Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
Hello everyone,

We have a new hotfix for you this week, addressing a number of crashes, blockers, and gameplay issues.

Have you found some characters’ faces turning into stretched eldritch horrors with pits of flesh in place of eyes? That should not be a problem anymore!

This hotfix also addresses an issue that was preventing players from loading a save if the mods used had changed. Bear in mind some saves might still not load depending on the mods that have changed, but the menu should now let you continue.

Japanese language is now available for PC on Steam and PS5 (in Japan only). We continue to work to bring it to other platforms!

Thank you for taking the time to submit these issues to us. If you have any bugs to report, please reach out to our support team. Thank you for playing Baldur’s Gate 3!

CRASHES AND BLOCKERS
  • Fixed a potential crash during autosave after moving to another level.
  • Fixed a multiplayer crash that could occur for the client when the host loads a savegame after a Game Over screen.
  • Fixed a crash related to deleted physics objects.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when you disarmed an NPC twice during combat and made them drop two different weapons (e.g. because they were dual-wielding), incapacitated them, and ended the combat without killing them, and then the incapacitating condition got removed.
  • Fixed not being able to load a savegame that was started with a mod that's now missing.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur on Xbox when losing internet connection while editing a lobby name.
  • Fixed a potential crash on Xbox related to the game checking whether you have the Deluxe Edition.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when swapping to Honour Mode.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when changing levels.

PERFORMANCE AND CODE
  • Fixed potential performance issues at the end of the cinematic where Shadowheart
    kills Nightsong
    in the Shadowfell.
  • Fixed an issue related to lava bubbles near the Sentient Amulet in Grymforge causing savegames to become very large.
  • Fixed a memory issue when closing containers on controller.
  • Fixed the Low Model Quality option sometimes not working as expected.
  • Fixed an issue that could make certain special items, like the Idol of Silvanus, enter the wrong state when decluttered to a Traveller's Chest.
  • Reduced memory usage related to animation skinning.

MULTIPLAYER
  • Fixed the Traveller's Chests sometimes disappearing when changing to or from Honour Mode in the Multiplayer Settings.
  • Fixed a multiplayer issue where, if the host was controlling a companion and a split-screen client joined the game, the client would gain control of the host's avatar.
  • Fixed a multiplayer issue where a reconnecting player wouldn't get their characters assigned back to them correctly.
  • Fixed Player 2 not being able to prepare spells if Player 1 moves their focus during a split-screen game.

FLOW AND GAMEPLAY
  • Addressed an issue that prevented you from talking to NPCs at camp when going to camp via the Long Rest button.
  • Fixed some wrong character behaviours likely introduced in Patch 4.
  • The 'Deal with the Devil' quest now accounts for different outcomes in the Epilogue.
  • Karlach should now get her scene in
    Avernus
    , regardless of whether she's an avatar or a companion.
  • Fixed companions not being able to jump when following the player character.
  • Fixed an issue where ending the tutorial with only Lae'zel alive prevented you from saving the game in Act I.
  • Fixed Gale's dialogue ending abruptly when you ask him what he wanted to show.
  • Fixed player factions sometimes becoming hostile towards each other when they shouldn't.
  • Fixed Create or Destroy Water only casting Create Water at Level 2.

OTHER FIXES
  • The Korean language pack is now enabled on Mac.
  • Fixed some weapon textures.
  • Fixed several cases of what we've dubbed the Pinocchio issue, where characters' noses (and cheeks) get stretched in cinematics. They also happen to lose their eyeballs, turning the sockets into pits of flesh.
  • Fixed equipment tooltips opened via the Inventory sometimes randomly closing on controller without player input.

Bard of Suzail
Bard of Suzail
Still no word on the shield bash bug? We get the animation but it does nothing.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Salo

Very nice! A small but annoying bug, glad to see it gone grin

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Crimsomrider

Very nice! A small but annoying bug, glad to see it gone grin

Came here to say this!!

It makes a big difference in climactic scenes, whether you’re having to constantly switch to get people to jump, or if it just flows like it’s supposed to

Halsin is still not fixed. No fixes for point/click lines, no fixes for spellcasting lines. Nothing. He has issues since the release, it's been several months now. Yes, I know, Larian are aware, but the issue is old and they fix new stuff now.
When? When our poor druid, who has tons of problems (not only those I mentioned) will be treated... somehow?

Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
Originally Posted by Noelle666
Halsin is still not fixed. No fixes for point/click lines, no fixes for spellcasting lines. Nothing. He has issues since the release, it's been several months now. Yes, I know, Larian are aware, but the issue is old and they fix new stuff now.
When? When our poor druid, who has tons of problems (not only those I mentioned) will be treated... somehow?
Hey! The team is aware of this issue with Halsin's voice lines and they are looking into it.

addict
addict
How's Minthara doing?

stranger
stranger
Fixed some wrong character behaviours likely introduced in Patch 4.

Is Minthara erroneously thinking that you cheated on her fixed, yes or no?

V
stranger
stranger
V
I cannot open the pile of earth at Cazador's palace. I have 2 shovels but my character (alone, separated from group) still won't dig.

J
journeyman
journeyman
J
Twas the last Hotfix before Christmas

stranger
stranger
Thanks for being Hotfixed on Mac at the same time! Hope the Mac Larian team is doing well, rock(spell) on!

F
stranger
stranger
F
This bricked my M1 Mac install. It freezes on the Larian intro screen when I launch from Steam. Now entirely unplayable.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Minthara is just never going to get fixed nor addressed huh?

Minthara has been broken for 556 days.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by DOS2enjoyer

That’s not a direct mention so I believe it’s still there for some people.

A romanced Minthara can now refer to her bond with you using a drow word for deep, unbreakable love.

This is also not appearing in my playthrough and for many others it seems. Come now Larian. Pay attention to Minthara too. I just got her and I’m saddened to hear she’s still bugged…

Last edited by Greek Tragedy; 22/12/23 04:47 AM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
When will Hotfix #15 come to GOG?
Or, when can I play in Japanese Lang on GOG?

veteran
veteran
It's already on Gog but I don't know about jap-lang sorry

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
M
stranger
stranger
M
Oh, it's true! Thx Ussnorway.
But I cant select Japanese lang...Buying BG3 on GOG may be mistake...

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Greek Tragedy
Originally Posted by DOS2enjoyer

That’s not a direct mention so I believe it’s still there for some people.

A romanced Minthara can now refer to her bond with you using a drow word for deep, unbreakable love.

This is also not appearing in my playthrough and for many others it seems. Come now Larian. Pay attention to Minthara too. I just got her and I’m saddened to hear she’s still bugged…

Yeah, I had to stop playing the game until she is fixed. I was willing to go on without seeing the one big romance scene that is still apparently not playing, but I am not willing to go on with the entire player interaction bricked, and who knows what else is missing.

Frankly the tone of that patch note was annoying - "we may or may not have fixed a certain selection of the character problems, conditionally of course, maybe" - that's why I had to ask. But yeah, the (implied) answer is obviously that no, nothing about Minthara has been fixed.

Known issue.

I have learned to avoid funding Early Access games in the past, because most of them don't deliver. I think BG3 is my cue to start avoiding games that have been through an Early Access phase at all, for at least a year after release - because so many of them seem to just call it release whenever it suits their budget/when they need cash, not when the game is complete.

B
B
Saw a small update (only a few MB or so) being installed this morning after the rollout of hotfix 15 yesterday. The version number hasn't changed but does someone know what this update was about? Thanks!

I
stranger
stranger
I
Hello Im on the Xbox Series X version and Im running into a main quest breaking bug at the goblin camp where you need to dispatch the leaders. after dispatching them Halsin nor the Tieflings back at the grove recognize them as dead. Ive tried reloading, Redoing it in different orders, long resting, using speak to dead on them, pushing them into a crevasse, nothing seems to check mark that any of them are actually dead. I can't progress the story due to this bug. Does anyone know of a fix for this or if the team knows about this?

F
stranger
stranger
F
"Colossus Slayer" passive for Ranger class on lvl 3 is still broken , doesn't work for ranged weapons at all on Honour mode difficulty.

O
stranger
stranger
O
As the first post-P5 hotfix for Mac, I was hoping this would finally give us epilogues. I don’t see it explicitly listed but feel like it could fit under one of the broader line items — is this fixed yet or still pending?

Last edited by OneEyeAskew; 23/12/23 04:28 AM. Reason: Typo
S
stranger
stranger
S
Hello guys, thanks for the mods and the npcs jumps fix!!! Can we have some update about the Mol chess game? I tested but it still bugged, thx!.

Last edited by Sombra; 22/12/23 07:07 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
If your environment is Windows+GOG, it is a Japanese language file. Because the same thing is happening in my environment! At last! Japanese!! Thank you soooo much Larian!!! ^o^/

S
stranger
stranger
S
Hey! The team is aware of this issue with Halsin's voice lines and they are looking into it.

There is still the issue of Halsin being unable to join your party if he transforms during battle and sometimes he remains in bear form still

S
stranger
stranger
S
Not to mention the bugs with Will's father still existing. I also have an awkward delay with Laezel's dialogue

veteran
veteran
yes Japanese is an option on Gog Galaxy--- add lang from the 'configure' tab
[Linked Image from gog.com]

mystery sloved

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by FlyInTheVaseline
This bricked my M1 Mac install. It freezes on the Larian intro screen when I launch from Steam. Now entirely unplayable.

I was testing it on mi M2 Max MBP after reading your comment and I just kept playing and forgot all about answering here. It works perfectly. Erase and reinstall maybe?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Hello everyone,

We have a new hotfix for you this week, addressing a number of crashes, blockers, and gameplay issues.

Have you found some characters’ faces turning into stretched eldritch horrors with pits of flesh in place of eyes? That should not be a problem anymore!

This hotfix also addresses an issue that was preventing players from loading a save if the mods used had changed. Bear in mind some saves might still not load depending on the mods that have changed, but the menu should now let you continue.

Japanese language is now available for PC on Steam and PS5 (in Japan only). We continue to work to bring it to other platforms!

Thank you for taking the time to submit these issues to us. If you have any bugs to report, please reach out to our support team. Thank you for playing Baldur’s Gate 3!

CRASHES AND BLOCKERS
  • Fixed a potential crash during autosave after moving to another level.
  • Fixed a multiplayer crash that could occur for the client when the host loads a savegame after a Game Over screen.
  • Fixed a crash related to deleted physics objects.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when you disarmed an NPC twice during combat and made them drop two different weapons (e.g. because they were dual-wielding), incapacitated them, and ended the combat without killing them, and then the incapacitating condition got removed.
  • Fixed not being able to load a savegame that was started with a mod that's now missing.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur on Xbox when losing internet connection while editing a lobby name.
  • Fixed a potential crash on Xbox related to the game checking whether you have the Deluxe Edition.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when swapping to Honour Mode.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when changing levels.

PERFORMANCE AND CODE
  • Fixed potential performance issues at the end of the cinematic where Shadowheart
    kills Nightsong
    in the Shadowfell.
  • Fixed an issue related to lava bubbles near the Sentient Amulet in Grymforge causing savegames to become very large.
  • Fixed a memory issue when closing containers on controller.
  • Fixed the Low Model Quality option sometimes not working as expected.
  • Fixed an issue that could make certain special items, like the Idol of Silvanus, enter the wrong state when decluttered to a Traveller's Chest.
  • Reduced memory usage related to animation skinning.

MULTIPLAYER
  • Fixed the Traveller's Chests sometimes disappearing when changing to or from Honour Mode in the Multiplayer Settings.
  • Fixed a multiplayer issue where, if the host was controlling a companion and a split-screen client joined the game, the client would gain control of the host's avatar.
  • Fixed a multiplayer issue where a reconnecting player wouldn't get their characters assigned back to them correctly.
  • Fixed Player 2 not being able to prepare spells if Player 1 moves their focus during a split-screen game.

FLOW AND GAMEPLAY
  • Addressed an issue that prevented you from talking to NPCs at camp when going to camp via the Long Rest button.
  • Fixed some wrong character behaviours likely introduced in Patch 4.
  • The 'Deal with the Devil' quest now accounts for different outcomes in the Epilogue.
  • Karlach should now get her scene in
    Avernus
    , regardless of whether she's an avatar or a companion.
  • Fixed an issue where ending the tutorial with only Lae'zel alive prevented you from saving the game in Act I.
  • Fixed Gale's dialogue ending abruptly when you ask him what he wanted to show.
  • Fixed player factions sometimes becoming hostile towards each other when they shouldn't.
  • Fixed Create or Destroy Water only casting Create Water at Level 2.

OTHER FIXES
  • The Korean language pack is now enabled on Mac.
  • Fixed some weapon textures.
  • Fixed several cases of what we've dubbed the Pinocchio issue, where characters' noses (and cheeks) get stretched in cinematics. They also happen to lose their eyeballs, turning the sockets into pits of flesh.
  • Fixed equipment tooltips opened via the Inventory sometimes randomly closing on controller without player input.

Hi Salo (and Zentu), quick question regarding a hotfix: Did we just get a sneaky shinobi hotfix 16? My game just updated on GOG after hotfix 15... did anyone else get this tiny (very tiny) ninja hotfix?
Also, does anyone know what it was for?

B
old hand
old hand
B
Did you fucking have to quote the entire OP?!?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by MarcoNeves
Hi Salo (and Zentu), quick question regarding a hotfix: Did we just get a sneaky shinobi hotfix 16? My game just updated on GOG after hotfix 15... did anyone else get this tiny (very tiny) ninja hotfix?

the last patch on Gog Galaxy is adding Japanese language file ... perhaps a few other undocumented code changes but we always have to find that crap ourselves

the main one a few days ago was hotfix15 and the small Windows [30mb] one is because Mac updated so Windows users needed to be on the same build number in order to multiplay

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Ussnorway
Originally Posted by MarcoNeves

the last patch on Gog Galaxy is adding Japanese language file ... perhaps a few other undocumented code changes but we always have to find that crap ourselves

the main one a few days ago was hotfix15 and the small Windows [30mb] one is because Mac updated so Windows users needed to be on the same build number in order to multiplay

Ah, gotcha. Thanks so much for the reply, Ussnorway! smile

C
stranger
stranger
C
I love this game so much and played it nearly 40 hours on XBOX Series S and switched to Series X now. On Series S I had the infamous cross-save crashes (which I could resolve be disabling the link to the XBOX account). But even with the new patch from yesterday, the game is constantly crashing on Series X. At least twice a day. Most of the time when loading or quick saving, the screen turns black and returns to the XBOX home. This is really annoying and it looks like it happens more often on Series X. Any advice how to mitigate this?

veteran
veteran
i advice you to stop making so many saves and whatever you do don't play in honor mode untul Larian upgrades their servers to handle at least some of the load better

A
stranger
stranger
A
Hello ps5 player, just wondering if there is going to be a future patch update to fix all the bugs so my game will stop crashing in act 3? Not sure where exactly to post this because it seems like everywhere across different platforms. People are having the same issues.

These are the things I’ve done personally to troubleshoot on my PS5 (not in this exact order):
1. I’ve turned the network on and off
2. Put the console into safe mode & rebuilt the database, cleared the cache, restored licenses
3. Deleted the game altogether and reinstalled it.
4. Turned off cross saves, and turned them back on
5. Made sure everything was up-to-date
6. Make sure I had enough space.
7. Sent in multiple emails via Larian support & I also tried to get in touch touch with PS support.

None of these quick fixes have worked.

I still have my old file. I have not deleted it yet. But I did start a new game separate save. And I’m not having any issues until I hit act three or reopen my old save. So it seems like my particular problem is isolated to act 3. Please let us know when this issue may be fixed Ty.

T
stranger
stranger
T
I also hope that Halsin finally gets some love... and soon. He is the only one I am interested in and it has been very thin gruel from the beginning with only a few lines said over and over while everyone else is a chatterbox. I am nearly done with my play through and feel that I have missed so much. Very sad really.

journeyman
journeyman
Did this patch do something to the Necromancy of Thay and Dark Amethyst. I've long since found both and opened the book with my main character. I kept the Necromancy of Thay in a separate pouch within my inventory, which I used to carry other quest items to keep things less cluttered, and the book is now back in my inventory and I can't put it back into the pouch. The Dark Amethyst has also appeared in my traveler's chest even though it should be in the book. I didn't know what it was at first since I used it so long ago. I thought maybe it was something I looted and sent to camp by accident since it has the quest colored border, but I couldn't right click it to examine it because there is no right click menu for it.

I don't know if I did something in-game and it was a coincidence that I noticed it after this patch. This may also be related, when I changed locations and went to camp, a bunch of junk (like bones and bed rolls) from the previous location got sucked into the traveler's chest and moved with it.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Hi! I have a problem activating cross save with my PS5. I have already linked my PS5 to my Larian account but the cross save toggle under save options is missing. Is there any workaround for this?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by jimnms
Did this patch do something to the Necromancy of Thay and Dark Amethyst. I've long since found both and opened the book with my main character. I kept the Necromancy of Thay in a separate pouch within my inventory, which I used to carry other quest items to keep things less cluttered, and the book is now back in my inventory and I can't put it back into the pouch. The Dark Amethyst has also appeared in my traveler's chest even though it should be in the book. I didn't know what it was at first since I used it so long ago. I thought maybe it was something I looted and sent to camp by accident since it has the quest colored border, but I couldn't right click it to examine it because there is no right click menu for it.

I don't know if I did something in-game and it was a coincidence that I noticed it after this patch. This may also be related, when I changed locations and went to camp, a bunch of junk (like bones and bed rolls) from the previous location got sucked into the traveler's chest and moved with it.

There is somehing weird going on with putting the book inside containers since Update #4 because it is bound to the character who used it. For me for example when I put it inside a pouch it just straight up vanishes entirely.

So I recommend just keeping it in inventory. Ugly to look at, but there is no risk of it bugging out at least.

veteran
veteran
Did this patch do something to the Necromancy of Thay and Dark Amethyst.

yes Larian changed the code

M
stranger
stranger
M
PS5 split screen fixes when? Merged screen, remove player names from minimap, fix crashes, errors. Game closing when two player press same button at once inventory, level up, trade, chest, skill wheel. Each patch brings more problems.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Ps5 waiting for a solution that resolve the split screen crash.. without making witchcraft like "load in a map, save, reload, join and pray for work" because isn't something right and we spent a lot of time trying to start to play and given up after 10 and more try and almost an hour.

stranger
stranger
Hello, thank you for beginning to address the multiplayer issues.

A PS5 / couch-coop/ split screen player here who has spent many hours crashing the game and submitting error reports to playstation network. (Does Larian even have access to the PS error reports? )

Does this forum have a thumbs up / me too feature so i could just click the above other posts about PS5 couch-coop crashing?

Just want to play the game split screen with my wife like we did 20 years ago playing Baldur's Gate: The Dark Alliance. It worked flawlessly on the Xbox in 2003.
smile

apprentice
apprentice
If anyone has any issues with throwing dead bodies, and the bodies end up standing and animated as if they were still alive - I reported it to Larian.

Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb Dual Channel) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games).
T
stranger
stranger
T
ON XBOX SEIRES S/X, NOTHING YOU FIX IN ALL OF BALDUR'S GATE 3 MEANS ANYTHING UNTIL WE CAN HAVE RELIABLE SAVE GAME FILES.

FIX SAVE GAME OR PULL THE GAME FROM THE STORE.

AS OF 30/23/2023 8 HOURS OF GAMEPLAY EVAPORATED AND GONE FOREVER ALONG WITH THE SAVE GAME.

THANK FULLY I AM FAR FROM SHORT ON GAMES, BUT I CAN NOT WASTE ANY MORE TIME OR RECOMMEND THIS GAME TO ANYONE ON XBOX UNTIL THIS IS FIXED!!!!!!

BACK TO PLAYING GAMES THAT YOU KNOW .. SAVE!!

PLEASE WAKE ME UP WITH THIS IS FIXED.

veteran
veteran
@tiirath
Larian made an official today on discord about Xbox saves not working because file never actually gets saved to the harddrive... they claim this is "due to a firmware issue" at Microsoft end

as a temp work around Larian wants people to use their cross save system [which does not currently work on Gog] and they made a server change to save the last 5 saves on their server until this is fixed

T
addict
addict
T
Well Game is running a Lot better but still has some visual Bugs that are really anoying and brake immersion really Hard..

Like the Iron Hand Lady in the Patrol when yu Reach Drakos Pass..
Her Cheak still complete broken and its looks like stick on something and get stretch in the entire Scene and yu only can Lought Looking at that Terrifying Thing that she become..

The Shadowheart Hair still Turning Black in Selunite Path in the Beach Romance Scene when she goes fully naked.. this got Broken in 3.0 when the Underwear Bug came out, got fixed but this bug happen instead and till this Day Nobody fix it.
(The only way i Fix it in my Games was to use Mod to Make her Hair Black in Selunite Path.. BTW she looks a lot better with Black Hair..)

The Water Lady in Act 3 her quest yu need to Skip Dialogue to actually FInish becouse if yu Let it Run out as it should go the scene got Stuck with no Option to Finsih the dialogue.. anoying thing..
(Umberlee Temple Lady)

The scene with the Tulla in Underdark act 1 is Broken Too.. really wonky interaction i just Kill her Now becouse of that its anoying watching that thing broken.
BTW thats what i Do nowadays Its Broken ?! ok i Kill then.

I Just Got Tired of looking for More Bugs so thats the ones i notice that are still around in my games.
But i Bet if i Play the Game again i will find More.
But im just too Tired for that Sorry Guys.
i Just Wish they make a Smaller Camp so i can Give a Try again and Bring only the companions i like..
Becouse Gale, Halsin, Wyll, Karlach Never again sorry..haha

BTW the Shield Bash is Still Broken indeed.. not working as it Should
Another Weird Really Wierd stuff i Notice since i Use Afterburner when i PLay
The Memory Usage of the Game when yu Run it for the First Time almost Broke the Game its Getting tooo High for no Reason..
Sometimes i Just Had to Wait and Reload at least 4,5 times to Make the Ran usage go down..
THe Longer yu Play the Better it becomes..
But when yu Fire the Game in any Load for the First Time i almost Run out of Memory.. really crazy.

I Bet a Bunch of people have the Gaming Crash is related to This.. for real.
When yu Load the Game for the First time the Game just Use evrything yu Have of Memory then get stable the longer yu stay playing.. really crazy.

Last edited by Thorvic; 02/01/24 03:10 AM.
Z
addict
addict
Z
Fixed several cases of what we've dubbed the Pinocchio issue, where characters' noses (and cheeks) get stretched in cinematics. They also happen to lose their eyeballs, turning the sockets into pits of flesh

I have 16 times finished the game never saw this bug.
Now I see it on every 10 npc it's brutal.

eoz Offline
stranger
stranger
iam getting a bad BUG in in the dark urge when you turn .. and the thing is iam having issues with crashing when say certain line ..
i know its not my mods because i can load the game in another save and move around//
so its the game on that cut seen .. iam like wow tried updating verifying game purging mods and the deploying updating mods and you name it but i found out its the game because i can till move around on saves and really its the cut scene meh i think its old bug because looked it up and its happened before in September.. iam offline and i only do updates when i press update so.. hmm is this on your side wondering lol..

Last edited by eoz; 02/01/24 11:40 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
I hope screen split fix for ps5 will come soon

M
stranger
stranger
M
Same, joining is problematic but possible but too many crashes when both players enter various menus at same time frown

C
stranger
stranger
C
Easy to blame Microsoft, seems that thousands of other game studios dont have this issue, or it doesnt happen because these games dont crash at all. I stopped playing now as the game still crashes all the time on XBOX Series X. It is not possible to play more than an hour without a crash, most of the time even when the XBOX was turned on and the app started (without Quick Resume) and loaded the first time. NOT ACCEPTABLE ANYMORE.

I saw a "Not Found" message in one of my choices yesterday. Could there be a missing line in German? (I cannot give the exact place, because I only now realized I should have taken a screenshot to post it here)

A
stranger
stranger
A
Is there ever going to be a fix to the game itself to keep it from crashing? And in some cases, I can’t even access my game saves…. I play on the PS5, and from what I keep reading online, this is a widespread multi platform issue. I’ve gotten in contact with PlayStation support, none of their troubleshooting helped… I really hope the next update comes soon. Otherwise, this makes this entire game completely unplayable.

Please fix it soon

addict
addict
OK I'm very confused now.

Why does GoG have Hotfix 16 but this forum doesnt know about it ?!?!?

Hotfix 15 is 4.1.1.4251417

Hotfix 16 is 4.1.1.4425968

So its definitely a new version number, too.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Dunno if it's me but I have trouble linking to the forum, it gives me 405 error most of the time.
Patch16 is definitely a thing. It works fine on me new play through so far, but people have reported bug where quest items were not recognized so I guess I'll see.

A
stranger
stranger
A
For those you who are playing on the PS5, be warned that if you are a player who grabs every item, invests roughly 150 hours or more in the game, or has a significant amount of saves, you will probably encounter the error code 544. This error will pop up as your are playing and thus you can no longer play on the PS5. It also prevents you from saving the game, and can corrupt other earlier save files. This occurs once you get to Act 3. I figured I'd post a warning in this thread since the PS5 was mentioned. Larian is not acknowledging, nor working on a solution for it either. This latest patch and patches before it have done nothing.

Last edited by Arnim-Zola; 12/01/24 04:16 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Halycon Styxland
OK I'm very confused now.

Why does GoG have Hotfix 16 but this forum doesnt know about it ?!?!?

Hotfix 15 is 4.1.1.4251417

Hotfix 16 is 4.1.1.4425968

So its definitely a new version number, too.
Gog has hotfix 16 because thats the current build on gog PC or Steam PC... Larian forums are not upto date, this is the first day so far this week its even been up so give them a week to catch up

addict
addict
Originally Posted by eabevella
Dunno if it's me but I have trouble linking to the forum, it gives me 405 error most of the time.

Tried getting in this forum all week because I wanted to know what people said about the new patch.

So yeah, its not just you.

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
Hotfix 16 is impossible for the players. Excuse me for beuing blunt, but the bugs arwe game breaking.

Not only are dialogues options (especially on Gale's ending) obviously linked wrong. Ergo you can't be sure if you get the ending with himn that you've been working on half of the game. Larian should really stop neglicting him.

Not only Cazador is so ridiculously overpowered, he instant kills most parte members with his necrotic aura. Which means you can't finish Astarion's Questline and don't get the end of his romance that way.

Quest related items aren'tr acknowledged by the game. So far that concerns Karlach with the Irfernal Iron, Shadowheart with the spear of night and Gale with the magical items to consume.

Those bugs are game breaking. In other platforms people scream for a Hotfix 17 already and that says enough for me. And no, not only the mods are to blame.

I love Larian for their work, but i seems they need to test things better before making them available. Can someone please fix this Hotfix?

old hand
old hand
What do you mean, that Shadowheart’s spear of night isn’t acknowledged by the game? Are you unable to progress with her quest?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Rebel Moon
Hotfix 16 is impossible for the players. Excuse me for beuing blunt, but the bugs arwe game breaking.

I literally just watched a streamer finish the game tonight on hotfix 16.

D
stranger
stranger
D
PS5 with Hotfix 16 got many visual bug and other issue like Warlock Repelling blast or Bard inspiration.
I have to enter act 3 but i can't play with this problems, we need a fix.
Thanks

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ecc2ca
What do you mean, that Shadowheart’s spear of night isn’t acknowledged by the game? Are you unable to progress with her quest?
she has it in her hot little hands but wants you to give it to her and won't shut up or stop asking i.e, if you got past that point before installing HF16 then gratz... otherwise your game is over

apprentice
apprentice
Why is there not a Hotfix #16 sticky topic here ???

I mean its been released ..
https://steamcommunity.com/games/1086940/announcements/detail/3878226811977091034

Is it such a buggy embarassment that they cant bring themselves to make a topic and keeping it low key?

I wouldn't recommend updating though, it breaks an awful lot of stuff.

But we need to discuss all of that, no?

CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games).
journeyman
journeyman
Most of these reported bugs are caused by running incompatible mods. Rule #1 of using mods is DO NOT UPDATE YOUR GAME UNTIL MODS ARE UPDATED. The only bug I have run into post patch is that the repelling blast doesn't turn off when you toggle it off.

apprentice
apprentice

Most of these reported bugs are caused by running incompatible mods. Rule #1 of using mods is DO NOT UPDATE YOUR GAME UNTIL MODS ARE UPDATED. The only bug I have run into post patch is that the repelling blast doesn't turn off when you toggle it off.

My bold and underline ..

No, not running any mods here (not used any during the Early access, and still not using any in my new play through (post public release out of Early Access) so that I can make good bug reports to Larian without any user induced complications), and the bugs I am finding in Act 3 are really putting me off playing the game any further since Hotfix #16 hit the streets.

(See my previous post, we need a Hotfix #16 topic to discuss)

One major downer for me has been Shadowheart, romanced her up until Act 3, talked to her at a Camp (inbetween bringing Wyll into the party and getting him fully specced out), and she gave me conversation options to discuss our visit to the Beach, and keeping that away from the other party members .. I replied with "Maybe we could say we were making sand castles" (or something similar) .. But I was left thinking "What beach!", has the game just completely skipped a romantic moment ???

I mean, though thats REALLY dissappointing its not a game stopper, but there are a lot of bugs since Hotfix #16 hit PC machines that are making me want to start the whole game again from the start.

But Larian haven't even posted a topic about the update = Highly suspicious!.

There's not even an update topic referencing Hotfix #16 at the bottom of the official site here https://baldursgate3.game/

Last edited by 4lt3rn1ty; 13/01/24 12:17 AM.

old hand
old hand
Hey, just want you to know that that is not a new bug. The missing the Shadowheart beach scene thing. It’s a long-standing one. Basically, if you don’t ask her one specific question in act one, about herself as a person, you won’t learn from her that she can’t swim. And thus you will not trigger her act three romance scene. Simple as that. It’s a massive issue. Because, as soon as you choose a different conversation option, the one to ask her about herself as a person disappears. It definitely needs to be changed because people shouldn’t be missing a whole romance scene for neglecting a tiny detail.

And no, this bug is not caused by mods.

Last edited by Ecc2ca; 13/01/24 12:27 AM.
old hand
old hand
She doesn’t acknowledge that she received the spear? Oh no……. I hope that it doesn’t affect my future playthroughs

apprentice
apprentice
Oh godz, so I am going to have to start again completely, AAAAAAAAAGH!.

I love and hate this game so much smile

But that one issue asside, Hotfix #16 is causing a lot of issues that did not use to happen prior to Hotfix #16.

And the fact that no Hotfix #16 topic has been made anywhere, makes me think one of the staff was working overtime Christmas/New Year, but had one too many alcoholic drinks prior to release. The game is awful in Act 3 post Hotfix #16.

old hand
old hand
Hey, well, the nice thing is that there may be other details you missed for Shadowheart’s romance, that you can play now. Minor spoilers for acts one and two:

Shadowheart has three small interactions that are pretty cool. In act one in Grymforge, you can give her an idol of Shar that you find, and especially if you’re a cleric of Selune, she has a unique reaction. However, that interaction has been mostly broken since patch 4. You can also give her a night orchid in act two, which is cute, and you can give her the Noblestalk mushroom from the Underdark to help her recover one of her memories, which does give you some unique scenes/content.

You should also be sure to long rest a few times before you even get to the druid grove in act one, because you get more interactions with her. Also, you should long rest after you’ve spoken to Nettie and before you leave the Grove, and you get other potentially really cute dialogue. Playing as a cleric of Selune also works best when you’re romancing Shadowheart.

apprentice
apprentice
I know about the points you mention in the spoiler, its just to me the missing romantic scene, after you have done pretty much everything you can find in Act 1 & Act 2, and your focus is on Shadowheart (having also turned down any other romancing options, and felt sad about rejecting those), its as you say pretty unfair. I have already submitted a bug report for receiving dialogue for a scene I have never seen (Beach romancing scene), plus another for Shadowheart looking like she still has smooth skin when you talk to her about her parents 'after' you have convinced her to have the second tadpole (she should have varicose veins on her face), plus another for her hair looking silver/white when you kiss her. Probably old known bugs, but I am only just getting to the stage where they are prevalent .. Thanks for trying to help, but I am a BDG3 veteran, I may be a newbie on this forum but I think you are judging a book by its cover here. Most of my posts since Early access went live have been directly to Larian Bug Reports. The forums are useless imho, which is my main point for posting here (Read back re Hotfix #16 should have its own topic to discuss that hotfix's bugs).
Frustrated smile

T
addict
addict
T
The Missing Romance stuff from Shadow.. Normally happens becouse of Karlach had it in one of my First Games and a Bunch of people Too..
The Only way many of us did to Fix was..
Give her the Flower in Act 2 or Skip Karlach for the entire Game.
(just Kill her for the Sword and call it a Day.. she sux anyway.)

BTW even if yu do that yu could still Find some Skip important Stuff Bug..
Better to only have the 3 yu need and Move on.

When i make my Runs with Only Shadow, Lae'zel and Astarion.. Runs Perfect the game. lol
I Just Bring any other start to bad stuff happen.
the only other 2 i get or 3 its Minthi in act 2 and Jaheira e Minsc too.
they dosent broke the game that much as far as i Tested..

So yeah.. i Never Bring ever again all of then. haha

Last edited by Thorvic; 14/01/24 11:55 AM.
N
stranger
stranger
N
Introducing new bugs in a hotfix makes me wish for it to be possible to revert patches on PS5. Being unable to disable Repelling Blast no more put my entire play through on hold which is extremely frustrating.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Is it possible to rollback to an older patch on Steam Deck? I want to play online with someone who's on the Mac version.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Can we rollback to previous patch in PS5?

Last edited by Daniel-san; 14/01/24 01:19 PM.
stranger
stranger
Looking for news on Error Code 544.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Maybe this is the wrong place to post this but I'm new smile
Is karlach getting a new ending ?
Is a high magic incapable of curing such an affliction?
As a DND player I can find dozens of ways to fix it most without much issue as in game graphics would go

W
stranger
stranger
W
Hi, I just made it to reunion camp in Mac mode. I can not talk to withers and end my adventure.
May someone please help mac users with that bug? I am literally one step from achievement. I hate reunion camp for this bug, previous patches at least finish the game.

Last edited by Winston1997; 22/01/24 10:59 AM.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard