Originally Posted by kanisatha
Originally Posted by Seramina
Originally Posted by Buba68
Why recruit such an evil person, with countless crimes and atrocities to her name, if you are GOOD?

Because there's a whole vast of gray between 'moral, good pure hero' and 'murderhobo evil'. If you're playing a good hero character you probably don't want Minthara, Astarion and Lae'zel in your party. If you're playing an evil character you probably don't want Wyll, Karlach and Halsin in your party.

The ability to knock her out and still save the Grove, and then recruit her at Moonrise later on is meant for the large number of players who want to play in the wonderful gray areas between those two extremes. You're not forced to recruit her, you can still kill her. You can still raid the Grove too, if you want.

Also, you know, gotta catch 'em all.
But the thread is about recruiting her while a *good* player, so ...?

Yes? You can play a good character that will want to recruit Minthara and she will fit your playstyle. Sure, she probably won't be your best friend, but if you want to play as someone who is a good character but dips into the gray area a bit, she can work on your team. Hence why I pointed out that there are playstyles other than pure hero who does nothing but good things and murderhobo evil. A morally good hero type might not want her, but an overall good character with some shades of gray? Sure why not. It's a matter of how you rp your character and what they'll put up with.

Of course we might also be defining "good" differently here. I look at it being more of a "didn't raid the Grove" thing here -- which I'm sure we can all agree fits more in an actually evil playthrough than anything -- than "play the entire game as a morally good hero". So yes now you can be a good character and still have her on your team. As to why you'd want her... well she maybe a war criminal, but she's also in the same boat as you and willing to join you, and she's skilled. If you're more pragmatic good, you could see that she'll have her uses without wanting to make her your new bestie.