Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 49 1 2 3 48 49
B
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
B
It is far too easy to accidentally trigger the conversation where Shadowheart admits to wanting to sleep with Halsin the whole time. I'm trying to figure out if there is some lesson to be taught, because through the whole game, the lesson of tolerance is conveyed through the writing. And I can appreciate that, tolerance is a worthy objective to teach, especially in this day and age. In this case however, I don't think that was the point. This idiot of a writer was just trying to "push the envelope" so to speak.

Let me tell you how this plays out in the REAL world. If someone who you THOUGHT was a friend your whole time tells you he wants to bang your girl out of the blue, he earns an immediate ass whooping. If your girl expresses displeasure when you refuse, you break up with her, on the spot. And if, God forbid, you were married, you might trigger an even worse response than that. There is a reason why people are able to successfully plea temporary insanity in the cases of murder due to adultery. Hell, this is "just a game," and I STILL probably wouldn't hesitate to put a bat through your writer's skull and make him look like a mindflayer's lunch.

You do not tangle with people's emotions in a relationship, genius. There is no message of "tolerance" to be conveyed here. Get a writer who understands relationships.

USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST. It is only here for moderation's documentation purposes.
Zero tolerance for threats of violence against Larian staff.

Last edited by Zerubbabel; 04/01/24 11:12 PM.
A
old hand
old hand
A
It must be bad, if you had to make a second thread for this while the old one is still on page one. ^^ We could maybe branch out this time around, how about "All the reasons the brothel is stupid" or "Everything wrong with the brothel" because there are more things than just Shart and Halsin.

old hand
old hand
I just killed Halsin at the beginning of act three, no one noticed and problem solved! I, er… don’t share. (Maybe that means I should be romancing Lae’zel instead LOL.) I killed Halsin before going to Sharess’s Caress so that there wasn’t even a shred of possibility that I would ever get weird dialogue about him. I wish he wasn’t even in act three to be honest.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Ecc2ca
I wish he wasn’t even in act three to be honest.

He has one good use in Act 3.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by t1mekill3r
I wish he wasn’t even in act three to be honest.

He has one good use in Act 3.

Agrred - being Orin bait, so I don't loose my actual companions

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
A
old hand
old hand
A
Can't you also simply not recruit him after the Curse is lifted in Act 2?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Anska
Nope, teh game doesn't give you teh chance. He just forces himself into your group and even says basically it is, because he has the hots for you - even if you never talked to him about anything else, but business.

Doctor Who
A
old hand
old hand
A
Originally Posted by fylimar
Originally Posted by Anska
Nope, teh game doesn't give you teh chance. He just forces himself into your group and even says basically it is, because he has the hots for you - even if you never talked to him about anything else, but business.

*cries silently* Can't they just make it that if you avoid that topic, he doesn't address it either. It would help so much.

old hand
old hand
Lol since I killed Halsin, joke’s on me, she took Gale!! Like the worst one to possibly take! Because I forgot to keep him in my party. I was hoping she would take Minthara, but NO. She had to take the guy with a nuclear weapon in his chest. And now I feel like I have to rescue him before I go to Sorcerous sundries.

veteran
veteran
Lol since I killed Halsin, joke’s on me, she took Gale!! Like the worst one to possibly take! Because I forgot to keep him in my party. I was hoping she would take Minthara, but NO. She had to take the guy with a nuclear weapon in his chest. And now I feel like I have to rescue him before I go to Sorcerous sundries.

Yeah, never do that. Halsin has one job ina ct 3: getting ritually sacrificed by Orin, because we 'botch' the persuasion or don't make it in time biggrin.

If it is any consolation:
You don't have a timer, until you start the questline inside the sewers, you will know, what is meant.

Doctor Who
addict
addict
Originally Posted by fylimar
because we 'botch' the persuasion or don't make it in time biggrin.

I just tell her to stop messing around and kill him. It's good to be a Durge.

old hand
old hand
I’m going to get really annoyed if she kills Gale and I get a “game over” in two days. Pfft maybe I should reload. All the progress I’ve made since then has just been me spending three hours dyeing my clothes, anyway. THEN she will take Minthara.

But yeah, to be more on topic, it would be awesome if they could give you a choice to tell Halsin to go home or something after act 2. In a game with so much player choice… let us choose, Halsin go home.

Now that I’m thinking of it, does anybody have a video or transcript of his recruitment dialogue?

Last edited by Ecc2ca; 22/12/23 09:40 PM.
A
A
Recruitment dialogue:

[img]https://imgur.com/a/JgKwQMt[/img]

As for the initial point, I disagree. Virtually everyone has desires that exist outside their relationship, whether it be specific people or in general (which has a multi-billion dollar industry that caters to it.) This is something most people would not normally don't say out loud. Placed in the context of an incestuous brothel experience, opening up and confessing another desire doesn't seem odd to me.

Opinions aside, physically threatening the writer is out of bounds, IMO.

V
Vua Offline
apprentice
apprentice
V
It's a video game. Your wife didn't admit to wanting to sleep with Halsin. But if you feel the need to file for divorce, I know this lawyer that will bring a couple of wolves to court with him.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
I'm confused.

You can only invite Halsin if you're in / he's a part of your relationship, right? The option never appeared for me after I turned him down on my alt Tav. If you're getting the "interested Halsin?" after turning down his proposition it might be a bug.

veteran
veteran
Hell, this is "just a game," and I STILL probably wouldn't hesitate to put a bat through your writer's skull and make him look like a mindflayer's lunch.

This is not healthy and even implying or suggesting violence against the game's writers, who are real people, is not, in any way, acceptable.

old hand
old hand
For sure, any type of violent rhetoric is wildly inappropriate. It’s better to stick to constructive suggestions or solutions. Solutions like… unceremoniously dispatching Halsin at the beginning of act 3… or suggestions like the devs allowing you to not recruit Halsin at all, or removing Shadowheart’s “disapproval” tag when you’re not into Halsin.

Last edited by Ecc2ca; 23/12/23 04:08 AM.
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Oh boy, the daily "Halsin is terrible for enjoying sex too much, and it's his fault MY Shadowheart has a crush on him. Time to tell everyone that I killed him/only keep him around as Orin bait, because everyone definitely cares and I'm the first person to ever say this" thread.

Whoever pointed out this thread is unnecessary when there's at least two other threads with this exact same topic is correct.

I agree, it's just annoying. We understand that they don't like him for strange reasons...

A
A
If you agree to a foursome with your partner and Halsin is in party, he asks if you would like some extra company.

Page 1 of 49 1 2 3 48 49

Link Copied to Clipboard