Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT regarding Update #5 enabling Minthara to be recruited while siding with Halsin and Zevlor;

cheerMinthara will still appear in ACT II if she was knocked out in Act Icheer

• When you are ready to wipe out the entire Goblin camp; in order to recruit Minthara you have to first make her Temporarily Hostile by committing a crime next to her and then non-lethally knock her out. Despite the journal mentioning she died, continue to slaughter everyone in the Goblin camp in order to save the Tieflings and the Grove.
  • Once you eventually reach ACT II with everyone saved; Minthara can be found in Moonrise Towers being judged by General Ketheric Thorm where you can recruit her. She and Halsin will both be chilling at camp after she's been rescued.
  • DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES knock Minthara out without the TEMPORARILY HOSTILE tag, otherwise she will not spawn in ACT II.

Am so happy Larian listened and made wonderful Minthara available to everyone now. Despite the currently raw and basic implementation of her recruitment, having her in ACT 2 makes the overall experience so much more fulfilling and content packed and here's hoping to future improvements which would seamlessly integrate her with everyone, along with her having her own spot in camp so it's not shared with Halsin ^^

Thank you Larian!
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Incase anyone wants a straightforward how-to video;

old hand
old hand
That tent is certainly an upgrade from your backpack, or wherever else you were keeping her

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Ecc2ca
That tent is certainly an upgrade from your backpack, or wherever else you were keeping her

Hahah the camp chest grin

Great news. Time to finally use the Tav that has been sitting in the nautiloid for months.

stranger
stranger
Kinda cool that I'll finally get to see some of her content. I didn't like any of the options to recruit her before. (especially yeeting her sheep form into moonrise tower,) that sounded way too much work for a companion I was not all that interested in.

old hand
old hand
Well, looks like I have some fun new content to look forward to. Time to start my new playthrough

addict
Online Content
addict
Personally, I think you will still miss the "real spirit" of Minthara companion if you don't go evil. Will she remain her haughty, superior and evil drow aspect if you recruit her this way ? Or will she just become a goody Drow palladin, not Minthara anymore. If it's the first option, she will disaprove of any good decision you make. If it's the second, well, then it's not Minthara you recruited. Just my feeling.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Got no clue honestly, but she's perfect the way she is and I'm thrilled to find out myself. A glorious day for Minthy! grin

old hand
old hand
Huh? What? I'm going over the patch notes and I don't see anything, is this as intended or a bug?

Knock her out and... do what? Kill the other two? Talk to Halsin with her knocked out? I'm looking to restart a Karlach run on Honour Mode, this would be fantastic.

Fear my wrath, for it is great indeed.
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Listed in the Patch #5 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.4061076;
  • Minthara will still appear at Moonrise Towers if she was knocked out in Act I.

As for how to recruit her;

• Commit a crime in front of her when you're ready to annihilate the camp
  • Knock her out
  • Kill everyone else
  • And then just talk to Halsin, do the party and continue the story ^^

old hand
old hand
Awesome stuff! Thanks for the quick reply!

Fear my wrath, for it is great indeed.
stranger
stranger
Oh Goody...

I've already knocked her out two times in my current playthrough...

I was following the Sheep~thara method and knocked her out BEFORE I talked to Halsin. Then After talking to Halsin, me having her knocked out prior made it so I didn't fulfill the "Quest" from Halsin. So I had to bonk her a second time.

And now it looks like I'll have to bonk her again. I just hope her Tadpole is still functional afterwards ROFL!

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by Crimsomrider
Listed in the Patch #5 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.4061076;
  • Minthara will still appear at Moonrise Towers if she was knocked out in Act I.

As for how to recruit her;

• Commit a crime in front of her when you're ready to annihilate the camp
  • Knock her out
  • Kill everyone else
  • And then just talk to Halsin, do the party and continue the story ^^
A part of me was kind of hoping we'd be able to do something like knock her out during the grove raid or something, the "temporarily hostile" part feels a bit like the exploit for you know who with Dark Urge. Not that I'm complaining, I'm happy to have Minthara without genocide or actively ignoring a major part of act 1, I just really like the whole thing with siding the tieflings during the raid but Minthara is someone I'm really interested in interacting with compared to Halsin.

Last edited by Chant to Green; 01/12/23 12:45 AM.
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Yeah that is probably coming in the future or it is simply bugged at the moment despite the patch notes.

Because logically the most natural setting to knock out Minthara would be either during the raid or after provoking her. But for some reason her being fully hostile still has her being treated as a disposable NPC that gets despawned afterwards.

Really hoping Larian keeps improving this now that they opened Pandora's box because thousands and thousands of fans all over social media are jumping with joy from the news, showing just how much she is wanted grin

I
journeyman
journeyman
I
Sorry I would just like to clarify this,

So you can recruit both her and Halsin?

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Yup, both will be chilling at camp together ^^

B
old hand
old hand
B
Why recruit such an evil person, with countless crimes and atrocities to her name, if you are GOOD?

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Buba68
Why recruit such an evil person, with countless crimes and atrocities to her name, if you are GOOD?

Because there's a whole vast of gray between 'moral, good pure hero' and 'murderhobo evil'. If you're playing a good hero character you probably don't want Minthara, Astarion and Lae'zel in your party. If you're playing an evil character you probably don't want Wyll, Karlach and Halsin in your party.

The ability to knock her out and still save the Grove, and then recruit her at Moonrise later on is meant for the large number of players who want to play in the wonderful gray areas between those two extremes. You're not forced to recruit her, you can still kill her. You can still raid the Grove too, if you want.

Also, you know, gotta catch 'em all.

A
A

Will there be any new dialogue for them? Or more reactions from Minthara in a good playthrough?

I
journeyman
journeyman
I

oooooh that's interesting. Thank you!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard