Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 139 of 157 1 2 137 138 139 140 141 156 157
apprentice
apprentice
Thank you! The original tweet seems to be deleted.

I wonder what if the word choice was deliberate or just an accident...
It could also be one of the bigger features that have been requested (and I think mentioned as planned?) before, such as the photo mode or the mod support?

Maybe they'll announce something at the game awards later today, besides the xbox release date.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
I really hope this is a teaser on more karlach content. Specifically a finaly cure for her engine.

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Game of the year also in the bag. Congratz Larian team

Got some awards and a GOTY to decorate their house, congrats Larian!

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Congrats larian its all well deserved. best game ive played in a very long time.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Just saw a video where God Gale makes romanced Astarion a new god.
Is it also true if you play as Karlach and romance Gale? She becomes a god and thus cured?

Last edited by Arcturus; 10/12/23 12:59 AM.
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by Arcturus
Just saw a video where God Gale makes romanced Astarion a new god.
Is it also true if you play as Karlach and romance Gale? She becomes a god and thus cured?
Doubt it? I haven't seen anything like that on here( I'm not a fan of gale so that might be why I've missed it) that'd be cool to see though

A
stranger
stranger
A
^yeah, there are pretty big conditions to achieve this:
1. Play as Karlach.
2. Romance Gale
3. Make sure Gale becomes a God.
4. Survive by choosing to return to Avernus (I guess becoming the Absolute isn't an option).

We now need to wait one of the players to do all these and post here smile

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
My god. Not sure whats going on but i e been trying to get on this forum for like 5 days. Just now managed to get through

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
It's been like this since the game awards. Alot more instability recently

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
It's been like this since the game awards. Alot more instability recently

A
stranger
stranger
A
I’ll throw my hat into the ring too. Hopefully all this good and deserved news around BG3 as a whole and its achievements and the attention it gets will lead to something once most of the bugs have been worked out on the platforms.

As much as the epilogue helps her story end on a positive note which I’m thankful for, as a character she still doesn’t get what she wants while all the other origin companions do. It’s a weird disconnect, but hopefully with all the love the game is getting and the very clear outcry that fans aren’t even remotely close to done with the game, I’ll sit here and overdoes on copium waiting for it. At the same time, the pessimism in me is telling me that the epilogue content is Larian’s way of saying “She’ll get a good ending, but we just won’t see it” which IMO would be unsatisfying.

Last edited by Aggro; 13/12/23 09:22 AM.
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
I think between the epilogue scenes with her, withers message, larian statements about dlc and expansions, and the now deleted tweet from a larian dev I think an avernus dlc is a matter of when not if. In that case it would be asinine to go all the way to avernus and NOT go with karlach to that forge to give her a working heart she can go back to baldyrs gate with. I can't see larian doing that since she is like you said the only origin companion who doesnt get the one thing she wants. That being to just be normal again and not worry about devils, gods, demons, or wars.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Pretty much. It’s not like the DLC has to be about her. I’d argue there’s a million reasons to justify going to Avernus without it being JUST for her, and then just give players a special set of side missions (maybe 2) if you have her alive and she had gone back to Avernus. I think someone else in her mentioned a very similar idea a handful of pages ago. I remember DA: Origins doing something pretty similar with it’s Awakening DLC. The normal game companions could show up if they were alive, otherwise they had failsafes in place, and some don’t even show up.

At the same, if they do end up not doing anything, I will say I’m at least content with what we got? I’m not gonna lie and say I’d be satisfied, as I’m not particularly a huge fan of narrative cliffhangers that don’t get followed up on, nor am I fan of having the ending of character arcs being left up to my imagination. I don’t find it satisfactory from a narrative point of view. But I guess I am at least content with the positive nature of it.

Last edited by Aggro; 13/12/23 02:53 PM.
A
old hand
old hand
A
Whatever a possible DLC might be, it must be a nightmare to start a story from such widely different starting points. I mean your characters can be
dead/spirits/whatever, some weird new type of vampire lord, a spawn of said lord, Spawnstarion (in two variations ?), a newly minted god, his consort, the head of a Sharan monastery, the Chosen of Mystra, whatever a reformed Durge ends up being, along with all the more normal endings the characters can have.

Last edited by Anska; 13/12/23 04:24 PM.
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by Anska
Whatever a possible DLC might be, it must be a nightmare to start a story from such widely different starting points. I mean your characters can be
dead/spirits/whatever, some weird new type of vampire lord, a spawn of said lord, Spawnstarion (in two variations ?), a newly minted god, his consort, the head of a Sharan monastery, the Chosen of Mystra, whatever a reformed Durge ends up being, along with all the more normal endings the characters can have.
It could be something like an invasion from avernus that needs defeated. I don't know all the endings but something like that should be something that would be in the best interest of all endings to beat. Maybe by going into avernus where you'd be able to do a karlach forge mission and bring her back to baldurs gate at the end of the dlc.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
It could be something like an invasion from avernus that needs defeated. I don't know all the endings but something like that should be something that would be in the best interest of all endings to beat. Maybe by going into avernus where you'd be able to do a karlach forge mission and bring her back to baldurs gate at the end of the dlc.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M

A
old hand
old hand
A
I was also thinking about power levels and balancing. A certain new addition to the Pantheon has insane stats for example, I am not sure what Lordstarion's abilities look like because I never did that to him.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M

Page 139 of 157 1 2 137 138 139 140 141 156 157

Link Copied to Clipboard