Originally Posted by Zentu
Originally Posted by Eclipse619
And noticed how the sexualization is called out for BG3, but no one has address how BG3 goes into the grotesque violence area as well.

And yes, the romance and sexuality aspect of the game is every bit as central to BG3. You and others may not believe so, but there's a reason why one of the most talked about fixes requested in this game is fixes for and more hugs and kisses.

This conversation just highlights the conclusion that violence is viewed as much more necessary than sexuality, hell, I think I even remember reading about this in psychology class. I have to look it up.

I see your point and your not wrong. When we played DnD over the years there was always one person in the group that wanted to be the "evil" character and would kill, literally for the sake of the kill. Most of us played "good" characters. There was violence for sure but it was not so indiscriminate. In BG3 there is a path in the game, with rewards for murdering the Tieflings and the Druids. Not because they are a threat or they have defiled a temple, just killing them for killing them. I wanted to understand so I played that path once and I honestly felt like I had to die a little inside to finish it. I stopped that play through right then and will not do an evil play through again.

As for all the discussion about romance in the game. I am becoming a little sad. The main story of the game is finding a way to cure yourself of an Illithid parasite and then to save others from a possible Illithid invasion. Yet it seems like any content effort being added to the game is for romantic, sexual and general knee jerk emotional material. Would have much rather seen an effort to add more content that was applying directly to the main plot.

I bought this game for a DnD adventure and feel like we are getting sword and sorcery fantasying dating simulator.

Oh to clarify, I completely understand your concern, especially since this game is based off of a franchise. I entirely understand why you'd feel disappointed with the direction this game took. If you came into the game with a certain set of expectations, and they took a left field turn into an area that you not only did not expect, but have little interest in, that's bound to be off-putting.

It goes back to my spider man point on how miles fan found SM 2 a good game, while Peter fans view it as game of the year (and it's technically nominated for game of the year.) When you have a certain level of expectation, and they blindside you, well there's likely to be problems lol.

So yeah, I'm not trying to convince you or anyone here that the road Larian took towards BG3 is a net positive for everyone, because that's impossible. I'm only here to give the other side a voice.