In Act 2 Minthara's sole responsibility for leading them is made explicit though I suppose that's a little metagame-y. Act 1 does have pretty strong hints toward that on its own, but fair that any given Tav may not interpret it that way (my Gith Tav certainly doesn't see much difference). Ragzlin and Gut not being recruitable in general is its own discussion that I don't think is fair to compare to this situation with Minthara since she already has the companion treatment and they don't. That said, Ragzlin and Gut don't give you the leeway to discuss and find things out the way Minthara briefly does. Trying to explore diplomacy with Gut eventually leads to a fight and Ragzlin isn't interested at all. Only Minthara sees any particular use in delegating with you. Current implementation for recruiting her on a "good path" campaign is understandably clumsy, it was the fastest easiest way to make this possible. But in my eyes I don't see a good way to have even approached anything similar with Gut or Ragzlin, because I don't see them ever being convinced to break away from the goblins/absolute without significant writing changes.