Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 49 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 48 49
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Anska
He can have a conversation with the twins that is unique to him. It will tell you how they both left their home because Sorn was treated so poorly there and a bit about their life. Depending on how the conversation goes that also stops them from making their more overt offer. But you can also have the normal Tav dialog.

I know. You can also get something like that from them as a drow. I meant the Gale dialogue because all those asshole options there really don't work with Astarion's understanding of such situations.

A
old hand
old hand
A
Originally Posted by t1mekill3r
I know. You can also get something like that from them as a drow. I meant the Gale dialogue because all those asshole options there really don't work with Astarion's understanding of such situations.

Oh, no they really didn't adapt anything for those two in the romance tracks, no matter which Origin you play - apart from a line during Gale's drunken banter during the Tiefling party. Though romanced Gale has some special lines for Astarion in the new epilogue. But that's it, as far as I can tell.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Lots of us have experienced the unwanted advances from Halsin confusing whatever minor interaction our characters have with him as "treating him like a lover". Fine, unwanted advances seems to be the trend of romance in the game. That can slide. If you and Shadowheart wanna try some prostitutes out, that isn't Halsin's business unless he's been specifically invited. He already knows that you aren't interested, why is he asking again? Because last time I checked, just because a couple wants to try some prostitutes/open relationship doesn't mean their bed is open to absolutely everybody. Especially the one one of them said "no" to. Since it's been established that there are no secrets in the camp with everybody knowing your business for some reason, Shadowheart also knows that you don't want to involve Halsin. She should respect that, just like how I'd assume that you wouldn't go through with the orgy or chew her out for not being okay with it either (basically: "Tav disapproves"). Hence the disrespect this creates.

Not to mention, with the way she acts outside of the the brothel you would never know about this at all. If she were written to be the type to obviously be into swinging, orgies, and whatever, many of the threads and feedback posts complaining about it simply wouldn't exist. I know I wouldn't be here. If a mono romancer of hers found out about it (Indirectly, like a youtube video. This is literally me, I would've been blissfully unaware about it if I didn't watch the video) of course they would be unhappy, it's human. It would be natural if they took it seriously, just like how people took Karlach getting lazy shitty endings seriously. If you were poly/into having sex with everyone, I expect that kind of thing shouldn't bother you. However please try to understand why the mono players don't like it when they find out.

Here's the post y'all, I think it probably encompasses how most of us feel about Sharess Caress. I might respost this every 2 or 3 pages for the newcomers who probably wanna skip to the last page.

addict
addict
This thread's title should probably be changed to something like 'Everything wrong with Halsin, his advances and LI reactions'.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by Ametris
This thread's title should probably be changed to something like 'Everything wrong with Halsin, his advances and LI reactions'.
Someone should contact the person who wrote the thread to change the name since apparently there are also SH and Astarion fans here who repudiate Halsin's behavior

A
A
Originally Posted by Sobocles
Someone should contact the person who wrote the thread to change the name since apparently there are also SH and Astarion fans here who repudiate Halsin's behavior

If there is one thing most bg3 fans are unhappy about, it's Halsin's behavior.

I saw the same feedback across different social media sites and the larian discord. It's a bit sad it never gets addressed since seems to be an issue for most players.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Originally Posted by ahania

If there is one thing most bg3 fans are unhappy about, it's Halsin's behavior.

I saw the same feedback across different social media sites and the larian discord. It's a bit sad it never gets addressed since seems to be an issue for most players.
That's why I don't think anything will be changed. There's no way they don't know people take issue with this and yet with all the changes they've done since release you've seen nothing about this. If anything they doubled down on it by adding more garbage to the drow scene.

No repeats, he responded exactly as I expected.

Eh, we already have an entire hundred page or whatever thread for that. That's why I didn't comment about how 95% of the problem in-game is his involvement with the interactions that prompted another of these threads.

Although I am a bit surprised the clear threat of graphic violence toward a writer in the OP didn't prompt a mod response yet. Must all be away for the holidays.

A
old hand
old hand
A
Originally Posted by Auric
Eh, we already have an entire hundred page or whatever thread for that. That's why I didn't comment about how 95% of the problem in-game is his involvement with the interactions that prompted another of these threads.

Isn't that other thread for those wanting to romance Halsin but dissatisfied with the execution? While this is more of the reverse problem. I think this has mutated into the general thread for Halsin and brothel grievances. The rather poor book selection in the library has not been mentioned yet, but it seems a minor grievance by comparison.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by Madguise
John knows what he's doing considering he's been ignoring the feedback about the SH and Halsin thing. as I stated in the Halsin thread, this fetish sh*t is what he finds sexy. He completely destroyed Halsin's character the minute who wanted that bear scene in. The last character he created, the red prince from DOS2, had similar elements of SH and Halsin in his romance, instead though, the player was forced to go through with watching and reading the red prince have sex with another character. Any hopes of John removing this from SH, you can forget it, since similarly, people who romanced Red prince hoped that in the definite edition of the game, John would've reworked Red prince's romance. He did not. I'm on my new run of the game, I'll be romancing Astarion instead and will stay away from any future character that John will create in the future of larian
I find that Jonh and the characters he creates (and this includes Shadowheart) absolutely disgusting. If this isn't fixed somehow, I'll react the same way in future Larian games. It's clear that this writer writes with his dick instead of his brain. (At least I'll give Shadowheart some credit since her character isn't just (SHAR SEX SEX SHAR SEX SHAR) like Halsin is. But even so, her behavior in Act 3 is repulsive.

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by EdaLee
What are you even talking about? Don't eat too many tadpoles.

Although I am a bit surprised the clear threat of graphic violence toward a writer in the OP didn't prompt a mod response yet. Must all be away for the holidays.
Yes, all "problematic" interactions with othe LI and overall are 99% regarding Halsin. Funny how this theme keeps on poping up on daily basis basically everywhere, twitter, discord, reddit, steam, forums.
Wonder when they are going to do something about it(considering they haven't fixed things such as Shadowheart's hair turning black during her swimming scene, which is bugged since patch 3).
I find that Jonh and the characters he creates (and this includes Shadowheart) absolutely disgusting. If this isn't fixed somehow, I'll react the same way in future Larian games. It's clear that this writer writes with his dick instead of his brain. (At least I'll give Shadowheart some credit since her character isn't just (SHAR SEX SEX SHAR SEX SHAR) like Halsin is. But even so, her behavior in Act 3 is repulsive.
Well, other than her behaviour regarding Halsin in act3, I really like her writing. Her romance is beautiful and her epilogue is beautiful.
I think he maybe went for self-insert with Halsin with his "perfect" girl or something for SH. Might be overthinking it, but...

Last edited by Netav; 26/12/23 01:40 AM.
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by Netav
Originally Posted by EdaLee
What are you even talking about? Don't eat too many tadpoles.

Yes, all "problematic" interactions with othe LI and overall are 99% regarding Halsin. Funny how this theme keeps on poping up on daily basis basically everywhere, twitter, discord, reddit, steam, forums.
Wonder when they are going to do something about it(considering they haven't fixed things such as Shadowheart's hair turning black during her swimming scene, which is bugged since patch 3).
Well, other than her behaviour regarding Halsin in act3, I really like her writing. Her romance is beautiful and her epilogue is beautiful.
I think he maybe went for self-insert with Halsin with his "perfect" girl or something for SH. Might be overthinking it, but...
If the guy self-inserts as a muscular type, he must have serious self-esteem issues. Anyway, don't spoil the epilogue for me because I'm in Act 3 trying to romance Shadowheart, and I say 'trying' with a lot of emphasis because every time Shadowheart opens her mouth saying she loves me, I feel like vomiting, haha (just kidding). But I have to admit, it's just not the same anymore ;C

N
addict
addict
N
If the guy self-inserts as a muscular type, he must have serious self-esteem issues. Anyway, don't spoil the epilogue for me because I'm in Act 3 trying to romance Shadowheart, and I say 'trying' with a lot of emphasis because every time Shadowheart opens her mouth saying she loves me, I feel like vomiting, haha (just kidding). But I have to admit, it's just not the same anymore ;C
But she legit does so. Just have to don't think about her Sharess caress interactions regarding Halsin. Otherwise she doesn't even aknowledge his existence.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Also, Halsin is the definition of contradictory. He only wants you, but wants your partner to participate with the two of you in sexual activities. He doesn't want a relationship and tells you that you are free to roam as you please, yet you can define it as being a relationship by telling him your relationship with him is over, multiple times, to which he gets upset and says that loving you is difficult. He wants to join in on the threesome or orgy with the drow twins, even though you are all that he wants. And perhaps the most contradictory of all is the very fact that he is traumatized by what Ketheric Thorm and his dark justiciars did to him and the Harpers, causing him chronic PTSD and an obsession with ending them, yet, he lusts after SH almost more than Tav. Wtf!? He's an absolute mess.

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Syraxfyre
Also, Halsin is the definition of contradictory. He only wants you, but wants your partner to participate with the two of you in sexual activities. He doesn't want a relationship and tells you that you are free to roam as you please, yet you can define it as being a relationship by telling him your relationship with him is over, multiple times, to which he gets upset and says that loving you is difficult. He wants to join in on the threesome or orgy with the drow twins, even though you are all that he wants. And perhaps the most contradictory of all is the very fact that he is traumatized by what Ketheric Thorm and his dark justiciars did to him and the Harpers, causing him chronic PTSD and an obsession with ending them, yet, he lusts after SH almost more than Tav. Wtf!? He's an absolute mess.
Where his lust for SH shows? Swimming banter in a context of threesome? Otherwise don't see any interactions with them.

S
stranger
stranger
S
On top of that, he tells SH during the threesome while he's having sex with her, that seeing a woman flush with pleasure is a one of the most beautiful things for him to witness. He doesn't say things like this to Tav outside that very brief dialogue when Tav finally gets to sleep with him. How SH has dreamed many times of getting with Halsin, and she wants all the details about your intimacy with him. It all just comes off as very, Halsin and SH want to stay on Tav's good side so they get what the need from Tav, but in actuality Halsin and SH truly just want each other, not Tav. And clearly Halsin only stay because he feels obligated to. He complains constantly about the shadow curse and the city. He's no there for Tav. That's how it all comes off to me IMO.

Last edited by Syraxfyre; 26/12/23 03:02 AM.
N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Syraxfyre
On top of that, he tells SH during the threesome while he's having sex with her, that seeing a woman flush with pleasure is a one of the most beautiful things for him to witness. He doesn't say things like this to Tav outside that very brief dialogue when Tav finally gets to sleep with him. How SH has dreamed many times of getting with Halsin, and she wants all the details about your intimacy with him. It all just comes off as very, Halsin and SH want to stay on Tav's good side so they get what the need from Tav, but in actuality Halsin and SH truly just want each other, not Tav. Thats how it all comes of to me IMO.
Ahaha, you are overthing it 100%. They don't give a fuck about each other when unromanced. Romanced Halsin + unromanced SH have 0 interactions. Unromanced SH + unromanced Halsin have 0 interactions. Romanced SH + unromanced Halsin have banter interaction and brothel scene(which is what we complain about mostly, these 2 things). Romanced SH + romanced Halsin have banter interaction and brothel scene(bascially same shit as romanced SH + unromanced Halsin).

S
stranger
stranger
S
Okay then. You can tell me that my experience of romancing them is wrong. That's how I experienced it. I don't know what to tell you.

That could be the explanation, because the thread was reported, among other things.

Page 10 of 49 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 48 49

Link Copied to Clipboard