Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
Hello everyone,

We have a new hotfix for you this week, addressing a number of crashes, blockers, and gameplay issues.

Have you found some characters’ faces turning into stretched eldritch horrors with pits of flesh in place of eyes? That should not be a problem anymore!

This hotfix also addresses an issue that was preventing players from loading a save if the mods used had changed. Bear in mind some saves might still not load depending on the mods that have changed, but the menu should now let you continue.

Japanese language is now available for PC on Steam and PS5 (in Japan only). We continue to work to bring it to other platforms!

Thank you for taking the time to submit these issues to us. If you have any bugs to report, please reach out to our support team. Thank you for playing Baldur’s Gate 3!

CRASHES AND BLOCKERS
  • Fixed a potential crash during autosave after moving to another level.
  • Fixed a multiplayer crash that could occur for the client when the host loads a savegame after a Game Over screen.
  • Fixed a crash related to deleted physics objects.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when you disarmed an NPC twice during combat and made them drop two different weapons (e.g. because they were dual-wielding), incapacitated them, and ended the combat without killing them, and then the incapacitating condition got removed.
  • Fixed not being able to load a savegame that was started with a mod that's now missing.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur on Xbox when losing internet connection while editing a lobby name.
  • Fixed a potential crash on Xbox related to the game checking whether you have the Deluxe Edition.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when swapping to Honour Mode.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when changing levels.

PERFORMANCE AND CODE
  • Fixed potential performance issues at the end of the cinematic where Shadowheart
    kills Nightsong
    in the Shadowfell.
  • Fixed an issue related to lava bubbles near the Sentient Amulet in Grymforge causing savegames to become very large.
  • Fixed a memory issue when closing containers on controller.
  • Fixed the Low Model Quality option sometimes not working as expected.
  • Fixed an issue that could make certain special items, like the Idol of Silvanus, enter the wrong state when decluttered to a Traveller's Chest.
  • Reduced memory usage related to animation skinning.

MULTIPLAYER
  • Fixed the Traveller's Chests sometimes disappearing when changing to or from Honour Mode in the Multiplayer Settings.
  • Fixed a multiplayer issue where, if the host was controlling a companion and a split-screen client joined the game, the client would gain control of the host's avatar.
  • Fixed a multiplayer issue where a reconnecting player wouldn't get their characters assigned back to them correctly.
  • Fixed Player 2 not being able to prepare spells if Player 1 moves their focus during a split-screen game.

FLOW AND GAMEPLAY
  • Addressed an issue that prevented you from talking to NPCs at camp when going to camp via the Long Rest button.
  • Fixed some wrong character behaviours likely introduced in Patch 4.
  • The 'Deal with the Devil' quest now accounts for different outcomes in the Epilogue.
  • Karlach should now get her scene in
    Avernus
    , regardless of whether she's an avatar or a companion.
  • Fixed companions not being able to jump when following the player character.
  • Fixed an issue where ending the tutorial with only Lae'zel alive prevented you from saving the game in Act I.
  • Fixed Gale's dialogue ending abruptly when you ask him what he wanted to show.
  • Fixed player factions sometimes becoming hostile towards each other when they shouldn't.
  • Fixed Create or Destroy Water only casting Create Water at Level 2.

OTHER FIXES
  • The Korean language pack is now enabled on Mac.
  • Fixed some weapon textures.
  • Fixed several cases of what we've dubbed the Pinocchio issue, where characters' noses (and cheeks) get stretched in cinematics. They also happen to lose their eyeballs, turning the sockets into pits of flesh.
  • Fixed equipment tooltips opened via the Inventory sometimes randomly closing on controller without player input.

Bard of Suzail
Bard of Suzail
Still no word on the shield bash bug? We get the animation but it does nothing.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Salo

Very nice! A small but annoying bug, glad to see it gone grin

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Crimsomrider

Very nice! A small but annoying bug, glad to see it gone grin

Came here to say this!!

It makes a big difference in climactic scenes, whether you’re having to constantly switch to get people to jump, or if it just flows like it’s supposed to

Halsin is still not fixed. No fixes for point/click lines, no fixes for spellcasting lines. Nothing. He has issues since the release, it's been several months now. Yes, I know, Larian are aware, but the issue is old and they fix new stuff now.
When? When our poor druid, who has tons of problems (not only those I mentioned) will be treated... somehow?

Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
Originally Posted by Noelle666
Halsin is still not fixed. No fixes for point/click lines, no fixes for spellcasting lines. Nothing. He has issues since the release, it's been several months now. Yes, I know, Larian are aware, but the issue is old and they fix new stuff now.
When? When our poor druid, who has tons of problems (not only those I mentioned) will be treated... somehow?
Hey! The team is aware of this issue with Halsin's voice lines and they are looking into it.

addict
addict
How's Minthara doing?

stranger
stranger
Fixed some wrong character behaviours likely introduced in Patch 4.

Is Minthara erroneously thinking that you cheated on her fixed, yes or no?

V
stranger
stranger
V
I cannot open the pile of earth at Cazador's palace. I have 2 shovels but my character (alone, separated from group) still won't dig.

J
J
Twas the last Hotfix before Christmas

stranger
stranger
Thanks for being Hotfixed on Mac at the same time! Hope the Mac Larian team is doing well, rock(spell) on!

F
stranger
stranger
F
This bricked my M1 Mac install. It freezes on the Larian intro screen when I launch from Steam. Now entirely unplayable.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Minthara is just never going to get fixed nor addressed huh?

Minthara has been broken for 556 days.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by DOS2enjoyer

That’s not a direct mention so I believe it’s still there for some people.

A romanced Minthara can now refer to her bond with you using a drow word for deep, unbreakable love.

This is also not appearing in my playthrough and for many others it seems. Come now Larian. Pay attention to Minthara too. I just got her and I’m saddened to hear she’s still bugged…

Last edited by Greek Tragedy; 22/12/23 04:47 AM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
When will Hotfix #15 come to GOG?
Or, when can I play in Japanese Lang on GOG?

veteran
veteran
It's already on Gog but I don't know about jap-lang sorry

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
M
stranger
stranger
M
Oh, it's true! Thx Ussnorway.
But I cant select Japanese lang...Buying BG3 on GOG may be mistake...

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Greek Tragedy
Originally Posted by DOS2enjoyer

That’s not a direct mention so I believe it’s still there for some people.

A romanced Minthara can now refer to her bond with you using a drow word for deep, unbreakable love.

This is also not appearing in my playthrough and for many others it seems. Come now Larian. Pay attention to Minthara too. I just got her and I’m saddened to hear she’s still bugged…

Yeah, I had to stop playing the game until she is fixed. I was willing to go on without seeing the one big romance scene that is still apparently not playing, but I am not willing to go on with the entire player interaction bricked, and who knows what else is missing.

Frankly the tone of that patch note was annoying - "we may or may not have fixed a certain selection of the character problems, conditionally of course, maybe" - that's why I had to ask. But yeah, the (implied) answer is obviously that no, nothing about Minthara has been fixed.

Known issue.

I have learned to avoid funding Early Access games in the past, because most of them don't deliver. I think BG3 is my cue to start avoiding games that have been through an Early Access phase at all, for at least a year after release - because so many of them seem to just call it release whenever it suits their budget/when they need cash, not when the game is complete.

B
B
Saw a small update (only a few MB or so) being installed this morning after the rollout of hotfix 15 yesterday. The version number hasn't changed but does someone know what this update was about? Thanks!

I
stranger
stranger
I
Hello Im on the Xbox Series X version and Im running into a main quest breaking bug at the goblin camp where you need to dispatch the leaders. after dispatching them Halsin nor the Tieflings back at the grove recognize them as dead. Ive tried reloading, Redoing it in different orders, long resting, using speak to dead on them, pushing them into a crevasse, nothing seems to check mark that any of them are actually dead. I can't progress the story due to this bug. Does anyone know of a fix for this or if the team knows about this?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard