Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 26 27
Originally Posted by LordGMLP
than petioning developers who want to preserve their artistic vision and narrative and force players down a narrower path.
I understand the point you're making. I also have a lot less faith in them after reading the IGN article, but most of us at this point just want them to address her bugs and give us a proper fix. That's the bare minimum they could give us and has nothing to do with artistic vision. I at least hope you've been sending them bug reports, because installing mods and silently hoping Larian is somehow enticed by this is hardly what I would call a better alternative.

Minthara bug list, updated for Hotfix #22.
Yeah, bugfixing is not what mods should be for. It should not be too much to expect Larian to simply get her as functional as every other companion unless they start getting very transparent about why Minthara seems so much harder for them to get working as they say she should be.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I think its a good sign, actually... or it may be my cope

Larian isn't Blizzard or some other scummy company, they have done so many updates since the game launch and their sales + player retention numbers have blown every estimated metric.
If Minthara is not getting a simple finalized bug fix is probably because they have some bigger plans for her... like why spend money on the same project twice?

So something big is probably coming... at least I am crossing my fingers.

veteran
veteran
Those are my thoughts as well, they're probably just cooking something and will address her properly eventually since Larian themselves are now okay with her no longer being exclusive to only her path. Sucks that she's not as fleshed out as the rest and for so long, but she isn't the only one either.

Larian simply rushed the release as the game is still being treated as an Early Access since lots of stuff is still being put in, optimized, completely changed or reworked. Karlach for example is very bare bones for an Origin companion, is missing some several comments about Dark Urge moments and she ain't even on any of the promotional arts, not even on the in-game loading screen grin

Personally though I'm quite happy to see them cooking up new stuff for the game, every update feels quite fresh and fun to explore ^^

Ninii Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Eddiar
So something big is probably coming... at least I am crossing my fingers.

I think this is
[Linked Image from media1.tenor.com]

....but I hope you're right, larian i beg

A
stranger
stranger
A
Oh sweet summer child…

Not sure how Larian does things but 4 months of constant bugs is never a good sign in my eyes. They’re free to make me eat my words, I damn sure hope they do. I’m just not spending another second hoping they’re going to add more to Minthy UNLESS they give us an explanation why they're having THIS much trouble fixing her in the first place.

Minthara has been broken for 556 days.
Yeah, I think addressing her problems would be a very good start from them, but even that remains to be seen so I totally understand the skepticism. Maybe it's cope, but after letting my thoughts simmer through, I'm also keeping a fairly optimistic view. Considering their history with DOS2, a part of me thinks they're not closing all the doors just yet. If they decide to develop Minthara further, I humbly request a more fleshed out and better integrated recruitment, regardless if that involves improving her current one (not talking about KO) or adding a new option entirely. And a companion quest please! :3

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
I'd say playtesting their own patch "fixes" would be a start. It is weird when you play the game and don't even know whether something is intended or a bug. When I recruited Minthara (using the knock out method), she had two dialogues (one about her opinions, and the generic one about low approval). And I play GFN, so I can't exactly look up her dialogue files to check what is supposed to be there.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Just got Minthara with the knock out method too. She’s been a blast so far. Hopefully they fix her soon.

Maybe this something big is the ultimatum between her and Halsin. I saw it got leaked xD

Ninii Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by nilhelm
Maybe this something big is the ultimatum between her and Halsin. I saw it got leaked xD

yea that's probably coming but is more of a fix to the issue of them sharing a camp/being unintended to be recruited together than adding content to her sadly :')

A
stranger
stranger
A
Bumping this because they still haven’t fixed her. It shouldn’t be too much to ask??

Minthara has been broken for 556 days.
old hand
old hand
Hum seems like they should at least fix the fact that she accuses you of cheating when you actually haven’t. That seems like quite a widespread bug.

Yep, that’s the most noticeable bug so it gets pointed out the most. Reminding you all that Minthara is also supposed to have a kiss option in camp but it’s still not appearing despite the amount of attention brought to it on every other platform.

Patch 4:
"Kissing Minthara can now sometimes have an additional ramification."
The wording implies the option has always existed, but it didn't have ramifications prior to this patch.

Hotfix 11:
"Minthara should now properly kiss a second time without the need to retrigger the dialogue."
Larian is still under the impression that it works for some people (it's not).

Patch 5:
"A romanced Minthara can now refer to her bond with you using a drow word for deep, unbreakable love."
This one's not triggering either. Widespread issue, but most people don't notice because they don't read the patch notes.

My conclusion here is Larian has a magical build of the game where Minthara is fully functional that is somehow inaccessible to us. Either this is caused by lack of playtesting or neglect on Minthara in particular (because most people don't recruit her), it's impossible for them to be unaware of this now.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I tried to recruit Minthara (by not murdering the druids, mind you) and wasn't aware that she was supposed to be "temporarily knocked out" for her to be recruitable. I mean, what's the point of having "temporarily knocked out" and "permanently" since... well, you may only use the hability to knock people out WHEN you actually want them to live and maybe be able to talk to them after. So... yeah, I don't really understand the option to "permanently" or "temporarily" knock someone out.

