach lol). Making the avernus ending seem more hopeful now is nice i guess, but it doesnt fix how much of a downer act 3 is for me due to the game not allowing us to help karlach at All.

The hints dropped in the epilogue definitely make me hope they release an avernus questline, preferrably as a free update since selling a proper, well-deserved questline for karlach as a dlc would feel pretty scummy.

While I would love a dlc in avernus with karlach getting her finally fixed on an epic infernal adventure. I wonder how that would work for playthroughs without karlach/ dead karlach or with the netherbain enslaved.

It seems like an odd thing to try to do a post game DLC focused on karlach in a game where theres so many ending options.
(To clarify i would buy it in a heartbeat) but just seems like that would legit be MORE of a challange narrative wise to put in then a mid game dlc or engine fix prior to the end game.

Dragon age origins had a dlc that took place post-endgame that revolved around looking for a certain companion. Some players never kept this companion in their party to the end, and some even had their main character die in the final battle, yet bioware still decided to make this dlc. In fact this dlc was mostly made for people who romanced this companion since they wanted to know what happened to them after finishing the main game.
Obviously karlachs situation is a bit more complicated but its still possible to have a dlc focus on just one character. I would argue in karlachs case its necessary she gets a fleshed out questline and adventure to make up for the offensively lackluster and linear questline she has in the game now, but i guess we'll see if it ever happens. The epilogue does give me hope though!

My soul now knows peace.

ALSO! AVERNUS DLC MAYBE?????????????????????????????????

Last edited by Walking Kole; 30/11/23 10:55 PM.

They don't have to make the whole DLC revolve around Karlach. Heck, she doesn't even need to be the main focus. Her raid on the forge could be one small questline from a much larger narrative down there that involves the entire gang.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by Walking Kole
My soul now knows peace.

ALSO! AVERNUS DLC MAYBE?????????????????????????????????
looks like its on the table. heres hoping!

Originally Posted by SynnLee

A kind soul has uploaded the new Karlach epilogue on YouTube. Well, it's so-so. It definitely gives some hope, it no longer seems like a death sentence, but still didn't directly unfold into Karlach fixing her heart.

I mean, yeah,
it's an open ending. But it's hopeful and sounds pretty damn optimistic, which I think is good. They seem to have the blueprints and they know where the forge is, even may have potential help getting there. That's like, one well-done hustle away from what could very well be a permanent ticket home. Maybe two well-done hustles. They are good at those! laugh

I honestly didn't really think that fixing it on-screen in an epilogue (or behind the scenes BEFORE the epilogue) would be a good choice narratively. Giving a clear sign that they're close and optimistic about it? I think that works nicely, with or without a DLC. That's a nice progress to achieve in 6 months while fighting for your life. Give them a few more, they'll be fine wink

[Linked Image from tarraxahum.neocities.org]
I
stranger
stranger
I
Well, if a DLC like that happens, it would definitely be super cool, can't say no to that! But also, for now…

I’m with you here, sister.

I’d really like more, but you know what? If we can get a DLC or DE by 2025, I’d have no problem waiting specifically because of this epilogue, and nothing else. No rush now.

I second those thanks to Larian. I think they listened.

#JusticeForKarlach
Originally Posted by mattmcrich

assuming what ive heard about the epilogues is true with withers cryptic message and the forge in avernus and with staff at larian teasing an into avernus dlc its pretty likely we'll see something that will lead to a permeant fix. it might be a year but thats whatever really, it seems like this is a nice ribbon and theyre teasing more content to come with a fix for karlachs engine being teased. atleast to me. im kinda hyped about all this news right now tbh

Can you source me some of those teases?

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by Walking Kole
Originally Posted by mattmcrich

Can you source me some of those teases?
im not well versed on how to use commands in the chat on forums but 1 or 2 pages back they talked about the epilogues.
the epilogues that i saw talked about had an avernus forge found that could craft a better heart/engine for karlach somewhere in the hells. withers says that he may have need of you sooner rather than later as well as some other on here who said larian staff posted about an avernus dlc. i dont know how true that last one is.
thats what ive heard someone above posted the karlach epilogue but i havent watched it to clear it up i want to see it first hand for my self. it seems likely theyre setting up an avernus based dlc, maybe something to do with elturel and the tieflings or something about a demon or devil invasion with karlachs heart mission being a side quest to this new threat.

Last edited by mattmcrich; 30/11/23 11:10 PM.
Page 135 of 157 1 2 133 134 135 136 137 156 157

Link Copied to Clipboard