Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by rodeolifant
Dragon Age Inquisition, a very similar game to this, rubs this in your face *far* more than BG3 does. It actually changes their *own* established lore just to shoe-horn in a monologue on Trans stuff. BG3 handles this fairly decent in comparison, really.

Wait, who dahell are you talking about? I finished that game multiple times and I don't remember this? Is it that elven prostitute, what's her name, I legit don't remember? I thought that her being trans was mostly played off as a joke, not super serious.

Unless you are talking about Dorian's actual friend, magister Maevaris who's actually trans but we never meet her in the game, she's only mentioned?

Speaking of Dorian, I normally hate installing mods, but I legit had to get the one that speeds up the frequency of banters just to get the banters of him and Iron Bull flirting, so they end up together in Trespasser. My favorite couple of that game.

But overall, when it comes to games with magic, I do understand the inclusion of trans people, actually I am surprised it took so long to include them. Heck, all those same sex couples with biological children in BG3 can be explained that way. They pay someone to swap their gender for a bit, get their loved one pregnant and then either wait until the baby's delivered (or swap back immediately, if they're lesbian couples). Do you remember Edwina from BG2, how sad Edwin was when he was reverted to his original gender? wink

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Nicottia
Wait, who dahell are you talking about?

Perhaps Krem, a member of the Bull's Chargers. Though I don't see how he's shoehorned in by any means.

V
V
Originally Posted by Alithea
Originally Posted by Nicottia
Wait, who dahell are you talking about?

Perhaps Krem, a member of the Bull's Chargers. Though I don't see how he's shoehorned in by any means.

Krem himself is not shoehorned in, he's a pretty great character, but he has a whole dialogue tree dedicated to explain to the player about being trans which felt way too meta and a bit condescending to the player imo (and I'm a person superpositive about this stuff). I think BG3 did a way better job with Nocturne when it comes to representation.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by fylimar
Originally Posted by rodeolifant
They? This is the first of these I encounter. Well, there was the 'Mages in WoW are way better' one, I suppose.

I don't know, which gender op is, so I used they. I assume male, but I don't honestly know. There is a Lae'zel hate thread, that turned into a Lae'zel fan thread and there were several otehrs, but they got closed. I would suspect this one will too.

Seems like a plan.

J'aime le fromage.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard