Page 137 of 157 1 2 135 136 137 138 139 156 157
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by lemontree
Originally Posted by mattmcrich
Not to get into spoilers but
the epilogues do say they found a cure. From my understanding atleast I haven't watch the YouTube videos on it. And withers hits pretty strongly at more stuff coming in the future I think he says sooner rather than later in fact. To me atleast that means we get a karlach ending with that forge in a dlc or expansion that has us going down into avernus for one reason or another
that's just my opinion tho and I'm 100% on your side in act 3 shafting karlach with 0 options or dialogue on her cure just a lot of depressing lines about how short her time is and how much she wants to stay in baldurs gate with tav. It's imo just depressing for the sake of being depressing there's alot of outs that the game just forces us to ignore. I'm hoping a future dlc, expansion, or DE content will just let me fix the fucking engine one way or another dammon or not idc

I think the epilogue had karlach/wyll mention they found a lead to curing karlach (something about blueprints/a forge that they have to get into but its heavily guarded so they need help etc), which is essentially the same thing as them finding a cure lol. Larian just wanted to leave the story open-ended in case they ever feel like adding an avernus quest/making a dlc, which is understandable but its still frustrating that we dont know 100 % if karlachs quest will ever get polished
you're right I wish they would and it sucks they left so many plot holes since this does feel like them settling on act 3 imo.however the letter about the forge combined with withers message about needing them again to me atleast says there's an avernus dlc in the works or DE related content for avernus. Maybe you need to stop zariel from invading or something since she might see a weakened sword coast as prime for an infernal invasion. You'd be able to do karlachs forge on the side so those who killed her or let her burn out or mindflayer won't see it as a pointless dlc. Just a thought

C
stranger
stranger
C
Aside from an avernus quest i also hope larian can add some dialogue in act 3 where we can convince karlach about going to avernus, just so the avernus ending doesnt feel as abrubt as it does now.

As much as I'd like that, I'm not sure how Larian would go about implementing that in a satisfactory way. Let's say, at some point during act 3, Wyll, the PC or potentially both try to convince Karlach to go back to Avernus with them: if Karlach automatically accepts, then all her previous statements on the topic (about how she's never going back and would rather die than going back) lose A LOT of their emotional impact. It makes sense for her to accept during the ending (since she's on the brink of death, in unimaginable pain and all of that), but on an "average" day she's always said no before. On the flipside, if she automatically says no and/or her acceptance is locked behind a persuasion roll, wouldn't the whole exchange feel kind of coercive/guilt trippy on the player's side? "In the end, you've convinced a loved one to do the thing they hate more than death itself, thing that you know will work out only because of your metagaming knowledge, hooray!" (or at least, it lowkey already feels like that to me in the current scene, so)

Edit: for the record, Karlach aside I still love every other aspect of the extended epilogue. It really delivered that feeling of "closure" that the og one was missing, which is why hers, by comparison, still feels kind of "meh", since now her only potentially happy ending is hinted at 5 minutes before the end of the game and never actually "shown"

Still, I'm constantly surprised and grateful at Larian for listening to their customers in a way I'm seeing NO OTHER videogame company do nowadays

Last edited by claudee0; 01/12/23 06:18 PM.
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
you're right I wish they would and it sucks they left so many plot holes since this does feel like them settling on act 3 imo.however the letter about the forge combined with withers message about needing them again to me atleast says there's an avernus dlc in the works or DE related content for avernus. Maybe you need to stop zariel from invading or something since she might see a weakened sword coast as prime for an infernal invasion. You'd be able to do karlachs forge on the side so those who killed her or let her burn out or mindflayer won't see it as a pointless dlc. Just a thought

Yeah i agree, there are definitely strong hints to a possible story continuation based on the epilogue dialogues. Just sucks that nothings 100% confirmed and we dont know if this will come out in a year or two years. Still, heres hoping!

Originally Posted by claudee0
Aside from an avernus quest i also hope larian can add some dialogue in act 3 where we can convince karlach about going to avernus, just so the avernus ending doesnt feel as abrubt as it does now.

As much as I'd like that, I'm not sure how Larian would go about implementing that in a satisfactory way. Let's say, at some point during act 3, Wyll, the PC or potentially both try to convince Karlach to go back to Avernus with them: if Karlach automatically accepts, then all her previous statements on the topic (about how she's never going back and would rather die than going back) lose A LOT of their emotional impact. It makes sense for her to accept during the ending (since she's on the brink of death, in unimaginable pain and all of that), but on an "average" day she's always said no before. On the flipside, if she automatically says no and/or her acceptance is locked behind a persuasion roll, wouldn't the whole exchange feel kind of coercive/guilt trippy on the player's side? "In the end, you've convinced a loved one to do the thing they hate more than death itself, thing that you know will work out only because of your metagaming knowledge, hooray!" (or at least, it lowkey already feels like that to me in the current scene, so)

I mostly meant that some dialogue with karlach in act 3 where we convince her that we can look for a solution in avernus would avoid us having to coerce her into going back right as shes dying, which like you said yourself feels a little manipulative considering karlachs stated dozen times already that she wants to die rather than go back. Telling her to go to avernus right as shes in unimaginable pain even when we promised to stay with her when she dies feels very dirty, especially now that the epilogue
pretty much confirms that there is a possible cure in hell, meaning that going to avernus was arguably the right thing to. Im bad at articulating my thoughts properly lmao but basically the situation now feels like ''see, if u had respected karlachs wishes shed have died for nothing instead of going to avernus to find a cure'', which just feels. Bad. Thats why i hope we can get a chance to change her mind and let her see reason in going back, so it doesnt feel like the moral of the story is ''dont respect an ill persons wishes, they dont know whats best for them anyway''

But also if there really will be an avernus update/dlc, this is something that the characters can adress in that story as well ofc.

They even said back in September that dlc isn't off the table for bg3
This I knew already, but I also remember reading a statement that their current thought process was that if they made DLC/expansions it would not focus on Tav or the current party members. That's what I meant by additional content, obviously they're willing to make additions for the game currently just... deeply unfortunate that an Act 3 quest for Karlach hasn't made the cut and there are now clear signs it won't.

Last edited by Auric; 01/12/23 06:40 PM.
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by Auric
This I knew already, but I also remember reading a statement that their current thought process was that if they made DLC/expansions it would not focus on Tav or the current party members. That's what I meant by additional content, obviously they're willing to make additions for the game currently just... deeply unfortunate that an Act 3 quest for Karlach hasn't made the cut and there are now clear signs it won't.
I hadn't seen that post or interview I must've missed it somewhere. Either way I'm still hopeful we'll get an avernus type dlc in the future that'll lead to a real happy ending for karlach not a theoretical one like we have now.

#JusticeForKarlach

C
stranger
stranger
C

Yeah i agree, there are definitely strong hints to a possible story continuation based on the epilogue dialogues. Just sucks that nothings 100% confirmed and we dont know if this will come out in a year or two years. Still, heres hoping!

Im bad at articulating my thoughts properly lmao but basically the situation now feels like ''see, if u had respected karlachs wishes shed have died for nothing instead of going to avernus to find a cure'', which just feels. Bad. Thats why i hope we can get a chance to change her mind and let her see reason in going back, so it doesnt feel like the moral of the story is ''dont respect an ill persons wishes, they dont know whats best for them anyway''

You actually put my exact same thoughts into words, so no worries cuz I 100% agree smile Especially that last line, as the whole situation hits a little too close home for me

Maybe Larian could let one of the hell-related npcs (Raphael, or maybe the diabolist in Baldur's Gate, you name it) drop the hint about Zariel's forge and blueprints somewhere during act 3, so there's a tangible reason for proposing Avernus in the first place plus the epilogue would be a confirmation of a previous lead rather than a brand new and disconnected plot point

In any case, fingers crossed that they'll keep on further improving her story, whether via dlc or basegame content

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
I'm just curious how Zariel's forge and smiths compare to the Gondians. My reason for asking is because Zariel's goons were the ones to try and "patent" the first version of the infernal engine, which was tried on Karlach and possibly the strong, badass likes of her later. But the prototype that she essentially carries later became a blueprint for Gortash who used the enslaved Gondians to masterfully craft for purposes on the material plane.

Thus, the Gondians created the v.2. Engine which as we see in act 3 is fully stable and functional in Faerûn. Now, would this work within a body and not a machine with a connected brain? That'd likely have to be answered by the quest we didn't get. But I'm curious as to how "perfected" blueprints for a cure compare to what the Gondians could likely have come up with had we gotten the time with them on the plane above.

Once again, I'm really happy with the conclusion to THAT ending and epilogue. That's chefs kiss in every way. But it's the total grandiose cheese-like plothole platter that is Act 3 that still makes me Meh. Because those blueprints serve a purpose in Avernus. But we genuinely know people, amazing smiths who work with this kind of stuff, who were a fucking PAIN to save, who could've conjured something of the kind before we blew up the forge in BG.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Speaking of which, does anybody know if they patched the Gondians' AI during
THAT battle? Trying to save them all on Tactician was nightmare inducing

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by NomTheBurritos
I'm just curious how Zariel's forge and smiths compare to the Gondians. My reason for asking is because Zariel's goons were the ones to try and "patent" the first version of the infernal engine, which was tried on Karlach and possibly the strong, badass likes of her later. But the prototype that she essentially carries later became a blueprint for Gortash who used the enslaved Gondians to masterfully craft for purposes on the material plane.

Thus, the Gondians created the v.2. Engine which as we see in act 3 is fully stable and functional in Faerûn. Now, would this work within a body and not a machine with a connected brain? That'd likely have to be answered by the quest we didn't get. But I'm curious as to how "perfected" blueprints for a cure compare to what the Gondians could likely have come up with had we gotten the time with them on the plane above.

Once again, I'm really happy with the conclusion to THAT ending and epilogue. That's chefs kiss in every way. But it's the total grandiose cheese-like plothole platter that is Act 3 that still makes me Meh. Because those blueprints serve a purpose in Avernus. But we genuinely know people, amazing smiths who work with this kind of stuff, who were a fucking PAIN to save, who could've conjured something of the kind before we blew up the forge in BG.
You're right without a doubt and I can't say enough how annoying the gondians are in act 3 when you can't have an option to ask about a cure. My head canon at this point is they just don't like the look of tav and karlach and won't help. Its as good as any other one I've been given. But the cure could be based on gondian designs refined by dammon and build in the fires of avernus or something like that.

#JusticeForKarlach

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Speaking of which, does anybody know if they patched the Gondians' AI during
THAT battle? Trying to save them all on Tactician was nightmare inducing
can confirm
i didnt do the iron throne first so i may have messed that up but even with all the overseers dead and the marker things stopped the gondians keep attacking

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
can someone whose seen the epilogues just tell me yes or no does karlach show up?

That was from a Swen interview in September. However, it seems they have changed their mind about that since then, given what Withers said. Perhaps they've realized it's a lot cheaper to expand upon existing assets than to create new ones. It's also a lot easier to draw people in with characters that are already popular than to try and sell people on new ones.

can someone whose seen the epilogues just tell me yes or no does karlach show up?

Yes, Karlach shows up.

stranger
stranger
Larian please let us fix Karlach's heart!

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by FlameSeal
Larian please let us fix Karlach's heart!
heres hoping

Originally Posted by Walking Kole

That was from a Swen interview in September. However, it seems they have changed their mind about that since then, given what Withers said. Perhaps they've realized it's a lot cheaper to expand upon existing assets than to create new ones. It's also a lot easier to draw people in with characters that are already popular than to try and sell people on new ones.
thats a really good point and its what im going with until proven otherwise given what withers says and some of the info given on karlach ive heard about it seems likely we will see some DLC, expansion, or DE content in her direction in the future. Given the info they also gave us id be safe to assume imo that we will get a permeant fix to karlachs heart in that content which is huge and im here for it

Last edited by mattmcrich; 02/12/23 03:06 PM.
I
apprentice
apprentice
I
It would appear Larian is listening to the feedback. The added epilogue content is promising for future expansion/DLC. The hints and specific details...

Anyone who has been invested in Karlach's character must be happy after patch 5.

I look forward to revisiting BG3.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by indomitnotable
It would appear Larian is listening to the feedback. The added epilogue content is promising for future expansion/DLC. The hints and specific details...

Anyone who has been invested in Karlach's character must be happy after patch 5.

I look forward to revisiting BG3.
My thoughts exactly
between withers statements, the note about the forge, larian saying they're talking about dlc before patch 5 even released it makes me very happy
it's a good time to be a karlach fan

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Havnt seen any of the new stuff yet been avoiding spoilers as im half way through act 3 currently. But from what ive headd I am glad there is some* hope* with this patch.
And please if larian sees this, thank you guys for all the post game work you guys have done its more then most any other company ive seen put into a game this quick post launch and without a price tag attached to it. That being said..
I am still pretty disappointed I cant fix karlachs heart in game. As its been pointed out alot through the thread. A big issue with karlach is the sheer lack of content in the game regarding her story and the very obvious *teases* of a fix through out.
I hope to eventuslly get decent content expansion for her either in DE addition of a supposed avernus DLC that ppl be hinting at. Cause i tell you id buy it in a heart beat. The lack of a fix in game just irks the heck out of me.

But otherwise, again, fantastic game !

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by Norrec69
Havnt seen any of the new stuff yet been avoiding spoilers as im half way through act 3 currently. But from what ive headd I am glad there is some* hope* with this patch.
And please if larian sees this, thank you guys for all the post game work you guys have done its more then most any other company ive seen put into a game this quick post launch and without a price tag attached to it. That being said..
I am still pretty disappointed I cant fix karlachs heart in game. As its been pointed out alot through the thread. A big issue with karlach is the sheer lack of content in the game regarding her story and the very obvious *teases* of a fix through out.
I hope to eventuslly get decent content expansion for her either in DE addition of a supposed avernus DLC that ppl be hinting at. Cause i tell you id buy it in a heart beat. The lack of a fix in game just irks the heck out of me.

But otherwise, again, fantastic game !
This sums up my feelings aswell the game has got alot of love from larian that most developers wouldn't even think about doing. But like you I'm still upset all those threads and fixes turned out to be teases and just baits to get rh players hopes up only to pull the emotional rug out from under them. I do think we will see a dlc that will give us a concrete happy ending or fix for the engine given recent hints in game and statements from larian.

Without a doubt the best game I've played in atleast 10 years. It's been atleast that long since I accidently stayed up through the night to play a game

Last edited by mattmcrich; 02/12/23 08:06 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
so I saw the epilogue and right now im hopeful that fixing karlach heart and that certain DLC is going to be a real thing in the future, because if that certain DLC is not going to be a thing, I don't know how they are going to explain all the possible solutions that the base game tells you unless they change the base game and after all this time if they haven't done it by now I don't think they are going to do it.I could see Larian saying: you remember all those possible ways to help karlach we told you in the base game? well they are all available in that DLC. What im trying to say is that I could be wrong but between changing the history and quests of a character in ACT 3 and adding a DLC with the definitive solution to karlach heart being a part of it(because Larian is not going to do a DLC just to fix a character problem is going to be a side thing and that's it) I think the DLC is the most possible solution.

Anyway right now we can only hope and wait.

#JusticeForKarlach

Page 137 of 157 1 2 135 136 137 138 139 156 157

Link Copied to Clipboard