Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 136 of 157 1 2 134 135 136 137 138 156 157
If the epilogue implies a continuation of Karlach's story in a dlc, I say bring it on Larian. I'm ready.

The dlc is a perfect way to give Karlach her much needed content and a nice fix - something all Karlach fans would love to see.

Originally Posted by mattmcrich
im not well versed on how to use commands in the chat on forums but 1 or 2 pages back they talked about the epilogues.
the epilogues that i saw talked about had an avernus forge found that could craft a better heart/engine for karlach somewhere in the hells. withers says that he may have need of you sooner rather than later as well as some other on here who said larian staff posted about an avernus dlc. i dont know how true that last one is.
thats what ive heard someone above posted the karlach epilogue but i havent watched it to clear it up i want to see it first hand for my self. it seems likely theyre setting up an avernus based dlc, maybe something to do with elturel and the tieflings or something about a demon or devil invasion with karlachs heart mission being a side quest to this new threat.

I was curious about the staff hinting at a particular DLC. I thought you might have some Tweets or something, but I'll ask the others in that case. Thank you!

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by Walking Kole
im not well versed on how to use commands in the chat on forums but 1 or 2 pages back they talked about the epilogues.
the epilogues that i saw talked about had an avernus forge found that could craft a better heart/engine for karlach somewhere in the hells. withers says that he may have need of you sooner rather than later as well as some other on here who said larian staff posted about an avernus dlc. i dont know how true that last one is.
thats what ive heard someone above posted the karlach epilogue but i havent watched it to clear it up i want to see it first hand for my self. it seems likely theyre setting up an avernus based dlc, maybe something to do with elturel and the tieflings or something about a demon or devil invasion with karlachs heart mission being a side quest to this new threat.

I was curious about the staff hinting at a particular DLC. I thought you might have some Tweets or something, but I'll ask the others in that case. Thank you!
https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=925887#Post925887
thats the post that spoke about larian staff talking about it and hinting at it if youre interested its under their second spoiler tag. sorry for not grabbing it earlier

I don't think the staff was hinting at anything, unless you mean that the things that were said in the epilogue in of itself sound like a hint.

In which case, I honestly think it's just as well works as just an open ending. We're big boys girls and pals, we can put two and two together ourselves.

Together with
Withers's cryptic promise of us being needed again later
, however, it also may be a hint. I'm not ruling that possibility out, I just think we should see it as a theory, not a definite promise!

We shall see! I'm always down to be optimistic, but I also don't want to be like "Okay, more when???" immediately after receiving such a heartfelt conclusion (to the game as a whole I mean, with everyone) x)

Last edited by tarraxahum; 30/11/23 11:39 PM. Reason: spoiler tagssss

[Linked Image from tarraxahum.neocities.org]
thats the post that spoke about larian staff talking about it and hinting at it if youre interested its under their second spoiler tag. sorry for not grabbing it earlier

Thanks! Doesn't seem like Nom was referring to the staff, tho. More so the dialogue itself.

But like @tarraxahum said, Withers' cryptic line is as good a hint as we'll get for now.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M

Thanks! Doesn't seem like Nom was referring to the staff, tho. More so the dialogue itself.

But like @tarraxahum said, Withers' cryptic line is as good a hint as we'll get for now.
My bad then I must've misread the post my bad. But you're right I think the in game hints are really strong already. I'm very happy with what larian did this patch giving karlach fans hope was a nice bone to throw us but I'm still hoping we will get a definite cure by the end

This might not be a hint, but we do have confirmation that the team isn't done yet with the game:

When asked about post-launch expansion plans for Baldur’s Gate 3, Larian Studio’s senior product manager, Tom Butler, said the team “want to do more” with the hit RPG, but what that looks like is still uncertain.

“We’ll carry on patching for a while and then we’re all going to take a holiday and then we’ll figure out what we do next,” Butler said in an interview with IGN. That holiday would be well-deserved after the game’s acclaimed launch and the three years of early access before that. “But at the moment,” Butler continued, “we genuinely have discussions. We want to do more. We don’t know what yet.”

Source.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
This might not be a hint, but we do have confirmation that the team isn't done yet with the game:

When asked about post-launch expansion plans for Baldur’s Gate 3, Larian Studio’s senior product manager, Tom Butler, said the team “want to do more” with the hit RPG, but what that looks like is still uncertain.

“We’ll carry on patching for a while and then we’re all going to take a holiday and then we’ll figure out what we do next,” Butler said in an interview with IGN. That holiday would be well-deserved after the game’s acclaimed launch and the three years of early access before that. “But at the moment,” Butler continued, “we genuinely have discussions. We want to do more. We don’t know what yet.”

Source.
I'll take that as my best Christmas gift along with the epilogues that's good enough for me to keep hoping personally

apprentice
apprentice
Hey, everybody, I'm here again. I'm very much afraid of spoilers. Without spoilers, is there anything I can do with the Karlach engine?

Originally Posted by Vincke Game God
Hey, everybody, I'm here again. I'm very much afraid of spoilers. Without spoilers, is there anything I can do with the Karlach engine?

Hey! Phrasing it as non-spoilery as I can: you, the player, in the game - no, but there's now a much stronger implication that the characters, eventually, might well be able to.

Whether that's just an optimistic open ending or a hint at any continuation is up for theorizing.

Last edited by tarraxahum; 01/12/23 11:56 AM.

[Linked Image from tarraxahum.neocities.org]
N
journeyman
journeyman
N
Is it just me, or is anyone else left with a bittersweet taste in their mouths? In a way, they managed to polish their own "happier"ending of choice into a much better one. Avernus ending feels better, plays better, good one Larian.

But to still not know whether they'll ever implement any changes to act 3 and ever let us actually use Dammon, Gondians and all the stuff in the late game; it stings? Maybe I'm just bitter. Maybe I'd hoped for more. With rhis patch, it feels almost as finite as Citadel was for Mass Effect's trilogy.

Will there be more patches that edit other things than bugs and mishaps? Will they ever properly fix Minthara and the lines with Halsin people have complained so heavily about? I don't know.

Maybe someone here will call me a sore loser who can't be happy with what I got. And believe me, I truly love everything this patch offers! Hats off to the crew!! But I'm not...satisfied with this one thing. I really, still, feel we should be able to fix her within the bounds of the game. Or at least, if they really want to die on the hill that is their precious Avernus ending (and "no happy endings are ever guaranteed"), then let us pick up where they do post-epilogue.

Anyone else? Feels like Reddit and Twitter exploded with OMG BEST ENDING EVER WOO WAR IS WON LARIAN THE GOAT everywhere I look

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by NomTheBurritos
Is it just me, or is anyone else left with a bittersweet taste in their mouths? In a way, they managed to polish their own "happier"ending of choice into a much better one. Avernus ending feels better, plays better, good one Larian.

But to still not know whether they'll ever implement any changes to act 3 and ever let us actually use Dammon, Gondians and all the stuff in the late game; it stings? Maybe I'm just bitter. Maybe I'd hoped for more. With rhis patch, it feels almost as finite as Citadel was for Mass Effect's trilogy.

Will there be more patches that edit other things than bugs and mishaps? Will they ever properly fix Minthara and the lines with Halsin people have complained so heavily about? I don't know.

Maybe someone here will call me a sore loser who can't be happy with what I got. And believe me, I truly love everything this patch offers! Hats off to the crew!! But I'm not...satisfied with this one thing. I really, still, feel we should be able to fix her within the bounds of the game. Or at least, if they really want to die on the hill that is their precious Avernus ending (and "no happy endings are ever guaranteed"), then let us pick up where they do post-epilogue.

Anyone else? Feels like Reddit and Twitter exploded with OMG BEST ENDING EVER WOO WAR IS WON LARIAN THE GOAT everywhere I look
It's annoying they left the gondians, dammon, and the enriched infernal iron on the table just as a huge glaring plot hole. It makes act 3 look bad as a result imo and makes the characters and companions callous and cruel for not even trying options that should be able to save karlach. That being said from the rumors I've seen it sounds like larian is setting up future content that could resolve karlachs engine and give us a true happy ending for the big red cinnamon roll. Maybe I'm over hyping it, maybe I'm being ungrateful but to me the battle isn't won. We got a major win no doubt and I'll praise larian for it but as it stands act 3 has plot holes all over the place for karlach ( aswell as others I'm sure I've just been hyper away of hers) and it hurts alot just having to say well maybe in a dlc or maybe in the DE. you're not the only one it likely felt similar after the first avernus ending was dropped.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
i agree. while this patch is great and i enjoy the epilogue (watched on yt). right now i would be happy of larian announce, that there will be no fix in act 3 but instead a solution in a future dlc. but yes, its too early to call it a "victory/war won", its more like "we won a battle, but not the war".

#JusticeForKarlach!
A
old hand
old hand
A
I was beyond delighted, when I opened my Gale-Origin file yesterday to hop over to the party and I could interact with Karlach on the docks! Blessed Mystra seems to have bestowed a rare minute of patience on Gale. Unfortunately, wenn I opened my older Astarion-Origin, the line-up order wasn't affected and things still got too hot.

I was wondering, if that was the fault of my old save file or is it still not possible to send her with Wyll when playing Astarion-Origin with a spawn ending?

Last edited by Anska; 01/12/23 05:11 PM.
N
journeyman
journeyman
N
I've noticed that despite the additions of new dialogue here and there and some smoothing, they haven't actually changed the base game to any real degree. They've added things certainly, with the epilogues and now Minthara for good playthroughs and companion reactivity etc. But no new quests have been added, the story beats are the same, and the game still goes the way it goes.

Which is striking because the game has lots of plot holes. Karlach is arguably not even the most egregious. The ending is still a mess, lots of quests are still strangely paced, and there are still dangling plot threads. I'm guessing that IF they add a fix for Karlach in game (and that if gets bigger after the epilogues are out), it'll come when Act 3 gets smoothed over for the DE. Frankly, I'm okay with what we got. All I really wanted was to know that everything was going to be okay for Karlach and Tav, and things seem to be quite okay thank you very much.

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
Yea i mentioned this earlier in this thread already, but im also not safisfied with this being a final conclusion to karlachs story. Act 3 still feels stupid for not allowing us to do anything for karlach, and i still cant see myself replaying the game due to how depressing her situation gets in act 3. Imho even if the epilogue told us they found a cure for karlach i would still feel slightly bitter because i dont want that story to play out off screen lmao, she deserves a proper questline goddammit.

Aside from an avernus quest i also hope larian can add some dialogue in act 3 where we can convince karlach about going to avernus, just so the avernus ending doesnt feel as abrubt as it does now. Any dialogue that explains WHY we cant cure her and have to go avernus would also be nice. Top priority for me is of course to get some form of avernus quest update/dlc, anything else with karlach is extra.

Seems like they've decided to commit to the mess they left of what are clearly quest threads for her in Act 3 that can't be explored at all. Deeply unfortunate.

Theoretically if there really were an Avernus DLC for her, while it would be WAY more work to account for the state of her engine if it were fixable when going into such a DLC, it would make for a lot of fun narrative variation if you could go in with a fixed engine or without one. That is EXTREMELY theoretical though, they've not sounded super interested in making additional content around our current party members.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by lemontree
Yea i mentioned this earlier in this thread already, but im also not safisfied with this being a final conclusion to karlachs story. Act 3 still feels stupid for not allowing us to do anything for karlach, and i still cant see myself replaying the game due to how depressing her situation gets in act 3. Imho even if the epilogue told us they found a cure for karlach i would still feel slightly bitter because i dont want that story to play out off screen lmao, she deserves a proper questline goddammit.

Aside from an avernus quest i also hope larian can add some dialogue in act 3 where we can convince karlach about going to avernus, just so the avernus ending doesnt feel as abrubt as it does now. Any dialogue that explains WHY we cant cure her and have to go avernus would also be nice. Top priority for me is of course to get some form of avernus quest update/dlc, anything else with karlach is extra.
Not to get into spoilers but
the epilogues do say they found a cure. From my understanding atleast I haven't watch the YouTube videos on it. And withers hits pretty strongly at more stuff coming in the future I think he says sooner rather than later in fact. To me atleast that means we get a karlach ending with that forge in a dlc or expansion that has us going down into avernus for one reason or another
that's just my opinion tho and I'm 100% on your side in act 3 shafting karlach with 0 options or dialogue on her cure just a lot of depressing lines about how short her time is and how much she wants to stay in baldurs gate with tav. It's imo just depressing for the sake of being depressing there's alot of outs that the game just forces us to ignore. I'm hoping a future dlc, expansion, or DE content will just let me fix the fucking engine one way or another dammon or not idc

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by Auric
Seems like they've decided to commit to the mess they left of what are clearly quest threads for her in Act 3 that can't be explored at all. Deeply unfortunate.

Theoretically if there really were an Avernus DLC for her, while it would be WAY more work to account for the state of her engine if it were fixable when going into such a DLC, it would make for a lot of fun narrative variation if you could go in with a fixed engine or without one. That is EXTREMELY theoretical though, they've not sounded super interested in making additional content around our current party members.
There was an ign interview someone posted on here recently where larian devs said specifically they want to make more content for bg3 after the holidays and there are serious talks about whay that means. They even said back in September that dlc isn't off the table for bg3 which is wild for larian as a company. That combined with
withers strong hints and the note in the epilogue about a forge in avernus
I'm very confident we will see a definite fix for her. Whether that's dlc, or de is anyone's guess tho

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
Not to get into spoilers but
the epilogues do say they found a cure. From my understanding atleast I haven't watch the YouTube videos on it. And withers hits pretty strongly at more stuff coming in the future I think he says sooner rather than later in fact. To me atleast that means we get a karlach ending with that forge in a dlc or expansion that has us going down into avernus for one reason or another
that's just my opinion tho and I'm 100% on your side in act 3 shafting karlach with 0 options or dialogue on her cure just a lot of depressing lines about how short her time is and how much she wants to stay in baldurs gate with tav. It's imo just depressing for the sake of being depressing there's alot of outs that the game just forces us to ignore. I'm hoping a future dlc, expansion, or DE content will just let me fix the fucking engine one way or another dammon or not idc

I think the epilogue had karlach/wyll mention they found a lead to curing karlach (something about blueprints/a forge that they have to get into but its heavily guarded so they need help etc), which is essentially the same thing as them finding a cure lol. Larian just wanted to leave the story open-ended in case they ever feel like adding an avernus quest/making a dlc, which is understandable but its still frustrating that we dont know 100 % if karlachs quest will ever get polished

Page 136 of 157 1 2 134 135 136 137 138 156 157

Link Copied to Clipboard