Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#927734 09/12/23 08:23 PM
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Hello !

I’m not the only one, multiple player have this problem.

All Xbox save are deleted when we launch the game ! Do you have any solution? Or maybe a tricks? (Auto and manual save)

Thank you for your help in advance !

Have a nice day

J
stranger
stranger
J
Bumping this topic as it needs serious attention. Lots of negative reviews on Xbox.com and posts on the Baldurs Gate 3 reddit with people encountering their saves being lost. I have put in 10 hours so far and scared to play it any more until we have official recognition of the issue from Larian and plans to fix it. From my experience on the Series X, it's crashed on me at least 10 times over the weekend, it is buggy.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Myself and my husband lost ~5 hours of progress yesterday, which is recoverable, but we're scared to keep playing if the saves are just going to get deleted. I've seen the tweet from Larian, but there is no Xbox system update and it hasn't been made clear whether 1.5.2.0 fixes this issue. Would really appreciate some more communication from Larian on this.

P
stranger
stranger
P
My Baldur's Gate 3 is broken now following their latest patch. Prior to their latest patch my save games would be deleted.

I have followed *every* troubleshooting option

My xbox is up to date Power is in sleep mode, not shut-down
Whenever I quit the game, I would make sure it doesn't go into Quick Resume
*These "fixes" (the ones they recommend following supplied by MS/Xbox) do nothing to fix the current issue of it not even launching now after a fresh install with the latest patch

Going offline doesn't fix it ?
Reducing file saves quantity for the save game issue (prior to patch 1.5.0.2) ?
Disconnecting from Larian account ?
Deleting all save data then the game then reDL ?
It's a code issue, not user.

My original Tweet following Patch 1.5.0.2 has a video now of how it "launches" (splash screen, then into a black screen, and stays idle on this black/blank screen indefinitely).
https://x.com/PopCultured4/status/1734274224137871531?s=20

I am devastated because I have lost 3x save files: 1x 6hr & 3x 10hr (I had the weekend off to play it but it was a waste of time bc progress can't be continued).

Larian Posts on this issue:
via @Cromwelp: https://x.com/Cromwelp/status/1734386944174407915?s=20
via @LarianStudios: https://x.com/larianstudios/status/1734209233955000614?s=20

Community Manager
Community Manager
Hello! The team at Xbox are aware and currently looking into this issue: https://twitter.com/XboxSupport/status/1734708439916417120

"Xbox is aware of a problem that can cause players to lose saved progress in Baldur’s Gate 3. In order to avoid this issue players should save their game and then return to the Xbox dashboard and select “Quit Game” or “Save to Quick Resume” from the game menu (Home, Game, Select, and then choose "Save to Quick Resume" or "Quit") when they finish playing. Users should not disconnect their console from the power. Users should select “shut down” from the console menu and leave their Xbox connected to power. We are working to fix this ASAP. Known issues: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...023/b1ac114c-7799-4946-b8f8-1c50ad5926d5 "

stranger
stranger
There's been a new update that has been released by Microsoft (A system update not a BG3 update). Though it is being met with some unclear results. People are still reporting saves being lost unfortunately but I've seen one person get their save back on a Reddit post. It's hard to tell where the issue stands right now from the perspective of Xbox support but it seems as though players are still having issues.

I've personally put my playthrough on hold for now until there's confirmation about a fix.

In addition to what Salo said, and for the sake of details, while I didn't experience saves being lost I did not use Quick Resume. Some people are mentioning that keeping saves to a minimum has been helping but I've also seen mixed results with that. (IE: Two Auto Saves, Two Quick Saves, and 2-3 Manual Saves for example. And if making a new save, then deleting one of the slots and making a new one instead of overwriting.)

Fingers crossed more news comes about the issue. I've played 10-12 hours and loved my time with it so far; I'm a bit worried and scared to continue now though.

There's lots of posts on the Baldur's Gate 3 Reddit but I've found this post to be pretty consolidating with OP providing some updates and links together: https://old.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/18e4mq4/xbox_saves_for_baldurs_gate_3_are_being_lost/

Last edited by TheShutterNinja; 14/12/23 02:15 PM. Reason: Added link with some info

If not now, when?
P
stranger
stranger
P
I am done with Xbox version! Some game saves disappeared, and those that are stored on cloud can not be opened on Mac version. Great work guys!!! You rocks!!!

Last edited by Petr Podzimek; 14/12/23 08:20 PM. Reason: Misspellings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey! As TheShutterNinja mentioned, there's a new firmware update for Xbox that at the moment needs updating manually: https://larian.com/support/faqs/disappearing-save-files-xbox_109

If you update the console to the latest firmware and afterwards still experience issues with losing saves, could you let our support team know? (the firmware version should be 2921)

T
stranger
stranger
T
hi, the firmware update didnt solve the issue, i also checked on reddit a lot of ppl still having this issue after the update.

P
stranger
stranger
P
As I stated, I did all the troubleshooting, and these solutions provided so far do NOT work. And the workarounds don't provide permanent solutions - once power is lost, the saves are lost too.
(my xbox goes to sleep mode, but if we restart - soft or hard, or power shuts down, or the game crashes, those save games go away)
I couldn't update sooner because the forums are also always going down.

There is a new firmware update expected from Xbox on Monday (actual time unknown, current fw = ...2921)
this is happening to more and more of us and to expect players to do a song and dance to fix one game is ridiculous... it's really ruined my experience of what's supposed to be 2023's best GOTY frown

Last edited by popcultured4; 17/12/23 09:29 AM.
Y
stranger
stranger
Y
Today my problem with saving files escalated. I had a well known problem with saving files. I followed the recommendations so my xbox is up to date, I every time quit the game etc. But today when I started BG3 I was greeted with the EULA, nudity settings and video settings. Like when you first start the game. I haven't lost few save files today. I lost them all, even my campaign doesn't exist. I can't load anything, I can't continue. The game only offers me a new game. All is lost. Is there any solution?

Last edited by Yannick; 17/12/23 09:51 PM.
P
stranger
stranger
P
On my Xbox I can save and load games as expected. But very often game crash on start. Also menu is without music maybe later...
Looks like BG3 on Xbox is FOTY 2023!!!

M
stranger
stranger
M
I've lost all my saves with around 60+ hours of progress (I was at Shar Temple) today.
I quick resumed the game and everything seemed fine, except I couldn't save or load the game, it was saying that there was not enough space.
I was unaware of such issue, so I decided to restart the game. And then all my saves were gone.
So now I feel extremely devastated =( I was really enjoying the game and I would really won't to continue the exact run I've been doing, but it seems to be impossible, I can't imagine replaying every little detail the same way.
Hope there is any chance to restore it, or I'm afraid I'm done =(

D
stranger
stranger
D
Since I last commented in this thread I have lost my campaign while playing on the latest patch (1.5.3.0) and the latest system update (14 Dec, OS version last four numbers are 2921). I followed every single step in the Microsoft answers guide that Larian support sent me when Larian support said it was fixed, and when I say every step I mean every step because I'm autistic, I followed that guide to the letter. Still lost my whole campaign.

I want to play the game, but it's been more than a week now and there's no indication of when a fix could be coming or how I would even know that the game is now safe to play. Larian support already told me the issue was fixed by the Microsoft update when that wasn't true, and their Twitter account hasn't talked about the issue for days. How will I know when the issue is fixed?

P
stranger
stranger
P
Yesterday lost all my save files, is there anything to do?

L
stranger
stranger
L
Hi folks
I experiment same problems with xbox series s.
The game got an update,infact the sex scene preferences as been adedd as firts launch of the configuration, plus a a couple of option menus in the custom campaign config.
My saving got lost, and plus I cannot save any progress because the game tell me to erase previous saving ,but as far as I know it's not possibile to reach the folders in the o.s. of the consolle. Thank god I had just play very few of the game , but as long as the developers don't fix the problem, I simply cannot play the game.
I'll keep looking at this topic for further updates: I hope they'll fix the problem because I was really enjoing the game!

I
stranger
stranger
I
Lost my second character in act 2. Played on previous version of game (with hot fix 14 I guess). My Xbox series s is up to date (2921). Cross saves were enabled and I was doing all the recommendations (quitting the game etc.) in addition I made only 5 saves in total (which costed me Minthara’s recruitment).
Nothing worked.
Later I was able to recover one last save. I did not know what actually helped. I was restarting Xbox, starting the game online and offline several times. And one online game start and crosssaving seems to work. I received my last save and was able to continue playing and make new saves. Still it took me a while of rebooting and restarting the game. Hope some one will be able to recover their saves too.
Still I think I will stop playing and after the problem will be 100% fixed start from the beginning cause I not received Minthara in Moon tower because I knock her out in “constant” agro mode (ridiculous!!!)

R
stranger
stranger
R
Just Lost all my saves except the two oldest in the prologue...

20h lost and yet my game and console Series X are up to date.

Please Larian, fix this quickly and communicate about it.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Has anyone lost a save while updated to the newest build on Xbox (1.5.4.0, from last night)? I'm not testing it myself because there's no way I'm being burned again after losing saves twice, but maybe someone else out there has.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I have lost my entire character (70-80hrs) today at around 3 pm. I tried logging in on two different Xbox’s to no avail. I was playing and lost power to my Xbox. When I logged back on. I had no saved character and wanted me to start a new character like I booted up the game for the first time. Very discouraging :-(. I hope there is a fix soon.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard