Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 49 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 48 49
N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Filia
You are right about the scene, its up to imagination and I never really checked if it's the same only with her.
I just saw a YT video with the scenes and the talk before. If Halsin is not at the party, SH only says she doesn't mind sharing if the Tav is into it. If Halsin offers himself, she explicitly says she had a dream about this one or twice or even more. So they added this line which clearly shows she has this kind of fantasy with Halsin, or at least it feels like this to me. Why else would they add this line?
No, first she says her line about the sharing(which is good, also if haven't had first time with her, she just supresses the dialogue and it doesn't advance), after that Halsin goes with his inclusion, only after that she says her comment about thinking about threesome or w/e before.
She says she had fantasies about threesome with Tav/Halsin. She also doesn't try to squeeze in there if unromanced unlike Halsin/Astarion.

Last edited by Netav; 24/12/23 08:41 PM.
F
F
Originally Posted by Netav
No, first she says her line about the sharing(which is good), after that Halsin goes with his inclusion, only after that she says her comment about thinking about threesome or w/e before.
She says she had fantasies about threesome with Tav/Halsin. She also doesn't try to squeeze in there if unromanced unlike Halsin/Astarion.

The video I watched was from 3 month ago and in there, she says the line about sharing and then you have to pay for the night. With Halsin, she also says the line about sharing, then Halsin asks to join and then she talks about having this dream several times.
She only says this line if Halsin is in the party and offering to join, so her dreams she had once, twice [..] clearly is about him, not about just a three-/foursome with anyone, otherwise the line would've been with and without Halsin.

The other line about her dream once is in the room later on and that one is the same on both ways.
Maybe this scene got fixed, I don't play the whole game again each patch.

If you want to answer to any of my posts with just hate, please just don't answer at all.

If you want just to white knight everything and can't accept opinions, please don't even answer me.

Thank you!
N
addict
addict
N
The video I watched was from 3 month ago and in there, she says the line about sharing and then you have to pay for the night. With Halsin, she also says the line about sharing, then Halsin asks to join and then she talks about having this dream several times.
She only says this line if Halsin is in the party and offering to join, so her dreams she had once, twice [..] clearly is about him, not about just a three-/foursome with anyone, otherwise the line would've been with and without Halsin.

The other line about her dream once is in the room later on and that one is the same on both ways.
Maybe this scene got fixed, I don't play the whole game again each patch.

Well, she first agrees and says her line about the "sharing", only after this Halsin proposes for little extra company, to which she responds about her having thoughts about this(in the context of little extra company), which reads into threesome(or more than that) including Halsin and, obviously, Tav. This is proven later when she says about "dream" and this line exists both with and without Halsin, which means both Halsin and Tav was present there. Anyways,

F
F
Well, she first agrees and says her line about the "sharing", only after this Halsin proposes for little extra company, to which she responds about her having thoughts about this(in the context of little extra company), which reads into threesome(or more than that) including Halsin and, obviously, Tav. This is proven later when she says about "dream" and this line exists both with and without Halsin, which means both Halsin and Tav was present there. Anyways,

This is what I mean, basically. She had several dreams about a threesome (or more) with Halsin and the Tav (in the room itself it's just "I had a dream....once"), but before being in the room, she doesn't say anything about several dreams if Halsin is not involved.
So the writer had some intention adding this line just if Halsin is involved, maybe to emphasize her being horny for Halsin. Most likely because it adds another chapter to the "Sex symbol Halsin" book.

Other than that, we both kinda said the same stuff.

If you want to answer to any of my posts with just hate, please just don't answer at all.

If you want just to white knight everything and can't accept opinions, please don't even answer me.

Thank you!
N
addict
addict
N
This is what I mean, basically. She had several dreams about a threesome (or more) with Halsin and the Tav (in the room itself it's just "I had a dream....once"), but before being in the room, she doesn't say anything about several dreams if Halsin is not involved.
So the writer had some intention adding this line just if Halsin is involved, maybe to emphasize her being horny for Halsin. Most likely because it adds another chapter to the "Sex symbol Halsin" book.

Other than that, we both kinda said the same stuff.
Yes, but it goes in context of "including" him, anyways it reads like this at least for me. So basically she had "thoughts" of including Halsin in some sexual activities with Tav. Had dream about this "worship" thing, which includes Tav/Halsin/Some other ppl. Thats how I read it.
If you read it your way, it's much more darker.

Last edited by Netav; 24/12/23 09:09 PM.
F
F
Yes, but it goes in context of "including" him, anyways it reads like this at least for me. If you read it your way, it's much more darker.

Thats true, the writing is somewhat ambiguous and that's not the only scene like this. This game has a lot ambiguity, maybe for us to talk about if on the forums. wink

Thank you!
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Yes, but it goes in context of "including" him, anyways it reads like this at least for me. If you read it your way, it's much more darker.

Thats true, the writing is somewhat ambiguous and that's not the only scene like this. This game has a lot ambiguity, maybe for us to talk about if on the forums. wink
All it did is made me wanna leave the companion(s) this John fella writes in a ditch somwhere if I ever buy another Larian RPG. If that's the goal, consider it a success lmao.

Last edited by Ehhhh123; 24/12/23 09:15 PM.
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
I'll stop bringing up misogyny when replies stop being misogynistic. Hope that helps!

N
addict
addict
N
We will stop brining up Halsin's disgusting behaviour and writing when it is fixed. Hope that helps!

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
We will stop brining up Halsin's disgusting behaviour and writing when it is fixed. Hope that helps!
You just know that if Halsin were short and unattractive he would have way more complaints against him.

It is just like this:

[img]https://9gag.com/gag/ajNwRqx[/img]

Last edited by Ehhhh123; 25/12/23 05:51 AM.
stranger
stranger
Well, this thread certainly seems to be treading a line like an old banned one…

On my first run I completely avoided this dialogue unintentionally between Halsin and a romanced SH by not going up to the Drow twins at all, wouldn’t another remedy be not having Halsin in the party when you talk to those two too if you really insist on having a foursome?

Isn’t this kinda avoidable content? I specifically avoid Astrarion’s evil romance because of this very issue.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Originally Posted by Ehhhh123
Originally Posted by Vua
Unless it was something I read in this thread I wouldn't know. What I'm trying to do is understand the logic.
Alright then, lots of us have experienced the unwanted advances from Halsin confusing whatever minor interaction our characters have with him as "treating him like a lover". Fine, unwanted advances seems to be the trend of romance in the game. That can slide. If you and Shadowheart wanna try some prostitutes out, that isn't Halsin's business unless he's been specifically invited. He already knows that you aren't interested, why is he asking again? Because last time I checked, just because a couple wants to try some prostitutes/open relationship doesn't mean their bed is open to absolutely everybody. Especially the one one of them said "no" to. Since it's been established that there are no secrets in the camp with everybody knowing your business for some reason, Shadowheart also knows that you don't want to involve Halsin. She should respect that, just like how I'd assume that you wouldn't go through with the orgy or chew her out for not being okay with it either (basically: "Tav disapproves"). Hence the disrespect this creates.

Not to mention, with the way she acts outside of the the brothel you would never know about this at all. If she were written to be the type to obviously be into swinging, orgies, and whatever, many of the threads and feedback posts complaining about it simply wouldn't exist. I know I wouldn't be here. If a mono romancer of hers found out about it (Indirectly, like a youtube video. This is literally me, I would've been blissfully unaware about it if I didn't watch the video) of course they would be unhappy, it's human. It would be natural if they took it seriously, just like how people took Karlach getting lazy shitty endings seriously. If you were poly/into having sex with everyone, I expect that kind of thing shouldn't bother you. However please try to understand why the mono players don't like it when they find out.

If you still truly don't understand it, then I don't know what else to tell you. We'll just have to agree to disagree and leave it at there.
Refer to this if you want more info on why people don't like it

F
F
You know whats funny? Nearly all players agree on topics like
  • Astarion needs a better ending than burning in the sun with others laughing
  • Karlach needs a better ending
  • Wyll needs more content for him
  • Minthara needs to be fixed in general

But the only characters players can't seem to agree on are SH and Halsin (who were written by the same writer). If they had never added Halsin as a companion, people wouldn't even complain about SH.
People even try to seek some lessons in the questionable scenes to understand why it got added in first place, because it doesn't fit the narratives for the characters. Larian just traded good story for pseudo-polygamy and bear memes to sell more copies.
Best examples are the brothel, cheating with Mizora or Haarlep, where you don't really see any consequences from some characters (some of the more popular ones, to be precise, like SH, Astarion or Halsin).

