Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
we have big hot scenes with Karlach, Minthara and Gale.... Astarion Spawn 1 little scean in act 1... in Ascension 1 scean and this 1 scean will be censor.... Just why?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Bethra
Candles?? Really??
Why not have waves breaking on a shore or a volcano exploding just to complete the trite stupidity of it. Sheesh

laugh laugh laugh

Don't give them ideas, my friend!

The mental image of a volcano exploding... oh my my my my!

I mean, they might as well have a unicorn ride into the room as a distraction!

But yep, it is bad.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Because by censoring method, they set the stage for more symbolism and even fractal-tantric-insanities in every single Astarion love-scene, maybe even a kiss. It's as if he and Tav had eaten giga-Noblestalk

LOL not the volcano explosion.

I don't think they did this for censorship tbh. I've seen people throwing that term around and I just can't agree with it when Minthara's romance scene is in the same game, unless they plan to censor that too eventually. I'm inclined to think this is just a horrible decision that people have begun to label as an 'artistic choice'. There is nothing artistic about it, and I'm saying this as an artist.

That said, I really hope they decide to revert these changes in a future update, including Astarion's abs which have been smoothed out for no reason. Sounds harsh but I wish they could just focus on fixing major bugs instead of making unnecessary changes.

Minthara bug list, updated for Hotfix #22.
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Originally Posted by LiryFire
Because by censoring method, they set the stage for more symbolism and even fractal-tantric-insanities in every single Astarion love-scene, maybe even a kiss. It's as if he and Tav had eaten giga-Noblestalk
I understand this, but i think may be they could show this simbolism another scean. In truly im not interesting hot moment, but that's not much honesty for Lord fans.

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Originally Posted by rendemption
LOL not the volcano explosion.

That said, I really hope they decide to revert these changes in a future update, including Astarion's abs which have been smoothed out for no reason. Sounds harsh but I wish they could just focus on fixing major bugs instead of making unnecessary changes.

+ 100000000000000

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Darkangel1211
Originally Posted by Seraphim11
I mean..especially if you've seen the old ascension animation vs the current one (just got to see it again at my current playthru) it felt so disappointing to a point I wanted to pay for the camera mod just to see the full thing. Plus the kissing animation for my current save is still not working, even though I've seen people saying there's a new hot kiss animation with model alignment being off XD (Astarion kisses the air)

I’ve stopped playing the game for now until they fix the romance scenes in general, it really breaks the immersion and I want to avoid the disappointment with my own MC. Hell, I got secondhand disappointment just from reading your post :’(

And to add more disappointment, even though this playthru granted me 100% achievement unlocked, I was not as happy as I thought because the epilogue with ascended Astarion was just bugged as hell can't even see any characters could only hear and select dialogue options. It's so devastating they managed to break Astarion in this many ways after patch 4 I still can't wrap my head around it like seriously???

addict
addict
From the newest patch notes:

>Made cinematic tweaks to restore sections of Astarion's Act III Ascendant sex scene.<

astarionhappy

Goodbye to obnoxious censorship!

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Ametris

>Made cinematic tweaks to restore sections of Astarion's Act III Ascendant sex scene.<

astarionhappy

now only thing for me is if they fixed the 5% body fat gain for my ripped vamp boyfriend. I can't find out anytime soon since I blocked updates due to current playthru with a ton of mods playing Astarion Origin.

addict
addict
There is a mod on the nexus that restores his patch 3 look. There's also another one that combines both looks - keeps the muscles and veins from patch 3 and more realistic skin texture from patch 4. They should work well if you're not going to update your game for a while.

D
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
D

astarionhappy

I AM SCREAMING AHHHH!!! Thank you Larian!

addict
addict
Well... I just tested it and although it's better, it's still not the old scene. The length of the scene is restored as well as the hip movement, but the angle is still showing only the upper body. Previously it was a full body shot with a candle in the spicy parts.

What bugs me too is that the options to tell him to be gentle or to make it hurt still show up way too early than they should. Previously they would emerge when Astarion was straddling Tav, since patch 4 however they're there as soon as he starts moving towards Tav, while they're on their knees.

D
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
D
Well... I just tested it and although it's better, it's still not the old scene. The length of the scene is restored as well as the hip movement, but the angle is still showing only the upper body. Previously it was a full body shot with a candle in the spicy parts.

What bugs me too is that the options to tell him to be gentle or to make it hurt still show up way too early than they should. Previously they would emerge when Astarion was straddling Tav, since patch 4 however they're there as soon as he starts moving towards Tav, while they're on their knees.

Ugh… well, I’ll take what I can get at this point, anything over that stupid candle

I have seen the kisses in my game and it is Perfect! So amazing! I love it. Thank you for fixing him Larian! Truly...........Honestly..............Thank you! The FIRST TIME a gaming company has actually listened to the players and blew my expectations out of the water! (The last little thing is hoping the abs are back, I forgot to check......but!) Hopefully someone can let me know! I am just overjoyed! ? And to all the Astarion fans out there, better treat him good!!! That is all I am going to say.....cause that epilogue.............YEESH if you do not treat someone good (that is all of them honestly, just WOW). MASTERPIECE OF THE YEAR! Keep up the amazing work Larian & honestly, THANK YOU SO SO MUCH! ? Keep it 18+ and keep us all happy, you are absolutely delicious!

#JusticeForAstarion #JusticeForTheRealFansOfTheRomanceWithAstarion
V
V

I don't know, when I checked out the scene today my candle got replaced by a bedpost and the scene blurrs out quite quickly. Now I see even less than with the candle, ha ha. This was not the "fix" I expected.

D
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by Veranis

I don't know, when I checked out the scene today my candle got replaced by a bedpost and the scene blurrs out quite quickly. Now I see even less than with the candle, ha ha. This was not the "fix" I expected.

Right, time to log another support ticket…

Larian!!! Bring back the patch 3 animation please!

addict
addict
I checked again and the blurriness seems to start at the same time. The candle was always there, it's just that in the old version it was strategically positioned, while now it's to the very right of the screen and we don't see the legs of the characters anymore.

journeyman
journeyman
I wanted to share some posts I saw comparing changes between Patch 4 and Patch 5, to Astarion's first romance scene in Act 1, and his Ascended romance scene in Act 3. The changes are pretty drastic. If someone posted these once before, I apoligize for missing it.

There were major changes to his facial expressions and body language in the Act 1 romance scene in Patch 5 for some reason:

https://www.tumblr.com/invinciblero...he-altered-animations-in-astarions-first

There was a change in the camera focus in his ascended romance scene in Act 3- the camera very quickly pans towards the ceiling instead of lingering on the (already censored) sex.

https://twitter.com/Raphael_Ancunin/status/1720376007939461219?t=gBiN99U6gD0f9DEDE2inWg

As someone who has been very slowly working through BG3, unable to play far because of my game glitching out since Patch 3 introduced issues, and waiting patiently to play through the Astarion romance, seeing how many changes (unannounced changes, never mentioned in the patch notes) Larian has been making to his romance for no apparent reason that like... tones down the sexual aspects? Is kind of frustrating, ngl. Like I feel like I'm finally going to get through his romance arc and come out with a less interesting and less fanservice-y experience than my friends who finished the game in Patch 1 or 2 or 3 got lol... And compare this to the Minthara sex scene which doesn't even have a tasteful candle blocking the 69 blowjob action.

I just don't understand the changes. Maybe the camera thing in Act 3 is a glitch because the cameras are always weird in this game? But the changes to his facial expressions as shown in that Tumblr post make the entire cutscene completely different in tone, he doesn't look like someone seducing someone anymore, he just looks weirdly doofy making mustache-twirling cartoon villain face.

T
addict
addict
T
Well the Camera Bug started Back in 3.0
Till this Day they Never actually Fixed properly..
Here and There yu Still Find some Weird Angles when talking to some NPCS especially in act 3.
(BTW there are some Mods that adress this Bug and Fix it by Making the Camera of this Game Better.. yu can even Play like over the Shoulder View. Maybe will help yu guys.)

But 1 Thing.. they Claimed that they Fixed his Scene..
i did not Test becouse i Never Romance hin and Never Bother.. i only Like hin as my Bro/Pal my crazy vampire Friend..
He is like a Devil in my Shoulder when i Play..haha xD
So when i Made Hin Vampire Lord.. i never romanced Hin.. never Care actually.

Last edited by Thorvic; 05/12/23 04:07 AM.
journeyman
journeyman

The link leads to nothing unfortunately.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard