Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
I am having a problem on pc, where the characters (except main) in my party and all NPC's just stand still and do nothing for 10-60 seconds, i can move my main character around, but cannot interact with things.
It was not such in act 1, in act 2 there was a little of it, but in act 3 it happens very often, which make the game barely playable. Sometimes it have 2-3 time in 5 minutes. Other times i can play for 10 minutes without this happening.

This is my second play through, and i did not experience this during first play through, so might be patch 4 that causes the problem.

Anyone else had this and have a solution?

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by GSMonkey
I am having a problem on pc, where the characters (except main) in my party and all NPC's just stand still and do nothing for 10-60 seconds, i can move my main character around, but cannot interact with things.
It was not such in act 1, in act 2 there was a little of it, but in act 3 it happens very often, which make the game barely playable. Sometimes it have 2-3 time in 5 minutes. Other times i can play for 10 minutes without this happening.

This is my second play through, and i did not experience this during first play through, so might be patch 4 that causes the problem.

Anyone else had this and have a solution?

The game has been broken for a week, really 3 weeks, but unplayable for a week for most.

No acknowledgment, no fix in sight

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Welcome to the game of the year, super long loading screens, freezes every 10 seconds, no texture loads, bugs, glitches and totally unplayable!

V
Vua Offline
apprentice
apprentice
V
Not a solution but the hangups appear to happen at any of the fast travel locations and areas that auto saved the first time you went through them. The game only saves that first time, but your characters get caught every time you pass through it. Rivington is worse than the lower city, but you're talking degrees of bad here. We also might not all be experiencing it the same way, but this is what I've observed with this current playthrough.

Last edited by Vua; 26/11/23 08:11 PM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
I'll have to try and pay attention to if it seems to happen where the autosaves occur more than not.....It has gotten to the place where I can hardly stand to play, even as much as I love the game. I wonder if there's a way to shut off those autosaves? See if that sort of thing works...

stranger
stranger
Same issue here since yesterday, arrived in Wyrms Crossing. I veryfied all files on Steam, I updated my graphic cards driver, put all on medium quality and still all NPC just moonwalking and my crew stands somewhere. I also cannot switch characters with F1 - F4, when I port on a waypoint - just takes ages until my crew arrives or the NPC do their job again.

The only saw I saw is the saw I saw with.
-Torins Passage-
O
stranger
stranger
O
Same thing is happening to me, only seems to happen in Act 3. It's incredibly annoying.

G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Sorry to hear i am not the only one with the problem, but i might have found a simple solution that could work for others. Seems a reinstall did the trick, i have yet to experience the problem today, and before it happened at least once every 5 minutes. I cant say the problem wont return, but so far so good. Hope this can help others with the same problem.

Edit: Ok, no need to reinstall the game... the problem is back in full effect, not sure what triggered it, maybe quicksaving, but thats just a guess really.

Last edited by GSMonkey; 27/11/23 04:33 PM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
Me too, Yesterday I started act 3 and the suffering began

R
stranger
stranger
R
I thought patch 5 was supposed to fix this, however, I am still getting this issue in many places. Just went through a doorway in the ruins, and suddenly my companions quick following me. I got to the bottom of the first set of stairs, and somehow ended up in combat, which lagged everything more, a companion ported to me, then slid back to the top of the stairs. I was frozen in place, and the combat screen hadn't come up, but I was getting attacked.

Link Copied to Clipboard