Anyway, speaking about Minthara.

I knocked her out (probably permanently since she's not in Act 2 at all) and now I stopped playing cause I'm really disappointed.

I mean... I get fixing her romance is important, but could we have at least a fix for people being able to recruit her with permanent AND temporary knock out ?
I don't really have the strengh to replay everything just to be sure to "TEMPORARILY" knock her out smirk

(I found some mods that helps, but it's either full "have her whenever wherever you want in your party, logic be damned!" (seems to be completly ... uninteresting for me) or "install this BEFORE act 2 and everything should be okay to recruit her" (but mentions some bugs in camp and all). So I stopped, hoping that a small fix would help. I did almost everything in Act 2 BEFORE going to towers (except Nightsong) so even the "install before Act 2" feels like I wasted so much time ;-; )

Would be great if, at least, she was recruitable without this "tempo/perma knock" thingy.

Last edited by Dreamcatcher; 26/12/23 07:17 AM.
C
stranger
stranger
C
For me the same.

I did these steps in Act 1:
1. Talk to Minthara and promised that I will talk to the prisoner.
2. Freed Halsin and start to attack the Goblins
3. Knocked out Minthara. She got the status "Permanently Knocked out"

Now I'm in Moonrise Tower and there is no Minthara. Only the goblin from the Windmill in the destroyed village.
Is this a bug?
In the news pages there was only written that I have to knock her out when I attack the goblin leaders. No other steps.

apprentice
apprentice
Hi all, back again here! I've nearly finished my first run with Minthara. Starting to find missing reactions from her here and there and I'm not sure if that's intended.

Originally Posted by Count Dooku
For me the same.

Now I'm in Moonrise Tower and there is no Minthara. Only the goblin from the Windmill in the destroyed village.
Is this a bug?
In the news pages there was only written that I have to knock her out when I attack the goblin leaders. No other steps.

This is not a bug. You just didn't do it the way you're supposed to. I know, I had to learn this the hard way too... Just to be safe, make sure to knock her out before attacking the goblins and she has to be temporarily hostile. If you attack Ragzlin, it will aggro the entire camp including Minthara and you won't be able to recruit her.

Originally Posted by rendemption
Patch 4:
"Kissing Minthara can now sometimes have an additional ramification."
The wording implies the option has always existed, but it didn't have ramifications prior to this patch.

Hotfix 11:
"Minthara should now properly kiss a second time without the need to retrigger the dialogue."
Larian is still under the impression that it works for some people (it's not).

Patch 5:
"A romanced Minthara can now refer to her bond with you using a drow word for deep, unbreakable love."
This one's not triggering either. Widespread issue, but most people don't notice because they don't read the patch notes.

I sent a bug report about this last week. I doubt it's going to help much if they've been aware of this for months but hey, might be worth reminding...
I also sent a suggestion to make knocking her out easier. Who knows what they'll be cooking up? I'm glad I got to finish the year with Minthy though. Lack of content and all, she's been a great addition smile

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by Count Dooku
For me the same.

Is this a bug?
Apparently if a permanently hostile character is knocked out, the game counts them as dead. So for this method to work, she needs to have the 'temporarily hostile' status, because then the characters count as ok. A temporarily hostile, knocked out character, should be back up after a long rest.

Last edited by saeran; 26/12/23 08:55 AM.
Ninii Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
the KO recruitment being as broken as it is is just another piece on a list of bugs which leads me to question why it seems like they just don't put that much care and effort into minthara as a character... which in return begs the question why they made her a full companion if they clearly aren't motivated to work on her? unless all of this is a huge misunderstanding and they really have a magical copy of the game where she works without bugs and somehow also magically haven't gotten the memo that she's still bugged and not working as intended.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
My guess Larian have intended for Minthara to be at least a camp companion, if not party, to balance out that a good playthrough would have Halsin as camp companion (and also Jaheira and Minsc). But the the entire main story got changed to make room for the emperor late in development, and I think they did not bother with the evil path because it was less popular. So now they try to patch her to fit into a good playthrough instead, but they don't playtest content properly before releasing the patch.

Ninii Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by saeran
But the the entire main story got changed to make room for the emperor late in development

they said in the recent interview the emperor was a focal point of the story right away, or at least the "spot" he takes up in the story, i think just the character got reskinned? i heard something about another character filling his spot before, but the function he holds in the story was always filled

Originally Posted by saeran
but they don't playtest content properly before releasing the patch.

this is one of if not the biggest issue they have, i haven't experienced a game like this where content gets patched in half finished into the full release of the game, like minthara's KO recruitment causing a set of new bugs and her showing up naked which - while funny - kind of takes away her dignity and paints her in a more silly light in the eyes of the players, while she isn't meant as a primarily silly character, they're basically shooting their own character in a way, good job larian

Page 4 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard