Originally Posted by lemontree
Originally Posted by mattmcrich
Not to get into spoilers but
the epilogues do say they found a cure. From my understanding atleast I haven't watch the YouTube videos on it. And withers hits pretty strongly at more stuff coming in the future I think he says sooner rather than later in fact. To me atleast that means we get a karlach ending with that forge in a dlc or expansion that has us going down into avernus for one reason or another
that's just my opinion tho and I'm 100% on your side in act 3 shafting karlach with 0 options or dialogue on her cure just a lot of depressing lines about how short her time is and how much she wants to stay in baldurs gate with tav. It's imo just depressing for the sake of being depressing there's alot of outs that the game just forces us to ignore. I'm hoping a future dlc, expansion, or DE content will just let me fix the fucking engine one way or another dammon or not idc

I think the epilogue had karlach/wyll mention they found a lead to curing karlach (something about blueprints/a forge that they have to get into but its heavily guarded so they need help etc), which is essentially the same thing as them finding a cure lol. Larian just wanted to leave the story open-ended in case they ever feel like adding an avernus quest/making a dlc, which is understandable but its still frustrating that we dont know 100 % if karlachs quest will ever get polished
you're right I wish they would and it sucks they left so many plot holes since this does feel like them settling on act 3 imo.however the letter about the forge combined with withers message about needing them again to me atleast says there's an avernus dlc in the works or DE related content for avernus. Maybe you need to stop zariel from invading or something since she might see a weakened sword coast as prime for an infernal invasion. You'd be able to do karlachs forge on the side so those who killed her or let her burn out or mindflayer won't see it as a pointless dlc. Just a thought