Of course, this is just a game, but people enjoy games, they invest time and emotions in playing them (especially in games that offer relationships and love, in those you pick the character that you like the most or feel the deepest connection to). Anyone who has a relationship in real life should easily understand why you don't want to hear stuff like SH said from the person you love.

Originally Posted by Ehhhh123
You just know that if Halsin were short and unattractive he would have way more complaints against him.

It is just like this:

[img]https://9gag.com/gag/ajNwRqx[/img]

If Halsin was short and unattractive and his content would still be the same (which is 99.999% sex-driven) people would be disgusted and asking to remove it. Or they would ask him to use his wildshape more, for ... obvious reasons (at least this was a huge reason for some people to buy the game).

Originally Posted by Moongerm
Well, this thread certainly seems to be treading a line like an old banned one…

On my first run I completely avoided this dialogue unintentionally between Halsin and a romanced SH by not going up to the Drow twins at all, wouldn’t another remedy be not having Halsin in the party when you talk to those two too if you really insist on having a foursome?

Isn’t this kinda avoidable content? I specifically avoid Astrarion’s evil romance because of this very issue.

If someone has the information on what happens there, you can avoid it, yes. But imagine someone not reading any walkthrough / watching any videos before playing the game. The person romanced SH, likes Halsin as a party member and then gets hit with a disapproval when saying no. They will keep this in mind for the second time they play and this will influence their experience.
Besides that, you can't avoid the post-swim banter (at least not if you have Halsin in the party) and that one also leaves a bad taste.

Last edited by Filia; 25/12/23 08:21 AM.

Thank you!
addict
addict
the more popular ones, to be precise, like SH, Astarion

And that's the only reason why those two are fine with Halsin and Mizora.

But I think a lot of people agree that the brothel isn't a good experience regardless of who you bring (out of SH, Astarion and Gale).

Originally Posted by t1mekill3r
And that's the only reason why those two are fine with Halsin and Mizora.
Unfortunately, yes.
I had to start a poly romance with Halsin using my second Tav, a paladin, who is in relationships with Astarion, for scientific reasons - I wanted to check after-drow dialogue with Halsin in patch 5, wanted to see if Larian really expanded it and added this "trauma" thing (unnecessary expansion for even more unnecessary dialogue, IMO). And then I reloaded a save file and rejected Halsin.
So, from my personal experience (I've seen some scenes with Astarion and Halsin poly romance, so I was ready) I, as many other people, think Astarion doesn't suit for poly option. Yes, he says he's ok with Tav being with someone else and yes, maybe I am overthinking, but I felt I am betraying Astarion, especially considering what life he had before. My paladin is an ultimate good guy who is trying to show his beloved vampire there are good things in people. But this is my personal roleplaying. I think the same goes for people who romance SH and see what life she had before, there are many people who want to "protect" her and make happy, but in this case we have a writer, who wrote both her and Halsin and his hands had all freedom to do what he wanted.
To be honest, sometimes I think maybe John is not the original Halsin writer, considering how drastically poor druid was changed.

Some people seem to forget that this is just a game and there are options, nothing needs to be removed because they don't want to. There are enough people who don't have a problem with the twins etc.

F
F
I can't say much about Astarions romance but from what I saw, I agree that poly doesn't really seems best for him, exactly like SH, who shows a completely different side of her than before. Iirc Larian added the polyamory option at a later stage, because they had the idea quite far into the development and I guess this is why it feels not really well written (at least several people who are living in a polyamorous relationship themselves said so). Personally I think it would've been better to start with a fully fleshed out mono-romance for all characters and then work on a fully fleshed out poly-romance for all characters to add either in a patch or with a possible DE. I know it's not cool to wait but this way both sides would get a full experience and not the half-cooked stuff we have now and it would add more diversity than now (where any straight male or lesbian can't add a second woman).
Regarding the topic, the brothel scene (and the banter) would be really fine for the poly options then.

Again, of course this is a game, but this is also a game that uses a rule system from TTRPG and isn't one of the core elements of TTRPG to always check your options and to discover? Yes, it's only an option in the game, but an option with an outcome you don't know before (could also expect something like loot or a buff or a fight coming afterwards, like in DOS2).

Also, let's be honest, lots of people have become obsessed with this game or characters, I've seen people with char tattoos, people building small altars for their favorite character and such - so "It's just a game" is easier said than done for some people, especially those who maybe seek escape from reality for a while and can't get that because of some writing. This is where Larian could have shown a bit more sensitivity. I mean, nothing against drama, loss and such, but this seems to feel more like a betrayal to the players, hence the feedback.

Thank you!
N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by autistichalsin
I'll stop bringing up misogyny when replies stop being misogynistic. Hope that helps!
Actually you are right. Misogyny should be brought up in this topic as I think about it.
I remember Backinstyle and her frustration on this interaction. Halsin and his taking "no" for an answer to female Tav in lesbian relationship with Shadowheart is pretty mysognystic.
You've opened my eyes, thank you!
Originally Posted by EdaLee
Some people seem to forget that this is just a game and there are options, nothing needs to be removed because they don't want to. There are enough people who don't have a problem with the twins etc.
And enough people that do.
Originally Posted by Noelle666
Unfortunately, yes.
I had to start a poly romance with Halsin using my second Tav, a paladin, who is in relationships with Astarion, for scientific reasons - I wanted to check after-drow dialogue with Halsin in patch 5, wanted to see if Larian really expanded it and added this "trauma" thing (unnecessary expansion for even more unnecessary dialogue, IMO). And then I reloaded a save file and rejected Halsin.
So, from my personal experience (I've seen some scenes with Astarion and Halsin poly romance, so I was ready) I, as many other people, think Astarion doesn't suit for poly option. Yes, he says he's ok with Tav being with someone else and yes, maybe I am overthinking, but I felt I am betraying Astarion, especially considering what life he had before. My paladin is an ultimate good guy who is trying to show his beloved vampire there are good things in people. But this is my personal roleplaying. I think the same goes for people who romance SH and see what life she had before, there are many people who want to "protect" her and make happy, but in this case we have a writer, who wrote both her and Halsin and his hands had all freedom to do what he wanted.
To be honest, sometimes I think maybe John is not the original Halsin writer, considering how drastically poor druid was changed.
Well they all do not fit. Epilogue kinda supports that, you have to choose in the end who to stick with(game always overrides SH/Astarion/Lach over Halsin romance, unless you hard break up with them pre epilogue I think).
As much as I want this thing to be removed entirely, I understand that leaving this option is probably for the best for the poly players(or maybe let her be that open in Shar route, because it makes sense, because she still follows Shar's rules there and should be perfectly fine with all options). I, we just want swimming banter to occur only if you romance both of them(so it wouldn't play in mono SH romance. Plays as usual in poly SH/Halsin romance), make Halsin be invited in drow twins conversation by the player or with active romance with him, not the other way around(or they could rework reaction based on active romances, so you don't get this reaction if you solo romance SH, really up to them). Something like:
1.) If player is in poly romance with SH/Halsin - everything plays as it plays right now on live. Banter occurs, brothel sequence is the same with Halsin inviting himself.
2.) If player is in mono romance with SH - Halsin/SH banter does not play, in brothel player can invite Halsin, not the other way around

Last edited by Netav; 25/12/23 11:56 AM.
A
old hand
old hand
A
Originally Posted by EdaLee
And enough people that do.

Though, to be fair, I feel that most people don't have a problem with the twins themselves, but with how some companions and the player character are written in connection with the twins.

Last edited by Anska; 25/12/23 01:21 PM.
That's unhealthy and Larian can't please everyone. Even my 18 year old son can't understand any of this anymore.

Page 6 of 49 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 48 49

Link Copied to Clipboard