So! I just got to Moonrise, after making Minthara temporarily hostile and knocking her out, and I'm pleased to say that recruiting her went off without a hitch.

She was in the main hall getting verbally lambasted by Z'rell and Ketheric, and they sent her down into the prison for her failure to find the artefact. This scene was nicely done.

Then I went downstairs and Minthara was in the "torture chamber" area adjacent to the prison, and two questioners were "erasing" her mind. This part was also pretty well done. I killed the guards and then led Minthara out past the other guards (outside) and away from Moonrise. This part seemed a bit underdeveloped as none of the guards became hostile or even asked questions about me helping her break out.

Then I had a conversation with her, she thanked me for rescuing her etc., connected with my character's mind and got completely up to date on everything, and then I told her she could stay at my camp. Back at camp, I was able to recruit her to my party, level her up, and have a long conversation with her. This conversation seemed buggy, as she was referring to things that hadn't happened yet, like Shadowheart rejecting Shar. (I haven't been to the Gauntlet of Shar or anything.)

She does have an issue where you can't see certain parts of her body if she's not wearing equipment on them, on her Character Sheet screen. And I don't know how she'll interact with Halsin as he's currently at the Last Light Inn, chillin'. Shadowheart, Astarion, and Lae'zel don't seem super pleased to have her in the party, even though (I'm pretty sure) I got the tags "Astarion approves" and "Lae'zel approves" when I recruited her.

There is no romance option with her (saying "I'd like to talk about a private matter" just leads to no dialogue options), which is fine with me because I'm romancing Shadowheart. But this might bother other players.

As I noted earlier, in Act 1 I was able to successfully knock her out without any crashes. The only buggy aspect was that she was standing in her spot and I couldn't interact with her after knocking her out and long resting. Her Act 2 recruitment went well but it could stand to be fleshed out a bit more. I would prefer if the guards who saw her turned hostile as we were escaping.

Wanted to share my experience!

EDIT: After she's been in my party for a bit, I do wish that they would flesh her character out more. It seems like she could have a really interesting story. But she feels kinda... empty?

Last edited by Ecc2ca; 15/12/23 05:05 AM.