Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 138 of 157 1 2 136 137 138 139 140 156 157
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by darkfash
so I saw the epilogue and right now im hopeful that fixing karlach heart and that certain DLC is going to be a real thing in the future, because if that certain DLC is not going to be a thing, I don't know how they are going to explain all the possible solutions that the base game tells you unless they change the base game and after all this time if they haven't done it by now I don't think they are going to do it.I could see Larian saying: you remember all those possible ways to help karlach we told you in the base game? well they are all available in that DLC. What im trying to say is that I could be wrong but between changing the history and quests of a character in ACT 3 and adding a DLC with the definitive solution to karlach heart being a part of it(because Larian is not going to do a DLC just to fix a character problem is going to be a side thing and that's it) I think the DLC is the most possible solution.

Anyway right now we can only hope and wait.

#JusticeForKarlach
My thoughts are basically this. I'm not betting on a solution in the vase game but I think a dlc that takes place in avernus will give us the solution. There are alot of arch devils we come into contact with and maybe they try to invade a weakened sword coast and we need to defeat it. With karlachs heart fix being a side quest or maybe something like the creche. Honestly with what's come out this week I see it as a when she'll get the fix not if.

Yeah, it's what I suggested few pages ago. An Avernus dlc would be awesome, with Karlach's questline being a side mission and it can trigger only if you bring her along with you.

I'd honestly love to see Zariel. I've read a lot of interesting things about her in the forgotten realms lore. And since we've seen the gods of other companions (Vlaakith, Shar, Mystra), would be sweet if Zariel was added in the list.

Originally Posted by mattmcrich
Originally Posted by indomitnotable
It would appear Larian is listening to the feedback. The added epilogue content is promising for future expansion/DLC. The hints and specific details...

Anyone who has been invested in Karlach's character must be happy after patch 5.

I look forward to revisiting BG3.
My thoughts exactly
between withers statements, the note about the forge, larian saying they're talking about dlc before patch 5 even released it makes me very happy
it's a good time to be a karlach fan

By the way, it's not a note about the forge. Karlach herself tells you about her plans to raid it.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by WildOrchid
Yeah, it's what I suggested few pages ago. An Avernus dlc would be awesome, with Karlach's questline being a side mission and it can trigger only if you bring her along with you.

I'd honestly love to see Zariel. I've read a lot of interesting things about her in the forgotten realms lore. And since we've seen the gods of other companions (Vlaakith, Shar, Mystra), would be sweet if Zariel was added in the list.
well we see the other big problem people from other companions. Astarion has cazador and you go to kill him so it'd make sense to put zariel in to add much needed content to karlach as well as bring her up to the same level as the other companions. also if you choose minthara you see her god as well kinda.

stranger
stranger
Karlach is rushed I feel like they decided to add her some months before the game needs to drop thats why her story is short the heart can't be fixed eighter she goes in Avernus or dies and thats all lol although im probably wrong but still considering Karlach's ends there is no other explanation for me. I really hope they give us something an Avernus dlc sounds awesome I wouldn't mind even paying for it. Good games are rare in these days and BG3 is not just good is perfect but needs some polish in my opinion and this dlc is going to do just that real end.

Edit #JusticeForKarlach

Last edited by FlameSeal; 04/12/23 05:34 PM.
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Yeah karlach really suffered from being such a late addition to the companions. That being said personally I think the reason they havent given a quick fix is because she has such little content and they want to put alot if work into a dlc that will bring alot more content to the table for her. I don't have anything to point to other than a feeling really but it would make sense to give her something in avernus and an avernus dlc would be the perfect spot for it. I'd wish they'd do something about the plot holes in act 3 for her.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Yeah karlach really suffered from being such a late addition to the companions. That being said personally I think the reason they havent given a quick fix is because she has such little content and they want to put alot if work into a dlc that will bring alot more content to the table for her. I don't have anything to point to other than a feeling really but it would make sense to give her something in avernus and an avernus dlc would be the perfect spot for it. I'd wish they'd do something about the plot holes in act 3 for her.

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
Good to know is that Karlach is (according to Larian's data post today) the top 3rd played Origin, top girl at that, and second top romance of all beat only by Shadowheart. Along with this, there's been a few threads on Discord discussing the gaping plot-hole of Karlach's story in Act 3. With so many leads and none that you can follow, nor any of your new allies that you can ask for help or even talk to about the topic, a ton of people (myself included) feel like the epilogue is great for the endings it has, but a mere band-aid and yet another what-if from the perspective of a heart fix within the bounds of the game itself.

Mind, I'm sure Larian is aware of all this and tried their best to satisfy the biggest amount of players at once, to be able to get it all ready for Xbox release. Just like Cyberpunk today, many highly-requested features are sure to come in time. I simply hope they don't give up on good ol Karlach yet, with the amount of outcry and love she's generated throughout all social medias.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by NomTheBurritos
Good to know is that Karlach is (according to Larian's data post today) the top 3rd played Origin, top girl at that, and second top romance of all beat only by Shadowheart. Along with this, there's been a few threads on Discord discussing the gaping plot-hole of Karlach's story in Act 3. With so many leads and none that you can follow, nor any of your new allies that you can ask for help or even talk to about the topic, a ton of people (myself included) feel like the epilogue is great for the endings it has, but a mere band-aid and yet another what-if from the perspective of a heart fix within the bounds of the game itself.

Mind, I'm sure Larian is aware of all this and tried their best to satisfy the biggest amount of players at once, to be able to get it all ready for Xbox release. Just like Cyberpunk today, many highly-requested features are sure to come in time. I simply hope they don't give up on good ol Karlach yet, with the amount of outcry and love she's generated throughout all social medias.
I'm hoping so especially with all the plot holes being left as they are even given all the updates through the months. I hope they don't get tired of people talking about them its only because they care about the game so much that even care or bother. I really hope to see more karlach content in the future she really needs it.

C
stranger
stranger
C
A part of me feels like Karlach's quest isn't going to get an overhaul until the definitive edition mostly because that seems like it'd be a large undertaking to be anywhere near up to par with other origins, and because Wyll also needs a fair bit of polish. And Minthara needs...a lot, like maybe having her good playthrough recruitment not be so obtuse, and even that appears to be an utter crapshoot as to whether or not it'll work (Minthara in a nutshell), and Halsin needs quite a bit done, particularly in act 3. Maybe even some form of epilogue for evil endings.

Then again, Larian did a lot with the epilogues in just a few months, I thought it was just going to be slides like a lot of other RPG's but they went all out for this one. So I suppose there is the possibility we wouldn't have to wait until the definitive edition next year. It just bugs me because I love that she's got that bit of optimism going in the Avernus ending with said blueprints and it opens the way to an Avernus DLC, but...it's still hard to ignore her quest being two fetch quests and kill this guy you were already going to kill anyway. And then the Avernus ending ends up hijacking Wyll's story if you don't romance Karlach so he pretty much *has* to be the Blade of Avernus, which I personally see as not being as good of a resolution as him becoming duke. Or you can join her as a friend, but then it ends up hijacking the resolution of Tav's romance's storyline.

And I suppose this is partially fueled by how much I love the image of my Durge who romanced Karlach going on about herbal tea, scented candles, walks through nature and just otherwise vibing as opposed to going off to live a life of fighting and killing in Avernus for a while, but that's a very minor thing...

Last edited by Chant to Green; 06/12/23 01:42 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
Gotta agree with that, I also don't think we'll get anything major before a potential definitive edition. For now I'd rather have them fix all the bugs that you already pointed out, especially with Minthara. With her and her giant mountain of bugs it feels like she'd need her own patch.
WithHalsin, I don't even know what you'd do with him in Act 3 - he felt just so out of place there that I don't know what you could add. He does need something.

I am satisfied with the epilogues at this moment, and whilst I said "them announcing we could fix their engine" would be my favorite christmas present, this is close enough. I will take the optimism and run with it, for now at least.

As for the avernus ending hijacking the stories of other companions: I guess you can't have the cake and eat it, too, even though I get why it's bothering you.
I feel more like there is a general problem with the endings, since the order of some of them is very strict.
Such as origin Astarion being unable to save Karlach, for example
I wish they'd polish that a little more, but sadly I doubt it.

The only thing I am certain of is that this wont be the last big patch we get.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Respectfully I gotta disagree especially after the raw data points to her popularity. I can't see the epilogues and other hints in an out of game as anything less than a future avernus expansion or dlc. Again I think it'd be more like giving karlach a creche or sharran temple type of thing not a whole sale dlc just for karlach as much as id buy it. She needs more content anyway and doing it in avernus where we can connect more with her past would be great. I personally see it as an if not a when we will get the happy ending at this point

A
old hand
old hand
A
Originally Posted by Chant to Green
And then the Avernus ending ends up hijacking Wyll's story if you don't romance Karlach so he pretty much *has* to be the Blade of Avernus, which I personally see as not being as good of a resolution as him becoming duke. Or you can join her as a friend, but then it ends up hijacking the resolution of Tav's romance's storyline.

I'll add Origin-Astarion to your list
because he cannot save Karlach in his spawn ending - unless my game was very bugged - since he has to hide from the sun and has to watch his besti go up in flames from afar.
Edit: just noticed, that this has already been mention. Then again, it cannot be mentioned often enough.

Last edited by Anska; 06/12/23 07:52 AM.
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by Anska
Originally Posted by Chant to Green
And then the Avernus ending ends up hijacking Wyll's story if you don't romance Karlach so he pretty much *has* to be the Blade of Avernus, which I personally see as not being as good of a resolution as him becoming duke. Or you can join her as a friend, but then it ends up hijacking the resolution of Tav's romance's storyline.

I'll add Origin-Astarion to your list
because he cannot save Karlach in his spawn ending - unless my game was very bugged - since he has to hide from the sun and has to watch his besti go up in flames from afar.
Edit: just noticed, that this has already been mention. Then again, it cannot be mentioned often enough.
I'd heard asterion needs attention but and i really hope he gets it. act 3 needs more polish on all companions im just very biased towards karlach.

I
stranger
stranger
I
Amid all our jubilation, has anybody read or heard comments from Samantha on the epilogue?

#JusticeForKarlach
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
No but she said a while ago that she had an idea of karlach owning a tavern and running in some kind of after credit scene. But that's been a while ago now.

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Senior comms mamager apparantly just released a tweet that they are currently working on something *incredible* for bg3. And that she might *combust* from excitement.
This right after patch 5? God damn.

Speculations go!

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by Norrec69
Senior comms mamager apparantly just released a tweet that they are currently working on something *incredible* for bg3. And that she might *combust* from excitement.
This right after patch 5? God damn.

Speculations go!
im ready larian take my money. give us the forge ending

#JusticeForKarlach

apprentice
apprentice
Anyone have a source for that? Because I cant find anything - But I am very intrigued.

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N

Page 138 of 157 1 2 136 137 138 139 140 156 157

Link Copied to Clipboard