Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
stranger
stranger
god ive been having the same issue from the moment we entered act 3... we've been playing for a week non-stop and it breaks my heart knowing i cant play for the time being because of something thats completely out of my control... are there any, and i mean ANY workarounds that helped at least one person? i really dont wanna give up on this playthrough we spent 60 hours in it and im just devastated... i tried of course verifying steam files to no avail, i also tried the sending my characher to the camp method but it didnt work either. it sucks because ive been loving this game so far, it started becoming one of my favorites of all time and id hate for a bug to just ruing everything...

P
stranger
stranger
P
Issue has persisted over the past few patches. Would be nice if it was ackowledged by Larian. Easily replicatable, happens only in Act 3 on the client side.

My friend and I persisted through a save to the end but it would happen so frequently, no fixes or workarounds besides hoping for the best when loading into a different area within Lower City.
We've started a new save without any issues throughout Act 1 and 2, but the exact second we stepped into lower city for the first time in Act 3, the client-game (I'm hosting) stopped working.

Last edited by phoub; 29/02/24 02:14 PM.

phoub
P
stranger
stranger
P
bump

phoub
S
stranger
stranger
S
Me and my daughter just progressed to Lower City and had this same problem: my game started with some of the characters sliding around, but on her screen people were just standing with their hands to the sides and even the UI failed to load completely. When I (the host) tried to engage in a conversation with an NPC, the game became unresponsive. On a second try, I attempted to return to the upper city, but the loading screen just never went away.

P
stranger
stranger
P
bump

phoub
N
stranger
stranger
N
Same here for our multiplayer campain.

First happend when exiting the sewer, now it's on 70% of the loading in this area. The client T pose and can't interract anymore forcing an Alt+F4 quit.

When the host is in a stuck loading screen, client quitting the game seems to unstuck the loading.

We tried :
- Slow HDD mode (seems to help, at least not happening everytime since active)
- Swapping the save to change the host. On the very first load get T-pose.
- DX11 to Vulkan.
- Praying to multiple divinity.

Nothing seems to work. It is our first run and we don't wan't to spoil the third act with single player campain aside.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Larian pls

phoub
R
ratbaby Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Just an update about this --

I have a reddit thread going as well for the exact same issue that's gotten a little traction, and it got a reply from one of Larian's Community Strategists. If anyone here is interested, here's how you can send your info to Larian so they can get more information and hopefully fix this one:

Hey everyone,

Larian Studios' Sr. Community Strategist here!

The team are eager to look into this issue and would like a few individuals to send in their savegames so it can be investigated further.

If you're experiencing the issue on this thread, please follow the steps in this link to obtain your savegame file, and email it to community@larian.com.

Thank you in advance!

M
stranger
stranger
M
Thanks for the update. Just sent my save to them. The instructions to get your save are here: https://larian.com/support/faqs/retrieving-requested-files_81 under "Saved Games". Remember, it should be a .lsv file. I had to ask my host to follow the instructions and send me their save, for me to send to Larian. Please do so while the the iron's hot and they're taking an active interest in this issue

EDIT: Here is the reddit thread for anyone interested, where you can also see the Sr. Community Strategist's response: https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/18ch2tu/act_3_multiplayer_tposing_crashing/

Last edited by marnzeio; 18/03/24 08:41 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
Just to bump, I am also having the exact same issue on Multiplayer. The game was almost flawless until entering Lower City in Act 3.

G
stranger
stranger
G
I use an M1 24" Mac with 16GB Ram and latest OS and have been playing primality with three friends (all on PCs) in multiplayer since game launch. I have a very solid 500MB ethernet connection to my ISP. I have not run any mods.

Many of the hot fixes over the last several months have precipitated problems with BG3 crashing during the load process, especially in outside environments. When patch 6 was released we(I) had one of the best gameplay experiences where graphics all worked perfectly. Then hot fix #25 landed this week and I could not load in multiplayer at all, regardless of inside or outside environment. Always stalls at 100%. In this case we were in Act 3 in Lower City.

Hard to hazard a guess as to what is causing this problem, but I sure wish hot fixes would be tested among a cadre of users in multiplayer before the hot fix is released. This has been a very frustrating ride. Game is awesome, when it functions as advertised. But really sucks when it doesn't.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Just to confirm here the team is aware of this issue and they are currently working on it!

R
ratbaby Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Thank you! This is such incredible news.

O
stranger
stranger
O
Awesome news! Hope you’ll find the solution, we can’t complete the campaign for 6 months because of this bug.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by Salo
Just to confirm here the team is aware of this issue and they are currently working on it!

Any update on this?????? It has been nearly a year and still haven't been able to finish my first playthrough.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard