Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
Baldur's Gate 3 is deemed by some as the most controversial game ever, granting individuals the freedom to explore their darkest side. It could be debated a lot if people who act in game so hideously and do some unimaginable things might act little bit similar in real life as well. The notion that freedom and power can corrupt is evident in the game, featuring controversial elements like bestiality scenes, the killing of children (as seen with Orin), and the option to lay waste to entire towns Players can degrade, humiliate, insult, cheat, betray, backstab, and toss characters from cliffs without limits. The game also incorporates themes of bisexuality, strongest LGBTQ content I have ever seen , and unconventional character combinations, such as a male body with feminine features or a male character with a female voice , variables and scenes are almost limitless. Players can do whatever they want. Baldurs gate III is damaging for younger generation. Give a man or woman and absolute freedom and power and it will corrupt them.

BG3 presents some of the most morally ambiguous decisions in virtual gaming, thanks to the complex system crafted by Larian. Each origin character is portrayed with some form of insanity, dealing with rage issues, insecurities, and an evil side that may involve actions like sucking blood, tearing players apart, or leaving them in disturbing situations.

Men and women have insane urges, fantasies and strong emotional and physical connection to some truly disturbing and vile characters. These people are type that will jump on you and judge you over little things while they themselves are obsessing over sadistic vampires, demons, character with terrible attitude. You have Shadowheart is an example, brainwashed arrogant deluded fanatical individual who wont stop at nothing because of her Lady Shar and zeal, commitment even if means to kill you. You have Astarion extremely annoying charlatan who is going to suck every drop of your blood and kill you and yet women are drooling over it. People have their lost their minds on a grand scale

Sex scenes in the game cover various acts but refrain from depicting penetration or erect genitalia. That is the only feature not shown. The game's content has sparked extreme addiction and obsession and a lot of people will soon keep forgetting their real life friends, relatives and love imaginary characters instead.

. I am sick of Baldus gate community, dont be surprised if your kid wont go outside no more, if your wife spends more time looking at images and dating virtual characters. Its a game that eats your life away and these same people are bold enogu to trash other games and they are playing the most evil and insane thing ever fashioned in gaming history. Every single character is evil here. There are no good souls, There is no happy ending. You wont convince me otherwise.

BG3 IS madness and and perfect example of low morals, shallowness and chaos.

Last edited by BaldursGateway90; 02/12/23 02:33 PM.
old hand
old hand
Well. There is a bit of stuff to unpack, here. First, let's address the primary point of concern, here;

Do actions in games reflect actions in the real world?

The consensus is 'no'. Games more violent and more erotic in nature have been published for decades, this question is asked before and there is no correlation between the two. In point of fact, you could argue that games and/or other media can serve as a form of release to those that need it. Sure, there will always be some lunatic thinking he's Batman or Jesus, but we're not blaming banning comic books and bibles either.

Is it filled with gay and trans stuff?
Yes. It's the time, it's really popular right now, and frankly it's becoming a necessity. It's not just this game, and this game isn't even the worst when it comes to that. Dragon Age Inquisition, a very similar game to this, rubs this in your face *far* more than BG3 does. It actually changes their *own* established lore just to shoe-horn in a monologue on Trans stuff. BG3 handles this fairly decent in comparison, really. You gender never comes up ever. It isn't discussed or mentioned ever. Yes, you have the freedom to give yourself different genitals, but also the freedom to not do that. There's also no clear-cut gay characters, even if some really appear that way. All the characters will romance the player, regardless of the players chosen sex.

Are all the origin character rather angsty?
Yes, there is little normalcy found there.

Is it addictive?
Sure, but by no means as much as games that are specifically designed to be. World of Warcraft has *literally* destroyed marriages, businesses, lives and in particular bank accounts due to this. BG3 only has so much content. You'll get bored by it eventurally.

Edit:

As a sidenote, most people actually play the good guy, helping their companions to overcome their evil/bad stuff and save the day.

Last edited by rodeolifant; 02/12/23 04:30 PM.

Fear my wrath, for it is great indeed.
old hand
Online Content
old hand
Nothing has changed since the 1970's-1980's when the table top DND game was said to turn players into satanists, murderers and perverts.

Last edited by ldo58; 02/12/23 03:19 PM.
This OP lol they never dissapoint. Every post is golden-tier trolling.

Everything you listed as a "concern" will be posted to my friends and family as reasons to buy the game. You've given me such a concise list! Thank you! smile

#JusticeForAstarion
addict
addict
Originally Posted by vx_phoenix_vx
This OP lol they never dissapoint. Every post is golden-tier trolling.

I honestly laughed reading this one, they keep getting better.

old hand
old hand
Ah, I was going the benefit-of-the-doubt-route here.

J
J
I see the OP is an American.

L
L
Excellent satire, 10/10.

That having been said, do not blame the game for the evils of today's society.

This game is a downer, sure, but at least we have FFXIV which always sees the good even in the villains. That game truly uplifts me, and I hope that it continues to do so.

J
J
When the time comes to write the history of Vile, BG3 will go down as the vilest thing on Vile Street in Vile Town.

Last edited by Jordaker; 03/12/23 12:12 AM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Liarie
at least we have FFXIV which always sees the good even in the villains. That game truly uplifts me, and I hope that it continues to do so.

Did you catch the Haurchefant reference in BG3? It was so touching!

stranger
stranger
I respectfully disagree. OP is obviously unfamiliar with the 'Leisure Suit Larry' franchise.

As for the rest of it, no one is forcing you to play with alternative sexualities. The game allows you choice. If you object to the game, then don't play it.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by rodeolifant
As a sidenote, most people actually play the good guy, helping their companions to overcome their evil/bad stuff and save the day.
Honestly it depends on the game, for example in SW:TOR THE Sith Empire is the more popular faction and they're supposed to be the BAD GUYS, it really just Depends on the game and how well the Villains are written.

old hand
old hand
Oh, I was speaking of BG3 in particular. I mean, no one plays a hero in GTA. Or Tetris.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
As a Simmer myself, OP could just replace BG3 with The Sims and nothing about this post would change, The Sims is a game that's as far from family friendly as possible, you can murder, cheat (cheat on spouse as well as cheat codes ), degrade (nudity), humiliate (Death by Embarrassment), insult without limits in The Sims, you can have them naked and fucking eachother even without Wicked Whims (I play on console), it's just not as explicit as BG3, there's also Vampires and Wizards in the Sims and some of the strongest LGBTQ content OP could've seen, and "unconventional character combinations, such as a male body with feminine features or a male character with a female voice , variables and scenes are almost limitless"-OP (also something you can do in the Sims).

Last edited by Sai the Elf; 02/12/23 06:56 PM.
L
L
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
at least we have FFXIV which always sees the good even in the villains. That game truly uplifts me, and I hope that it continues to do so.

Did you catch the Haurchefant reference in BG3? It was so touching!

I haven't, unless I missed it, which is entirely possible! I play an (Ishgardian) Elezen in that game and Haurchefant is right up there with Aymeric and Estinien for me. (And I've seen the face mod for this game, but I don't think the art style fits.)

old hand
old hand
I haven't, unless I missed it, which is entirely possible! I play an (Ishgardian) Elezen in that game and Haurchefant is right up there with Aymeric and Estinien for me.

If you don't mind spoilers: Surprise FFXIV reference.

veteran
veteran
Ah, I was going the benefit-of-the-doubt-route here.
No, they are a known troll, don't even try to engage, it's not worth the time. They stir things up, leave for a while and then open the next shit post.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
old hand
old hand
They? This is the first of these I encounter. Well, there was the 'Mages in WoW are way better' one, I suppose.

veteran
veteran
They? This is the first of these I encounter. Well, there was the 'Mages in WoW are way better' one, I suppose.

I don't know, which gender op is, so I used they. I assume male, but I don't honestly know. There is a Lae'zel hate thread, that turned into a Lae'zel fan thread and there were several otehrs, but they got closed. I would suspect this one will too.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
C
stranger
stranger
C
Honey... don't threaten me with a good time. wink

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard