Originally Posted by Nerovar
Interesting to see that this thread is still going strong. The latest patch has somewhat rekindled my interest in this game but I inevitably run into the same issue I've had after my first playthrough.

The Guardian/Emperor as it exists right now makes any prospect of replaying this game thoroughly uninteresting to me as its main purpose is to always railroad you back to a very narrow path, thereby rendering a lot of the interesting, pivotal choices during the game's main story utterly meaningless. The character effectively functions as a roadblock that tells you "Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further". Once you realise that your inputs in all of the scenes involving the guardian have no consequences it becomes very hard to sit through them again and actually take them seriously. But I guess that's just kind of hole you dig yourself into when you create a character that is effectively a mystery box inside a (literal) mystery box.

I feel the same way. I still enjoy talking about the game but I really don't have desire to play again unless that railroad moment is removed.

I will give credit to Larian for adding the party at the end. Luckily I had a save right at the end had the opportunity to read the epilogues. Lae'zel's dialogue dampened the feeling of failure I was left with at the end. I assumed that any rebellion without Orpheus' power was doomed to failure - glad to see that's not the case.

The need to transform someone into an illithid still doesn't sit well.

Will Larian feel compelled to change that at time when people are getting BG3 tattoos and the game is winning every possible award? I hope so but it's a pretty slim hope.