Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#927425 07/12/23 08:53 AM
addict
OP Offline
addict
So, this never used to happen to me before. If it happens, it starts during cutscenes.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Reloading a save doesn't fix it and the main screen looks like this.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The only way to fix it is to restart the game.

T
addict
addict
T
In my Last Game this Happens too..
Saw just a Few Secconds ago a Post with Minthi the Same way..
But in my Game happens with Minsc when i Changed the Armor..
Try to use that option for old HD that solved a little bit some times..
even if yu are using a SSD just Make a test.. maybe will solve this..

i Bet this has something to do on what they made for Lower end PCS and low Ram people to run the game better..
Maybe couse this crazy new bug.

Last edited by Thorvic; 07/12/23 09:06 AM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
It's same for me. Mine is sure lower end PC with 970m and 6700HQ, also 32 GB of RAM and NVMe SSD, however, I never had these problems before, only during the cutscene with the Brain attacking the city.

addict
OP Offline
addict
The ending was always a mess, but now I always have some characters with bodies not loading in those scenes. And Withers is sometimes naked when he talks to the dead three.

Act 1 is mostly fine, but textures especially in the cutscene before the goblins attack the grove take some visible time to load.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Yeah, missing part or all clothes can be hilarious, especially with Withers or Jaheira, but missing body parts or faces is not that cool frown

Last edited by Arcturus; 07/12/23 08:14 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
I came here to post about this very issue. It happens after every cut scene for me as well.

W
stranger
stranger
W
In my game the red dragon at the beginning and the one with the gith attack party in act1 is missing everything except its head and Isobel, the selune cleric in the last light inn is missing the main part of the robe, its just see through. [Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com] this didn't start happening until patch 5 for me. It happens with or without mods and my pc is NOT low end at all.

stranger
stranger
This happens for me too and I'm on a Xbox Series X which is a high end gaming machine. Though I don't loose entire body parts, I tend to have clothing there but it has no texture at all then the texture pops in on top of a solid color.

So not only PC's but other gaming platforms too.

addict
OP Offline
addict
I don't have these problems on a save started on patch 5 so far, at least in Act 2.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I have the same issue with the red dragons but in act 3. The patch 5 Epilogue has not been loading at all/loading properly (gameplay camera during conversation) and I have been assuming it is related to all these visual glitches.[img]https://preview.redd.it/nk3k8pzqk54...db9e463eea4638a159d744007244506129396a3c[/img]

Last edited by Djinntan; 18/12/23 06:10 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Still a problem on December 21st.

journeyman
journeyman
I've been having issues since Moonrise Towers with tables disappearing so the items look like they're floating, Aylin's armor going invisible, there was one cutscene (with Squire the dog I think) where my Dark Urge's lower half disappeared, Karlach's head was floating in mid-air and Gale vanished except for his weapon...

My understanding is that these issues only really affect save files made before a new patch. I don't know why patches break pre-existing save files so badly, but it's been an issue with every patch, and it seems to only be getting worse. My save file is 4 months old because I have had to take a lot of breaks from the game due to life and also game-breaking bugs... I'm wondering if i should just abandon it at 106 hours, if every patch will make things worse.

D
stranger
stranger
D
@Wario Go to your data folder, remove Patch4_Hotfix3 Patch4_Hotfix1. And any other remaining hotfix files from prior patches. This solved all of the glitches I had.

Link Copied to Clipboard